Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2009, 04:40 PM

8 posts, read 67,745 times

Advertisements

Hi
Just a question as I am very confused
Our Regular NJ Unemployment Week ending to call in is 03/29/08

I read this on their site'
The EUC extension applies to claimants:
  • Who are unemployed during the EUC period which began on July 6, 2008 and will end on March 29, 2009
Does this mean that because our last week ending date on our regular unemployment was 03/29/09 that we are not elidgible for the extension? This is very confusing. Also I heard that they did extend this date to 12/31/09 but it is not credible info and it is unclear to me
Very confused

Thanks for any help
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2009, 07:57 AM

336 posts, read 1,296,000 times
About 2 or 3 days after your last check comes you should receive a letter in the mail about tier 1.

Old 03-23-2009, 12:53 PM

8 posts, read 67,745 times
Thanks
I just read on the NJUI site that they have now set it to end on 12/26/09
they finally updated their site

Old 08-27-2009, 10:06 AM

859 posts, read 3,321,795 times
I just bumped up this old thread so I didn't start a new one about the same topic...but I have a question...

My last check from initial unemployment was direct deposited to me today. I received the usual in the mail, but the claim balance obviously says 0 b/c I am done. However, although it says zero, it gave me a date to claim my next check.

Did that happen to anyone else? Does that mean I am in Tier 1?? Or do I need to wait for an official notice?

Thanks. Sorry if this has been explained before...I am only in my 20s and still new to all this.

Old 08-27-2009, 11:39 AM

3,814 posts, read 11,975,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMissSunshine View Post
My last check from initial unemployment was direct deposited to me today. I received the usual in the mail, but the claim balance obviously says 0 b/c I am done. However, although it says zero, it gave me a date to claim my next check.

Did that happen to anyone else? Does that mean I am in Tier 1?? Or do I need to wait for an official notice?
You are in Tier I. The extensions to Tier I and Tier II are seamless. You should receive written notification of the determination to give you Tier I benefits, but often that will turn up after your first Tier I payment -- just because of the backlog in paperwork.

Claim your next payment on the date given you. When you receive the check or direct deposit notification, you will see the balance for Tier I benefits on your stub.

If you are still concerned -- or just don't want to wait until the date of the next payment -- call Unemployment or stop by your local Unemployment Office. They can confirm your eligibility on the system.

Old 08-28-2009, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diorgirl View Post
You are in Tier I. The extensions to Tier I and Tier II are seamless. You should receive written notification of the determination to give you Tier I benefits, but often that will turn up after your first Tier I payment -- just because of the backlog in paperwork.

Claim your next payment on the date given you. When you receive the check or direct deposit notification, you will see the balance for Tier I benefits on your stub.

If you are still concerned -- or just don't want to wait until the date of the next payment -- call Unemployment or stop by your local Unemployment Office. They can confirm your eligibility on the system.
Thanks so much!! You are such a big help to so many confused people.

Old 08-29-2009, 01:47 PM

Cool I got the letter in the mail just as you said I would!

The only strange part is the claim slip they sent me told me to collect again on 09/01...and the letter says 09/10...I will check on both just dates to see which is correct, I guess one is a typo. I am thinking the typo is 09/01...as that seems too soon if i just collected this week.

Old 08-29-2009, 02:51 PM

Location: When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic
1,132 posts, read 2,104,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMissSunshine View Post

The only strange part is the claim slip they sent me told me to collect again on 09/01...and the letter says 09/10...I will check on both just dates to see which is correct, I guess one is a typo. I am thinking the typo is 09/01...as that seems too soon if i just collected this week.
This is not a typo. As you probably know in the beginning when you apply for UI first week is not paid to you. So if you want to collect your one week you can claim on 09/01. My suggestion - claim for 2 weeks on 09/10 and hopefully you will get your first week all the way at the end when all extensions for UI will be taken out (unless you will find a job - then your one week check will be never paid to you) .

Old 08-29-2009, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcian View Post
This is not a typo. As you probably know in the beginning when you apply for UI first week is not paid to you. So if you want to collect your one week you can claim on 09/01. My suggestion - claim for 2 weeks on 09/10 and hopefully you will get your first week all the way at the end when all extensions for UI will be taken out (unless you will find a job - then your one week check will be never paid to you) .
Ohh I get it...

I did NOT realize this...b/c when I first started, I DID only get one week but I thought it was b/c I claimed my last pay check from my old job. Thanks for clearing it up!

Old 08-29-2009, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcian View Post
Is there a specific reason why it's bad to get a half check on 9/1??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey