Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2016, 11:05 AM

34 posts, read 43,474 times

Advertisements

Ok so basically what I read Ewing H.S not considered to good. Hamilton West H.S. not considered to good. Ewing area that borders Trenton not so great and the same with Hamilton area that borders Trenton. So I have looked at homes in two neighborhoods. Both for the most part fairly clean and the homes appear to be kept in decent condition. One area is right by or off Spruce st on the Ewing side. The other place is right by Hamilton West H. S. and a park where I here they have little league games etc. It is hard to tell which area is better or worst because unfortunately the reviews for both schools and both areas are pretty much bad. It's hard for me to determine the less of two evils so to speak, because both areas I saw looked fine. It was daylight maybe that's the difference comes in. So anyone who can give me a comparison of these two areas please help. At the end of the day I don't have upper afluent area money but I do want to live somewhere decent. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2016, 11:08 AM

3,859 posts, read 9,975,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpills View Post
At the end of the day I don't have upper afluent area money but I do want to live somewhere decent. Thanks
If you post your budget, what kind of house you're looking for, where you need to commute to, etc...and give the whole story rather than just asking random questions about this town or that you'll get a lot more help in comparing these areas and might even learn of some others that you may not have previously considered.

Old 05-09-2016, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badfish740 View Post
If you post your budget, what kind of house you're looking for, where you need to commute to, etc...and give the whole story rather than just asking random questions about this town or that you'll get a lot more help in comparing these areas and might even learn of some others that you may not have previously considered.
The prices I have seen in these to areas have been about the same. To be more detailed the budget is looking to go no higher than $150k. The commute would be to Hopewell or Lawrenceville. The things is everything that I have read about one area. I have read the same description about the other place. I want to know between THESE TWO places compared.

Old 05-09-2016, 11:42 AM

Quote:
The things is everything that I have read about one area. I have read the same description about the other place. I want to know between THESE TWO places compared.
To be perfectly honest, I'd say they are virtually the same. The only real difference is that Hamilton is a much larger town by both population and land area, so it's almost three towns in one. An "urban core" type of area that is almost indistinguishable from the City of Trenton in many places (Hamilton West and Nottingham High School territory), a solidly suburban middle/upper middle class area, and finally, a rural/agricultural area that looks like it fits more with Burlington and Monmouth Counties which it borders (both are in Steinert High School territory). However, since you're only looking at the Hamilton West area, again, there is not much difference when comparing to Ewing.

Quote:
To be more detailed the budget is looking to go no higher than $150k. The commute would be to Hopewell or Lawrenceville.
Depending on how much house you want for $150K, where in Hopewell or Lawrence you need to go (ie: somewhere right off of 95 or Route 1), and how long of a commute you're willing to put up with, there could be other options.

Old 05-10-2016, 07:03 AM

so it's a draw ?

Old 05-10-2016, 07:20 AM

Quote:
so it's a draw ?
I would say, yes. I don't think Ewing High is any better or any worse than Hamilton West, and at least as far as your budget (it still would be helpful to know how much house you're looking for) I think you would be confined to the more urban/less desirable parts of Ewing, so the elementary schools would be comparable to those in the Hamilton West neighborhoods as well.

Old 05-10-2016, 09:09 AM

Ok yeah school is not a issue I was just curious because most of what I read about Ewing High. I read almost the same things about Hamilton West. The place where the home was at Ewing looked alittle more quite and calm than the street I saw by Hamilton West( Samdin blvd in Hamilton)

Old 05-10-2016, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Ok yeah school is not a issue I was just curious because most of what I read about Ewing High. I read almost the same things about Hamilton West. The place where the home was at Ewing looked alittle more quite and calm than the street I saw by Hamilton West( Samdin blvd in Hamilton)
Short of pulling crime stats for the specific you're looking at and interviewing actual residents who live there you're not going to get a good sense of how quiet or calm a street is or is not.

Old 05-10-2016, 09:19 AM

1,290 posts, read 1,342,472 times
Hamilton West area encompasses a LARGE part of Hamilton. Some of the neighborhoods are IDENTICAL to Steinert neighborhoods. But $150K... gonna find not much....

Old 05-10-2016, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njmom66 View Post
Hamilton West area encompasses a LARGE part of Hamilton. Some of the neighborhoods are IDENTICAL to Steinert neighborhoods. But $150K... gonna find not much....
That was my point-if the OP is only really choosing between Hamilton West territory and all of Ewing Township, they're pretty comparable. There are nicer parts of Hamilton West territory such as the area that falls between 295 and Route 130 for example. You could find the same thing in Ewing. As far as the $150K budget the OP still hasn't said what he/she is looking for so it's hard to say. FWIW I just found a 3 bed 1 bath in the older section of Groveville (which is Steinert territory) down near the old thread mill on the market for $153K
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey