Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2009, 08:20 AM

392 posts, read 842,262 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
I'm the anti-liberal but give the guy a break. Who HASN'T said this joke in one form or another 150 times in their lives?

-Marc
Agreed. He was great on Leno. He has a great personality and is very charismatic. Heck, that is primarily why he won.

As for his politics. He has broken most of his important campaign promises (already) and has embarked on the greatest expansion (spend) of government in the history of the world. It will be an epic fail and bring this country to the brink of collapse. We may not be able to recover from his presidency, let's at least enjoy some good humor.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2009, 08:25 AM

1,106 posts, read 4,897,986 times
BTW for those of you that are throwing around the word "retarded" you should know that some people with disabilities and those who care and work with them are offended by that word.

I'm sure you didn't mean anything by it and I guess that kind of mistake only matters if your the president...

Just thought you should know.

Old 03-21-2009, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrjersey View Post
BTW for those of you that are throwing around the word "retarded" you should know that some people with disabilities and those who care and work with them are offended by that word.

I'm sure you didn't mean anything by it and I guess that kind of mistake only matters if your the president...

Just thought you should know.
Just to let YOU know. I am offended by your use of the word DISABILITIES. I prefer it if you would substitute the term "less abilities".

Thanks.

Old 03-21-2009, 08:41 AM

1,990 posts, read 7,633,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xmonger View Post

As for his politics. He has broken most of his important campaign promises (already) and has embarked on the greatest expansion (spend) of government in the history of the world. It will be an epic fail and bring this country to the brink of collapse. We may not be able to recover from his presidency, let's at least enjoy some good humor.

Huh? Obama hasn't even been President for 70 days, and you're all ready calling it a failure? Didn't he get the stimulus bill pass, and layed out his plain for Iraq, or talked about his reform for education? He has done a heck of a lot since Jan. 20th.

Old 03-21-2009, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkCity0416 View Post
Huh? Obama hasn't even been President for 70 days, and you're all ready calling it a failure? Didn't he get the stimulus bill pass, and layed out his plain for Iraq, or talked about his reform for education? He has done a heck of a lot since Jan. 20th.
Reading comprehension is not your forte?

I said his spending policies will be an epic fail. That being said, I hope he proves me wrong.

Old 03-21-2009, 09:32 AM

23 posts, read 43,048 times
[quote=SilkCity0416;7979978]
Quote:
Originally Posted by STrapani1105
the only reason why some Klansmen associate themselves with the republican party is because we and the Klan both believe in preserving america, while the damn liberals rape and destroy it.

So, the agree that when the Klan, lynch innocent blacks, burn crosses, and fire bomb homes and churches, that is "preserving" America?
Can we please get off of the Black/White thing - Obama - which everyone seems to forget, was birthed and raised by a white woman. His skin color is dark, but he is not what I would call a black man. He is bi racial and if people would refer to him as such that might help the races come together!

Now having said this, you should be more worried about the fact Obama has insulted the leader of our greatest alliance - Great Britton ( O gave him a basket of DVD's worth $250 at a meeting and then sent back the bust of Winston Churchill that was a gift from Great Britton to the White House during the Bush Administration.

Your president is too casual about everything and is an elitist! He believes that if he smiles and says "Listen, somethings have slipped by me but that won't happen again" the sheep (liberals) will be ok with that!

I want our President to look after his duties to the American people, to be mindful of what he says, is, and who he associates with. His past associations are very questionable, and now he said in a video to Iran that the American People have great esteem for Iran. Sorry this american does not agree.

Please look into the man and what has transpired in the past 60 days, you can not keep blaming the Bush Administration for everything. Bush did spend money in the wrong places at times, but Obama has put heavy tax loads on our future as well as our children. Obama needs to focus on this countries problems, and he is not focused on keeping this country safe from terroristic threats. His own vice president predicted that he would be tested and by god he will be if he keeps up this celebrity attitude of I'm accountable for nothing - Everyone loves me!

As far as his recreation - Bowling, and the cocktail parties at the white house EVERY Wendesday should suffice- Yes the cocktail parties that are being paid by YES - The Taxpayers. Funny, I didn't get an invitation, did you?

Old 03-21-2009, 11:21 AM

3,580 posts, read 6,303,297 times
[quote=STrapani1105;7983333]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkCity0416 View Post

That's how the Klan does it. I don't agree with it because it's wrong, but they see our country being "contaminated". Now we all know that this is not true, because America is a melting pot and a land of immigrants, and eventually over time we diffuse and we become Americans. But hate does arise and that's what you see with the Klan.

You're an idiot. Of course what he said is offensive. Not to me, I thought it was funny. But he has no common sense. Saying that on national television. He offended people who are retarded! So yes, his comment was offensive and Obama is a stupid man in office.

And this is no doubt a racial issue. There is a double standard. Because if anyone had jumped on Obama, they would've been called a racist. Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton would've stepped in. This is outrageous! If Bush had said that, he wouldn't have gotten out of it alive. And by the way, anyone who was faced w/ all the crap Bush had to face during his presidency, would've done a bad job. I don't think Barack is going to do well, because he's an idiot, and he doesn't represent this country well at all.
Quote:
Doesn't he have a country he needs to be running?" and then on top of IGNORING his country, he filled out an NCAA bracket and the head coach at Duke told him off and said he should be concentrating more on the economy than the tourney
Know I'm not, but again your statements are so oximoronic. Just because the man took 1 hour to appear on a show, does not mean that He is ignoring America. This is such a dumb statement. Peole in this state are so ignorant because most just sit around and wait for Obama to slip up, when in reality the people who are talking the most noise couldn't run the county themself.

Oh, so I guess you think that you could do a better Job, if so why did you not run for president? Instead of talking about the president, run for president and do a better job. I want hold my breath waiting for you dream about it, much less run!!!

Obama is human just like the other presidents that were there who messed up just as bad, if not worse.

Lets just take a moment to look at the dumb things that Bush said:

"We both use Colgate toothpaste." —after a reporter asked what he had in common with British Prime Minister Tony Blair, Camp David, Md., Feb. 23, 2001

"I'm the commander — see, I don't need to explain — I do not need to explain why I say things. That's the interesting thing about being president." —as quoted in Bob Woodward's Bush at War

"Do you have blacks, too?" —to Brazilian President Fernando Cardoso, Washington, D.C., Nov. 8, 2001

"This foreign policy stuff is a little frustrating." —as quoted by the New York Daily News, April 23, 2002

So, when it comes down to comments Bush takes the cake and has so much left over.

Old 03-21-2009, 12:08 PM

6,175 posts, read 12,936,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STrapani1105 View Post
Barack mentioned that watching him go bowling is like watching the special olympics. his highest score was like a 129 or something.

now I know Barack wasn't intentionally making fun of "special" people, but I don't understand why the media isn't jumping all over this? there's not even a single thread about it on this forum (which surprised me). if bush or mccain had said the same comment he did, the media wouldn't have let them out alive. so i'm guessing it's alright for a black person to make fun of "special" because they endured so much sh-- the last 100 years. i guess that's fair, right?
Maybe it's becasue it's not actually a big deal. It wasn't an intentional slight, though it certainly could have been seen as insensitive. And it's not something that millions of people haven't said. Was it the smartest thing he could have said? No. Is it worth rehashing 1,000 times on a politics forum? No.

Old 03-21-2009, 04:37 PM

11,343 posts, read 16,699,701 times
[quote=shawn_2828;7985660]
Quote:
Originally Posted by STrapani1105 View Post

Know I'm not, but again your statements are so oximoronic. Just because the man took 1 hour to appear on a show, does not mean that He is ignoring America. This is such a dumb statement. Peole in this state are so ignorant because most just sit around and wait for Obama to slip up, when in reality the people who are talking the most noise couldn't run the county themself.

Oh, so I guess you think that you could do a better Job, if so why did you not run for president? Instead of talking about the president, run for president and do a better job. I want hold my breath waiting for you dream about it, much less run!!!

Obama is human just like the other presidents that were there who messed up just as bad, if not worse.

Lets just take a moment to look at the dumb things that Bush said:

"We both use Colgate toothpaste." —after a reporter asked what he had in common with British Prime Minister Tony Blair, Camp David, Md., Feb. 23, 2001

"I'm the commander — see, I don't need to explain — I do not need to explain why I say things. That's the interesting thing about being president." —as quoted in Bob Woodward's Bush at War

"Do you have blacks, too?" —to Brazilian President Fernando Cardoso, Washington, D.C., Nov. 8, 2001

"This foreign policy stuff is a little frustrating." —as quoted by the New York Daily News, April 23, 2002

So, when it comes down to comments Bush takes the cake and has so much left over.
Just wait, Obama will made Bush look like a genius before his term is over.

Old 03-21-2009, 08:38 PM

3,580 posts, read 6,303,297 times
[quote=MPBsr;7988796]
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn_2828 View Post

Just wait, Obama will made Bush look like a genius before his term is over.
That's impossible because you can tell that obama is intelligent unlike bush, who shows that he does not have common since.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey