Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2009, 07:55 PM

2,541 posts, read 11,332,493 times

Advertisements

Papa John's quality is actually quite good

and Pizza Hut's pizza's are in a class of its own, just like chicago has its own version

pizza hut and Papa can survive because they are different styles of pizza but good as well
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2009, 07:55 PM

7,055 posts, read 19,297,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScranBarre View Post
I ate at the CiCi's in State College, PA, and I was really not very impressed, but then again with all of the great pizzerias here in the Scranton area I've become a true pizza connoisseur. I don't know how a mediocre chain pizza place would do in a town filled with some good mom-and-pop Italian places, but during a recession young families might find a place like CiCi's to be a good value and compromise the food taste for the quantity.
Yeah, but factor in the cost for Pepto and new bed sheets, and you're really not saving any money.

Old 03-25-2009, 02:52 PM

2,705 posts, read 8,268,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Chutzpah View Post
Papa John's quality is actually quite good

and Pizza Hut's pizza's are in a class of its own, just like chicago has its own version

pizza hut and Papa can survive because they are different styles of pizza but good as well
Are you sure you're from NJ?

Old 03-26-2009, 05:49 AM

467 posts, read 1,691,297 times
there is pizza and than there is doe with sauce and cheese on it. pizza hut, papa john & ci ci's is doe with sauce and cheese. shouldnt even be classified pizza.

Old 03-28-2009, 10:57 AM

23,861 posts, read 33,523,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cici'spizzachic View Post
Hello everyone! I am a Cici's Pizza Buffet Franchisee and I am wanting to get a better feel for Bayonne. I am from the midwest and have been living in S. Jersey for the past 9 years. I have been looking at a site in Bayonne next to Staples (Stop'n'shop, movie theater, etc). I know there was a pizza place there, but it was catering to a completely different market than Cici's will be.
Where are you in South Jersey?
I'm down in Williamstown, the town is building up rapidly.

My granddaughter loves CiCi's in North Carolina. I've never eaten there, hubby has.

I don't recall seeing anything like CiCi's down here, maybe you'd like to refocus from Bayonne to down here?

Old 03-28-2009, 11:57 AM

6,957 posts, read 8,486,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Where are you in South Jersey?
I'm down in Williamstown, the town is building up rapidly.

My granddaughter loves CiCi's in North Carolina. I've never eaten there, hubby has.

I don't recall seeing anything like CiCi's down here, maybe you'd like to refocus from Bayonne to down here?
Roselvr - I can see why your granddaughter might love CiCi's. The slices are very small - a ten inch pie cut into myriad small slices. That place would have more appeal to a kid than an adult. CiCi's might be considered good if you've come from Appalachia and you've been led to believe you're eating real "Eye-talian food" and you think the Olive Garden is for "them rich folk". I've eaten there a couple of times and for the $6.17 I paid (including tax) for the "buffet", I was always sorry I hadn't gone to Wendy's for a Triple and fries. CiCi's is best thought of as a place for people who are "too tired" to make frozen pizza. A DiGiorno's frozen pizza would seem like "gourmet fare" compared to CiCi's.

The unfortunate thing about living by Charlotte or anywhere in the South is that good pizza is a hit-or-miss thing. There are three or four passable pizza places in Charlotte whose virtues and vices are regularly debated by all of us from Northern NJ and NYC. One man's "perfect pepperoni pizza" is another man's poison. But it's that way it is everywhere for "pizza aficionados". One downside of good pizza places in the South, is that they charge prices that would be unacceptable to NJ residents. "Gee- I could have eaten at a Ruth Chris Steak house for that price" is a common complaint, even if the pizza was fairly good!

CiCi's can make money for owners in the South, but it will be a "tough sell" in NJ. Oh, for the days I could walk into a local pizza place on a Tuesday or Wedsnesday and get a halfway decent pizza for 7 or 8 bucks!

Old 03-28-2009, 02:35 PM

213 posts, read 769,690 times
Got to agree with almost everyone here. It would not be a good business decision to open a Cici's in NJ. We lived in NJ for years and just moved to TN last year, and I KNEW I was going to miss pizza terribly... and I do. We tried a Cici's here. I had to laugh because I would not call it pizza. A snack, sure, but pizza, no. There are so many pizzerias in NJ, every mall, street corner, etc. that I just don't see a Cici's doing well there at all. Agree with other poster(s), you need to focus on areas that really don't have any pizza whatsoever. We'll never go back there again, I'd rather have frozen pizza from the grocery store. You just need to find clientele outside of the northeast/Chicago area, people that are unaccustomed to good homemade pizza.

Old 03-28-2009, 08:27 PM

2,541 posts, read 11,332,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyc_37 View Post
Are you sure you're from NJ?
I have tasted a bad local pizza from a NJ and NYC pizzeria

I hate it when the dough is so weak even if you fold it, it sags, and I have experienced that from a local pizzeria

I have tasted sauce from a local pizzeria that was cooked for too long, and their cheese was too old

Papa Johns, and Pizza Hut have better quality control than some places that just hire cheap labor and train them for an hour like local pizzeria's do

Old 03-28-2009, 11:19 PM

2,653 posts, read 5,958,530 times
Chain pizza in Bayonne?
You should also consider South Brooklyn & Staten Island.
Sounds like a winning business proposition to me!!!!!!!

Old 03-29-2009, 04:08 AM

5,273 posts, read 7,345,400 times
Give it a try. Pizza is terrible every place i have been in NJ. Of course when you come from near Buffalo originally--that is the best pizza so I have nothing else to compare it to!!*My favorite being www.lanova.com

I should be fair though, I have never had pizza in N. Jersey!

Pizza Hut is nasty. We had it one day and threw the whole pizza away! Gross. I don't even think they use real cheese lol...Nasty!

We did go by a place called Grimaldi's (coal baked pizza) in Brooklyn yesterday...Tons of people standing outside waiting to get in!! Will have to check reviews of it!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey