Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2009, 11:37 AM
LNT LNT started this thread

6 posts, read 25,994 times

Advertisements

I had a quick question about the academy bus line in NJ. In the morning it says that it will pick people up to go to Wall Street on Craig Road. But in the evening the dropoff on the way back to NJ is Gordon's Corner. Why does the bus not pick up and drop off on the same street . what do people do with their car?? We are going to live withing walking distance of craigs road and were hoping to not have to park a car near any of the bus stops

TIA!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2009, 02:23 PM

2,729 posts, read 6,089,728 times
That's annoying. I take the route 36 bus and in the evening only every other bus comes back to my stop. I don't understand why they think it's okay to pick someone up in one place and drop them off in another. A lot of commuters seem to have someone dropping them off and picking them up. How far is the walk? The buses do make more stops than are listed. Maybe another stop on the way home is close enough to walk from? For me it's about a mile if I can't get the bus back to my stop.

Old 03-28-2009, 11:09 PM
LNT LNT started this thread

6 posts, read 25,994 times
Yeah I just don't get why they would pick you up and one spot and then drop you off at another? Does not make any sense

Old 05-22-2009, 09:21 PM

2 posts, read 16,495 times
Default To answer without a doubt

LNT,

If you have not had a actual answer to this question or discovered the answer on your own then here is one now. First let me apologize for posting so late but i have just recently discovered this site. I happen to be an employee of Academy and am one of the Route 9 regular drivers. You are correct in stating that we make AM pick-ups at route 9 and Craig rd. We do also actually drop you off at Route 9 and Craig rd. in the PM. Depending on what time you depart from Manhattan, you would catch either the all stops to Lakewood or the Gordon's Corner Express to Lakewood. Hopefully this helps and i do apologize if you already knew this.

Sincerely,
A concerned bus driver.

Old 06-10-2010, 03:13 PM

3 posts, read 39,864 times
Sorry to bother you...just a quick question..I recently moved to Manalapan and I have to park in the park and ride on Franklin Lane off Route 9. It says to remember your slot # or whatever they call it, but there isn't any #'s on the ground in each spot like the parking lot next to WaWa, so where is the spot # located if its not on the ground? Sorry, this must sound very stupid to you lol Like I said I'm new to the area so this is all very new to me lol Thank you for your help, I appreciate it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: