Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2009, 04:21 PM

20 posts, read 65,904 times

Advertisements

I was laid off over a year ago and enrolled at a community college. I have been approved by the state for the ABT program unemployment extension so that I may finish my AS degree. The unemployment extensions have allowed for me not to tap into this grant as of yet. With the extra 13 weeks provided by the EB funding I will not be accessing ABT until July, and perhaps August if the unemployment rate stays above 8% and triggers an extra 7 weeks. The questions I have is for anyone who is familiar with this program ( most likely having been in it ) and can shed some light on a few things for me. I will receive my AS degree this summer and I want to attend a four year institution to gain a BS. I didn't anticipate all these extra months of unemployment so the AS degree was the most I could do and still scrape by and pay the bills. I realize this probably is best answerable by my training councilor. However, I hoping someone here is in a similar situation.

Is it possible to switch schools in the midst of an ABT grant to get the BS?

Can the tuition waiver program be applied to a second school?

Do all the state colleges accept the tuition waiver or only some?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2009, 09:55 AM

48 posts, read 183,056 times
Speak to someone at the office, but, i was about to do that myself, once approved and accepted, you cannot change schools. The tuition waiver can only be used towards a certain amount of credits, but can be used towards a BS, if, i think, you need 30 or less credits to graduate. And no, all colleges do not have tuition waiver, but call the school and ask or the unem office.. you can get definite answers from them.

Old 09-06-2010, 01:21 PM

1 posts, read 4,161 times
Im just curious if you might know anything about getting approved for ABT . I exhausted all my tiers in late April, during which time I was still in school ( still am ) in a Graduate program. The only thing the counselors tell me over the phone is that I need to come in for job orientation before they can decide if I am qualified for Benefits. My question is, does everyone in college get approved for these additional benefits or do they just approve you based on what career/major your going for?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey