Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2009, 03:24 AM

2,057 posts, read 5,490,725 times

Advertisements

people complain about taxes but continue to vote for democrats

it does not make sense
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2009, 11:01 AM

398 posts, read 1,331,491 times
I'm in CA and the retail taxes here are insane as well. I go to Jersey every year to visit friends, and I got to say at least the food and clothes are cheaper.I can buy something for 20.00$ in NJ/NY,and its just 20.00$. No extras!! In CA, The retail tax is about 9.25% in almost all major cities. The DMV fees have doubled. I guess for me being a renter and 28, I still got options to move around.. And seeing this state charge for everything, I'm looking to move East, because CA is just getting rediculous with these taxes. If i buy a jacket for 98.00$. The tax on it here is almost 11.00!!!! Pure insanity in CA as well.

Last edited by DjRey; 04-18-2009 at 11:10 AM..

Old 04-18-2009, 04:36 PM

5,340 posts, read 13,950,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC1DAY View Post
people complain about taxes but continue to vote for democrats

it does not make sense

Because our lives get so much better under Republicans too....

Old 04-18-2009, 04:41 PM

5,616 posts, read 15,517,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanu86 View Post
what bothered you about hillbillies?
the list is long, all I can say is its a generalization that its real not all hillbillies you have to read between the lines. Its just there is an ignorance, the women stay home attitude, basically primitive thinking, no goals but nacar and beer, no wanting to better yourself, dont read a paper,book or the news, crap all over , kill it and grill types but have no respect for the land, lawn tractors, I can go on and on and on and on. and the one biggest the only thing on their mind is beer and ti%s. Just no activity, crash test dummies.

Old 04-18-2009, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diane Giam View Post
Oh you think. Well Keith Urban , Nicole Kitman, Faith Hill,Tim Mcgraw and others of that calibur live in Lepers Falk which is about 20 miles from me. It is the Country there, Big Farms(Estates) I guess they must be Hillbillys, Rich ones, lol.
Seriously, 20 miles either way, one way is to a downtown area, another is to country, where they have built upscale homes, Kix Brooks has a winery there.
You have to realize that the Williamson County/Davidson county is probably the fastest growing area in TN. Our Governor(who is from Boston) has intriged major businesses to move here, Nissan from Calif, Cattapillar Financial, and many Medical related businesses Yes, we have many transplants here with all these companies moving here. There is not a day I don't rum into someone from NY, Conn or NJ. We even have a large British population. They know they can live here and have everything they had there and cost less. My house would be over a Mil in NJ, and I paid in the $400S. It was less that a smaller house I sold, and much less taxes.
Btw, No rebel flags in this area. Those you will find in Western TN, AND I live in Middle TN. Memphis is another story, we call that the armpit of the state.
I've been there once, was enough. Its a good 4 1/2 hours from me.
NC and SC have some very rural areas as we do, but you really have to drive to get to ours, and the funny part is that builders are building some nice houses out there also. I've seen some trailer parks in city areas , but you will find that aywhere. Hey there is one right off Rt 9 in Marlboro,NJ right in back of a cruise agency, lol.
Leipers Fork Merchant & Friends Leipers Fork Real Estate - Homes, Farms, Ranches & Land

Diane G

Diane I like you, respect you and think your funny and I am so glad you love where you live. However maybe not in your little immediate area there is not a trailer park with coors light losers living in them, but TN has alot of them . I believe now dont get mad, but your sugar coating it. Come on, be honest there is some hillbillies. And I hate county music.

Old 04-18-2009, 05:11 PM

Diane I am just pulling your leg, hey I was never there so I cant say , but I am sure I can find one hillbillie there!!! I find them right in my backyard too. I just cant win. I am telling you next stop is out of the hillbillies. Its a trade off, I have a great house, a great view and lovely property but there is always one stitch in the side. I just can win. Maybe I would be the biggest hillbillie if I moved to Leipers Fork!!

Life is a trade off, when you finally get everything you want, your too damn old to enjoy it. At least you got everything you wanted now!!!! I need to get away from the hillbillies that I live with. I just want someone who damn reads a book and can hold a conversation about interesting things. BUT PLEASE REMEMBER THE HILLBILLIES KEEP THE TAXES LOW!

Old 04-18-2009, 07:58 PM

300 posts, read 913,771 times
what people can do is go to township meetings and raise voice about cutting
down services, get rid of cops and cut down teachers

if you dont do this , dont simply whine about democrats, final outcome will be same whether it is republican or democrat, high taxes in NJ

only way to change this is to bring change from town level, that is where most of expenses are consumed

go to town meeting and tell mayor why you need a cop for every 500 resident
or a teacher for every 12 pupil

tell them instead of increasing property tax why dont you cut down services

Old 04-18-2009, 09:01 PM

2,865 posts, read 9,365,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevemorse View Post
Diane I like you, respect you and think your funny and I am so glad you love where you live. However maybe not in your little immediate area there is not a trailer park with coors light losers living in them, but TN has alot of them . I believe now dont get mad, but your sugar coating it. Come on, be honest there is some hillbillies. And I hate county music.
I haven't seen them and I travel all over. I did find a town (Ethridge) with old order Amish, but Amish have never been called Hillbillys.
I'm telling you West TN, and that is not near me, hours.
I hated Country music growing up because that is all my dad listened to, but now I love it.
Besides Nashville has all kinds of music, not just country-even the weird stuff my son listens to. His bands come here.
Why do you think its called Music City?

Diane G

Old 04-18-2009, 09:21 PM

2,865 posts, read 9,365,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevemorse View Post
Diane I am just pulling your leg, hey I was never there so I cant say , but I am sure I can find one hillbillie there!!! I find them right in my backyard too. I just cant win. I am telling you next stop is out of the hillbillies. Its a trade off, I have a great house, a great view and lovely property but there is always one stitch in the side. I just can win. Maybe I would be the biggest hillbillie if I moved to Leipers Fork!!

Life is a trade off, when you finally get everything you want, your too damn old to enjoy it. At least you got everything you wanted now!!!! I need to get away from the hillbillies that I live with. I just want someone who damn reads a book and can hold a conversation about interesting things. BUT PLEASE REMEMBER THE HILLBILLIES KEEP THE TAXES LOW!
Sure you will, but you have to drive more than 30 miles. You can find Mexicans in certain areas of town though. We need someone to cut the lawn, and lay all he bricks to build homes. They are great at intricate stonework, probably in the way my grandfather was who was Italian.
We have a part of town, near the airport that we call Mexico City, TN lol
The books I read probably would not interest you, I love history, or historical fiction.
I belong to a club here called Nashville New Neighbors. Our Monthly Luncheon is at the Brentwood Country Club-http://www.bcctn.org/
We have every activity you can imagine, and our members are from many different states, and some from out of the country, England and Canada having the most. Here is our April Calendar, notice book club is on it---
http://www.newneighborsnashville.com/resources/April+2009+Calendar.pdf (broken link)

Diane G

Old 04-19-2009, 06:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diane Giam View Post
Sure you will, but you have to drive more than 30 miles. You can find Mexicans in certain areas of town though. We need someone to cut the lawn, and lay all he bricks to build homes. They are great at intricate stonework, probably in the way my grandfather was who was Italian.
We have a part of town, near the airport that we call Mexico City, TN lol
The books I read probably would not interest you, I love history, or historical fiction.
I belong to a club here called Nashville New Neighbors. Our Monthly Luncheon is at the Brentwood Country Club-http://www.bcctn.org/
We have every activity you can imagine, and our members are from many different states, and some from out of the country, England and Canada having the most. Here is our April Calendar, notice book club is on it---
http://www.newneighborsnashville.com/resources/April+2009+Calendar.pdf (broken link)

Diane G
History I love, I just finished the 5 year leap that Glenn Beck talks about. I love history!!

Diane you have a nice, sweet disposition about you. I may just take a nice ride down 81 and cut into TN and come visit you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey