U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2009, 12:07 PM

43 posts, read 154,426 times

Advertisements

I'm considering moving to Long Hill Township (Millington, Stirling, Gillette) & was wondering if anyone's kids attend the schools systems there. I have young children who will be entering kindergarten & 2nd grade this fall. Being Asian, I'm curious as to what the ethnic diversity make up is of the classrooms. I know the statistics say it's about 8% Asian, but I'm not quite sure what that would look like in a classroom. I really don't have time to visit the schools. I was hoping someone on this forum lives in that area to give me some feedback. Thanks
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2009, 05:32 PM

199 posts, read 497,611 times
I don't have any kids, but I live in Stirling and went to Long Hill Township schools through 8th grade (went to a private high school). The schools here are very good. Gillette school is K-1st grade, while Millington School is 2-5. There are quite a few Asians in Long Hill Township as Asians make up the biggest minority group, I believe. All three schools have recent additions. The education system here is great and there are very few, if any issues that I've heard of. Good luck!

Old 04-15-2009, 08:59 AM
L&E

3 posts, read 8,797 times
Is there a Jewish community in Long Hill? I know Chatham is very limited and we are looking at some houses in Meyersville.

Old 04-23-2009, 08:10 PM

2 posts, read 10,397 times
Long Hill Township is a very safe and prosperous town. I attended their schools from 1st grade through 8th grade back in the 80‘s. In my opinion, the students attending these schools are well mannered and respectful with regards to race. On the other hand, the school district personnel are very unscrupulous and uncaring when it comes to you and your child’s rights. They do not believe in parent consent and hide behind the laws of governmental immunity. Please visit my document sites at http://www.scribd.com/scottiesoup or http://www.docstoc.com/profile/scottiesoup .

Last edited by scottiesoup; 04-23-2009 at 08:31 PM..

Old 04-24-2009, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottiesoup View Post
Long Hill Township is a very safe and prosperous town. I attended their schools from 1st grade through 8th grade back in the 80‘s. In my opinion, the students attending these schools are well mannered and respectful with regards to race. On the other hand, the school district personnel are very unscrupulous and uncaring when it comes to you and your child’s rights. They do not believe in parent consent and hide behind the laws of governmental immunity. Please visit my document sites at Scott Campbell | Scribd or Scott Campbell - docstoc .
Thanks for your input. Can you expound on that issue re:school district personnel being uncaring? Has it effected your quality of education? Thanks

Old 04-26-2009, 12:43 PM

2 posts, read 10,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hope002
Thanks for your input. Can you expound on that issue re:school district personnel being uncaring? Has it effected your quality of education? Thanks
I am referring to is the school district personnel uncaring approach towards the laws that protect you and your child's rights. For instance, the right to privacy, the right for you to be prior informed your child submit to a physical examination or observation and the right for you to deny your child submit to a physical examination or observation. The Long Hill Township Schools District tends to ignore these rights you have, instead, they force your child to submit to such intrusive acts without your permission. Further more, they do not safeguard the private data they collect from these observations.

Take a closer look at my document site, specifically http://www.docstoc.com/docs/5348793 . There you will find a small example what this school district made me and other students submit to on an annual bases without our parents consent. I find these observations to be unsound and intrusive. They were also uncaring about safeguarding this private data.

None of these observations affected my academic performance.

Last edited by scottiesoup; 04-26-2009 at 01:49 PM..

Old 04-26-2009, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottiesoup View Post
I am referring to is the school district personnel uncaring approach towards the laws that protect you and your child's rights. For instance, the right to privacy, the right for you to be prior informed your child submit to a physical examination or observation and the right for you to deny your child submit to a physical examination or observation. The Long Hill Township Schools District tends to ignore these rights you have, instead, they force your child to submit to such intrusive acts without your permission. Further more, they do not safeguard the private data they collect from these observations.

Take a closer look at my document site, specifically Long Hill Township School Medical Examination Record for Scott E. Campbell . There you will find a small example what this school district made me and other students submit to on an annual bases without our parents consent. I find these observations to be unsound and intrusive. They were also uncaring about safeguarding this private data.

None of these observations affected my academic performance.
Can't the school district be sued for your invasion of privacy without consent? If my children were attending that school & they were ignoring their rights like that, I wouldn't stay quiet about it.

As far as the town itself, Long Hill township is still a really nice town. I like the quietness of it. How is the crime level? Are there any areas to watch out for or stay away from? My brother's family lives there so I visit that town quite often.

Old 04-27-2009, 10:53 AM

518 posts, read 1,680,955 times
Has a nice little lake (Stirling Lake). Great for younger kids since its got a great sandy beach and a descent size area that is shallow. Offers swimming lessons also. You must buy a seasonal pass of you may be able to visit for the day for a small fee.

Old 04-27-2009, 04:33 PM

199 posts, read 497,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hope002 View Post
Can't the school district be sued for your invasion of privacy without consent? If my children were attending that school & they were ignoring their rights like that, I wouldn't stay quiet about it.

As far as the town itself, Long Hill township is still a really nice town. I like the quietness of it. How is the crime level? Are there any areas to watch out for or stay away from? My brother's family lives there so I visit that town quite often.
There is absolutely zero crime. There are no areas that are better or worse than others crime-wise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: