Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2012, 09:20 AM

115 posts, read 381,456 times

Advertisements

India actually has the world's third largest population of Muslims after Indonesia & Pakistan. Why not try Edison? I know there are many Indian Hindus there, but I also spotted many Halal beef food places along Oak Tree Lane, and know they are not run by Hindus.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2013, 11:38 AM

9 posts, read 21,560 times
I am a New Yorker, Brooklynite to be exact looking to get in on the NJ suburban action now that we have 3 kids under 7. We are considering Fair Lawn so our kids can attend Al Hikmah Elementary School near Paterson and then when they are older go to Al Ghazaly HS in Teaneck!

I have no idea if this is unreasonable commute for the kids. Would a bus pick them up? My husband and I work in downtown NYC so to drive the kids to school would be added stress to the morning commute and how would we pick them up in the afternoon? Yikes!

If not can you suggest another town that would work? We need a town with some old character, no mac mansions! Thanks for your help in advance.

Old 07-17-2013, 12:24 PM

3,984 posts, read 7,074,069 times
You might look at the nicer parts of Clifton off
of Grove St. You'd be close to all the action on Main St. and I'm pretty sure Clifton has a decent sized muslim community as well.

Old 07-19-2013, 06:48 AM

9 posts, read 21,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EBWick View Post
You might look at the nicer parts of Clifton off
of Grove St. You'd be close to all the action on Main St. and I'm pretty sure Clifton has a decent sized muslim community as well.
Thanks I'll check it out.

Old 07-19-2013, 07:20 AM

131 posts, read 274,020 times
I see that there are 11 mosques in Jersey City and that is closer to downtown NYC than some of the other cities mentioned. But I have no knowledge of the muslim population and if there are good schools for children there.

IslamicValley - Search for Mosques in Jersey City, NJ

Old 07-19-2013, 07:25 AM

908 posts, read 1,554,822 times
I 2nd Clifton. It is near Paterson, which has several mosques, and LOTS of international shopping, halal shops, and other middle eastern shops. I'm originally from the area, and there is a very large Muslim population there. It's also cheaper than Jersey City, but the commute to NYC is longer. I'd contact the local mosques & schools to get more information. I hope you find what's best for you & yours.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey