Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 04:44 PM

1,106 posts, read 4,898,592 times

Advertisements

I agree with previous posters. Ebay is good for items that are easily shipped. I find that the auction model tends to bring in the most money.

However for larger items that can't be shipped, car seats, furniture, etc. I've been successful. It can take some patience. I've found that sometimes I will get nothing and then 3 weeks later I'll get a response.

As far as safety, I prefer to meet people in a busy parking lot with a friend along for the ride (of course this doesn't work for large pieces of furniture). Some times a little caution can't hurt. I know if someone really wants to find me they will.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2009, 06:04 PM

1,452 posts, read 3,171,345 times
A free piano??? Ok NOW I'm jealous! lol..What kind, an upright? And I've sold a few things no problem at all and even posted an ad in the peronals to go to a Mets game with someone, looks like I'm going to get my wish next week! lol

Old 04-22-2009, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lets_hope_for_newbruns View Post
"I find that Ebay is a safer model."
Craigslist can be too as it allows you to ship provided the buyer leaves his postal address with you.
if you are saying there is a higher risk of bumping in to wackos in CL. Then that part I agree dumbo.

Your original post mixed the murder circumstances with your personal likings /dislikings of the sex industry in a subtle way , dummy.
No name calling! It's for dummies! lol

Old 04-22-2009, 06:13 PM

49 posts, read 108,831 times
I've sold a bike on craigslist and didn't have problems with the buyer. What bothers me are all the people who make an appointment to see the item and then don't show up. Maybe I'm old fashioned but it seems that courtesy and common sense are rare these days.

Old 04-22-2009, 06:25 PM

BTW EEPNJ, if your friend went to see a car and got robbed/mugged, then he/she wasn't going about it the right way...I would never meet in anything but daylight, in public, and possibly in the lot of my town police station! lol AND I would never go alone..I wonder what the circumstances were when your friend got robbed....I would demand phone numbers, addresses, pictures of the car and the person's driver license, registration, title, ec.

Old 04-22-2009, 06:46 PM

668 posts, read 2,187,122 times
I am a satisfied customer with Ebay... Craiglist never got any of my business because of too much I have heard, and lets face facts, if they get a bad rep, then thats harder to break than a good one.

May the LORD Bless each of you.

I wish you well...

Jesse
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey