Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2009, 06:59 PM

1,422 posts, read 3,440,622 times

Advertisements

ok here is scenario: saturday night heading north from toms river. saturday night about 9pm,i only have a dollar bill,need to go to change booth. well there are none open. so i go through exact change,beep horn and wait for citation in mail. i get citation. fill out dispute,make check for $1.00. i wrote on form that there were no booths for change open. well they come back with another bill saying i owe $25.00 cause i didnt provide enough proof of my dispute,i write back saying i dont know what proof you want me to get,i didnt take a picture of the toll booth. again i get another letter stating still not enough. i refuse to pay $25.00 for something i could not control. anybody have any suggestions. im not going to have my husband write a letter due to the face he was with me and also knows no one was in a booth to give change. its so frustrating.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2009, 07:04 PM

2,791 posts, read 10,805,155 times
how is the ez pass vioaltion? I understood you to say you went through exact change.

Old 04-13-2009, 07:22 PM

199 posts, read 526,097 times
There wasn't one cash receipt lane open? Not that I don't believe you, but I've never seen that happen and didn't think they could allow it for exactly this reason.

Old 04-13-2009, 07:35 PM

95 posts, read 521,258 times
I would just try to get an actual person on the phone and complain until they give in.

Old 04-13-2009, 07:40 PM

95 posts, read 521,258 times
By the way, in the future if this happens again (unlikely), or if you just forgot to have 35 cents in your car, what you can do is just pretend to throw change, and then honk. My understanding is that the person watching the video will think you threw change and it must have been equipment malfunction. The resolution of the video isn't good enough to actually see the change or not. Or so my friend who used to work there told me.

Old 04-15-2009, 06:59 PM

249 posts, read 753,625 times
since you titled your post EZ PASS violation question, are you sure you didn't go through the EZ Pass lane? That is a $25 violation. I have a friend that doesn't have EZPass and went through the high speed lanes and was sent the fine in the mail.

Old 04-15-2009, 07:34 PM

3,223 posts, read 9,626,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deb8997 View Post
ok here is scenario: saturday night heading north from toms river. saturday night about 9pm,i only have a dollar bill,need to go to change booth. well there are none open. so i go through exact change,beep horn and wait for citation in mail. i get citation. fill out dispute,make check for $1.00. i wrote on form that there were no booths for change open. well they come back with another bill saying i owe $25.00 cause i didnt provide enough proof of my dispute,i write back saying i dont know what proof you want me to get,i didnt take a picture of the toll booth. again i get another letter stating still not enough. i refuse to pay $25.00 for something i could not control. anybody have any suggestions. im not going to have my husband write a letter due to the face he was with me and also knows no one was in a booth to give change. its so frustrating.
I think u mean, there were no Cash&receipt lanes open and u don't have ezpass, right? I experience that as well so I always keep change in my car. I would have pulled over and went to a worker for a receipt, if there was one.

Old 11-24-2009, 09:26 AM

1 posts, read 16,847 times
I am not an EZ Pass customer as I live in Georgia but traveling to NJ my elderly husband misread the sign at the Newark exit (So Orange Ave) and attempted to put .35 into a slot but there wase none. After a few moments of attempting this drivers began beeping at him and he had no choice but to move on. He paid the .35 through the mail but now they want an Admin fee of $25. How can they do this? We are not participants and never agreed to any such fee in any EZ Pass customer rules. I see they have senior discounts but do not treat seniors well when they charge this Admin fee. If envelopes were provided for people like ourselves, we could mail the .35 or perhaps a slot for placing the money thus avoiding any Admin costs.

Old 11-24-2009, 09:41 AM

1,604 posts, read 3,883,925 times
I know I accidentally went through EZ Pass express and didn't realise it and had to call them 3 or 4 times (I kept getting the same rude woman who didn't believe that I could be from NJ and not framilier with the Parkway and thought I was jusy trying to get out of paying a $1 toll) untill I got someone who was kind enough to explain to me what happened.

Old 01-16-2010, 04:36 PM

1 posts, read 16,330 times
I went thorugh the George Washington Bridge at 1:44 AM on Dec 18 2009. I did not know that the lower level of the Bridge does not have chash receipt lane at all for cash payers drivers. So eventhough I stopped at the toll and after the toll to ask somebody there was nobody in the office or any worker close by. By the way those 2 workers from the tow truck parked around there did not do any attempt to come or to ask me if I had an emergency. Any way I will send my complain in writting with the 8 Dlls check to pay the toll and I hope to explain with enough evidence that is not my fault that the NY-NJ Authorites have no Chas recept lanes on the lower level and no way to pay in cash at that point of the bridge. By the way complaining in writting with a copy to any other (2 or 3) authorities will help to make aware what is our complain about. You wish me good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey