Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2009, 04:48 PM

825 posts, read 3,160,249 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by D3000 View Post
Agreed!! I'm not trying to start a war either. New Jersey has a lot of rich towns that constantly rank among lists of the best places to live but different parts of New Jersey have different types of people. (Not everyone is the same I know this) but North Jersey wealth for the most part is in construction, waste management and food services. They pride themselves on being flashy and over the top. You are nobody unless you have a BMW or a Mercedes. I have friends from almost every part of New Jersey. I lived in Wayne, NJ before my parents moved and built a home in Basking Ridge, NJ. This is just my view from comparing friends from both North and Central NJ. I've had this view long before reading what these women do for a living and sure enough at least one of those occupations were mentioned in their bio's for the North Jersey women.

Central Jersey is just different it's alot of professionals, like lawyers, doctors, investment bankers, professors, CEO's and old money. (Google Doris Duke) The reason women from Central Jersey probably weren't used for this show is because 1. They never applied and were not interested because they thought it was tacky or 2. They were really boring and low key and there was nothing exciting or trashy to make a show out of.

I saw a preview of what's to come on a link on Bravo, one woman is going on a blind date with a guy she's never met in person after she had phone sex with him and another woman's son is going to the be the first one to finish college and go to law school while the other son has dreams of opening his own strip club. LOL! Like I said laughs, laughs and more laughs!!
yeah, I know about the Duke family. interesting obersvations you made about the wealth in North and Central Jersey.

and I never understood the point of phone sex. why not just have real sex instead of being a loser by moaning over the phone. idiots... anyways, these people sound f---ed up. they just worsen our state's already tarnished name. the kid dreams of opening up a strip club? that's horrible. how old is he like 10? and he already wants to exploit women?

I apologize, people's views of it differ. that's just my view. I personally don't like strip clubs. the customers are all like 40 year old, bald, fat, business men that should really be at their homes with their families instead of at a strip club. and these beautiful women are being gawked at by this terrible men. it just doesn't sound like something a young woman should get into. I personally believe that no woman should be treated that way. women should be treated with respect, and no woman should have to live a horrible and exploited lifestyle by working in a strip club. I know a guy who owns one, and he gets so much crap handed to him. he tells me some pretty disgusting stories that I probably should not repeat on here.

^my apologies for that rant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2009, 04:48 PM

34 posts, read 143,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyc_37
Of course I've been to those areas. I would actually consider those areas North Jersey. They are North of Route 78, which is sort of the definition of where North Jersey starts. It's all trivial, I suppose...but those areas (Bernardsville, Far Hills, etc) have more in common with Morris County than Central NJ towns.
Bernardsville, Far Hills are all in Somerset County (Central Jersey)

Wikipedia acutally gives a great break down of what central jersey is made up of. Some people think there is only North and South Jersey and rule out Central jersey all together but it exists.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Central_Jersey

Old 06-23-2009, 10:28 AM

1 posts, read 3,478 times
Default Reply to the Housewives of NJ Show

People in Northern New Jersey aren't all THAT flashy..crazy maybe...but one thing for sure is they are rich rich rich. What IS flashing is all the large head of lettuce in their wallets/pockets. If you think Franklin Lakes is ritzy-titzy, you oughta get a load of Saddle River (houses there are at least 8 figures) Englewood where some of the homes have been sold for as high as $30M and, of course, Alpine where an indoor pool is the norm. The thing is, the women in Alpine, Englewood and Saddle River wouldn't be caught dead on a TV show like the Housewives. Not that I think there is anything wrong with it, its hilarious - all the Housewives shows are great. But the ladies in Alpine, Englewood and SR believe your name is in the media 3x, once when you are born, once when you are married and once when you go to your great reward.

Old 06-23-2009, 10:51 AM

80 posts, read 219,395 times
They found the trashiest people possible to put on TV to represent NJ women. Cartoon characters. The lowest common denominators. Where did they dig them up? I saw them on Extra or ET or something late at night. Surely this show is some sort of a joke. I hope. I guess money doesn't buy class.

Old 06-23-2009, 11:13 AM

1,235 posts, read 3,953,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyndaLou View Post
The thing is, the women in Alpine, Englewood and Saddle River wouldn't be caught dead on a TV show like the Housewives. Not that I think there is anything wrong with it, its hilarious - all the Housewives shows are great. But the ladies in Alpine, Englewood and SR believe your name is in the media 3x, once when you are born, once when you are married and once when you go to your great reward.
Not sure about this. I'm sure they could find five gals from the towns you mentioned to be on RH. People like to be on the tee-vee. It's no comment on Franklin Lakes.

Old 06-23-2009, 11:59 AM

249 posts, read 882,633 times
Default They are all from Brooklyn

Are they really Jersey People at all....not!

Old 06-23-2009, 04:25 PM

467 posts, read 1,488,814 times
They take the worst people and make a reality show out of it...I didn't want to watch it and wouldn't but my cousin said just put it on one night you will Laugh...OMG It's just awful, I don't care if they have
money and beautiful homes, who in their right mind would want to air their dirty laundry on T.v. never
mind the foul mouths on those women..UGH. really gives N.J. a bad picture of the women born there.
Please don't watch these awful shows, that's the only way we will get rid of them...is it really entertaining? I don't think so

Old 06-23-2009, 06:18 PM

831 posts, read 2,436,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delray Patty View Post
They take the worst people and make a reality show out of it...I didn't want to watch it and wouldn't but my cousin said just put it on one night you will Laugh...OMG It's just awful, I don't care if they have
money and beautiful homes, who in their right mind would want to air their dirty laundry on T.v. never
mind the foul mouths on those women..UGH. really gives N.J. a bad picture of the women born there.
Please don't watch these awful shows, that's the only way we will get rid of them...is it really entertaining? I don't think so

Well lets put it this way yes its very entertaining however, if you were born and raised in NJ you know right away 4 out of the 5 are not Jersey Girls, you can tell. I believe Teresa is the only one. The rest definetly comes across more NY'ers to me, except maybe the one white trash wanna be.

Old 07-07-2009, 12:50 PM

4,036 posts, read 9,241,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmccauley View Post
Well lets put it this way yes its very entertaining however, if you were born and raised in NJ you know right away 4 out of the 5 are not Jersey Girls, you can tell. I believe Teresa is the only one. The rest definetly comes across more NY'ers to me, except maybe the one white trash wanna be.
I dont' think anyone claimed to be born and raised in Jersey. Jacqueline's from Vegas and Danielle is from Athens, PA (according to star magazine).

Old 07-07-2009, 01:30 PM

1 posts, read 3,235 times
Unhappy jersey

Yeah, I don't think the girls showed how Jersey really is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey