Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2009, 07:48 PM

11,337 posts, read 11,033,394 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfoffpeak View Post
Quite good? In NNJ, sales are 50% less than 2002-7 and 25% less than 2008 according to gsmls

New Jersey Real Estate Report » North Jersey Febuary Home Sales

This means that the income of a real estate agent has gone down 50% since 2007. Or if, in your case, you just operate quite well in a "relaxed" environment some other agents income went down 100%.
Actually in this business, 15% of the agents do almost all the business. The rest do a deal or 2 a year and drink a lot of coffee.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2009, 08:00 PM

612 posts, read 1,010,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
Get to 1930's levels? I thought you said they were already there. Unless you meant some other depression that had levels different than those of the Great Depression.
Maybe you should go back and read.

"approaching depression levels"

When you are approaching the runway on a plane, did you already land?

Then again, you are used to misinterpreting things so...I'm not even gonna waste my time. It's part of your job.

Old 04-02-2009, 08:04 PM

1,552 posts, read 4,632,408 times
Quote:
Sales levels are quite good right now in New Jersey.

Old 04-02-2009, 08:28 PM

392 posts, read 842,086 times
Lus...Priceless!!!

Old 04-02-2009, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoakman View Post
Maybe you should go back and read.

"approaching depression levels"

When you are approaching the runway on a plane, did you already land?

Then again, you are used to misinterpreting things so...I'm not even gonna waste my time. It's part of your job.
Approaching means pretty close, no? From cruising altitude to final approach, the plane is 99% landed. So we must be close to depression levels, right? (Okey dokey epic fail for the aviation metaphor)

No. Of course not. You just went overboard with your hyperbole. Again. That's your job. You're a bear.

By the way, I'll have to go back to my archives, but if we are NOT "APPROACHING" the levels of the Great Depression, then it is you who just misinterpreted things. Of course for me, it's part of my job. But you are damn good at it for an amateur.

-Marc

Old 04-02-2009, 08:43 PM

1,340 posts, read 3,696,875 times
Quote:
Approaching means pretty close, no? From cruising altitude to final approach, the plane is 99% landed. So we must be close to depression levels, right? (Okey dokey epic fail for the aviation metaphor)

No. Of course not. You just went overboard with your hyperbole. Again. That's your job. You're a bear.

By the way, I'll have to go back to my archives, but if we are NOT "APPROACHING" the levels of the Great Depression, then it is you who just misinterpreted things. Of course for me, it's part of my job. But you are damn good at it for an amateur.

-Marc
Do you mind posting sales numbers in NJ for years 1995-2000? If you have access to them. Or anyone.

Old 04-02-2009, 08:50 PM

Oversight on your part - you forgot the talking points:

There are presently 596 homes under contract. IN MORRIS COUNTY ALONE. Oh yes, all 596 of these buyers are under duress from cheerleading Realtors.

There are 658 under contract in Essex County, 572 under contract in Union County, and 381 in Somerset County.

Since January 1, there have been 568 closed sales in Morris County, 477 closed sales in Union County, 458 closed sales in Essex County.

Old 04-02-2009, 08:51 PM

612 posts, read 1,010,702 times
Quote:

-Marc
Actually you went overboard on my hyperbole by inserting "final approach". That's what we call a straw man argument.

Can't you just admit you were wrong by claiming I said we were already there? Is that so hard?

Actually, my job isn't to be a bear. I'm a scientist and I deal with statistical data analysis on a daily basis. I'm not misinterpreting anything. Here's some LOGIC for ya. Refer to the chart! The sales in 2005 were more than they were in 2006. The sales in 2006 were more than they were in 2007. The sales in 2007 were more than they were in 2008. Right now, the sales in 2009 are below where they were in 2008. We just keep heading in one direction, down. Hence, we are moving toward, or "approaching" levels that are incredibly and possibly historically low. We are approaching them and you cannot question whether we are or are not approaching them until the direction changes! As of now, the direction is clear, and that direction is DOWN. The only thing you can question is whether we actually get there. The jury is still out on that one.

I'd really appreciate it if you don't resort to name calling in a thread next time. It just pisses me off and encourages me to call you out on your bs and make you look like a fool.

Old 04-02-2009, 09:11 PM

4,177 posts, read 5,056,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theoakman View Post
Actually, my job isn't to be a bear. I'm a scientist and I deal with statistical data analysis on a daily basis.
I'm an engineer, and work with scientists everyday.

You sir, are no scientist.

A bean-counter is more like it.

Old 04-02-2009, 09:27 PM

392 posts, read 842,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JG183 View Post
I'm an engineer, and work with scientists everyday.

You sir, are no scientist.

A bean-counter is more like it.
NJT train engineer?

Joking, but on a more serious note, my black box model just turned bullish for NJ real estate.

>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
NOT

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey