Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2009, 09:45 PM

2,510 posts, read 3,975,949 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaljaybird View Post
The anti-gun people come out in droves. Based on their premise, we should outlaw cars, because bad cars kill people according to them.
Bad cars ??? Could you give a brief description of a "bad car" so I'll be able to identify one when I see it and avoid it ???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2010, 02:10 PM

9,884 posts, read 10,972,072 times
I can't help but notice that these kinds of things happen most often in states like NJ which have very restrictive laws regarding armed citizens.
I wonder why?
Such home invasions are VERY rare out here in the "Wild West".
Could it be due to the fact that many homes have guns?
According to some folks, absolutely not, that has nothing to do with it!
Yeah, right!
Do I have guns in my house? Are they loaded? If I am out in the woods, will I have a pistol in my pocket?
Those questions are answered on a strict "need to know" basis. I'm very sorry, but YOU have not demonstrated any "need to know" at all. Do I lock my doors? You are welcome to try them and see.
This is Montana. Open carry is legal. Outside the city limits, no concealed carry permit is needed.
Send us a few of your NJ street hoods. If they act repectful, they will get along fine. Lots of people from the East have come out here and settled in quite well. (I came from PA) If they do something stupidly illegal, we'll send them back to you in a pine box!
Paranoid? Not at all. Simply realistic, that's all!

Old 05-09-2010, 08:35 PM

12,380 posts, read 26,848,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
I can't help but notice that these kinds of things happen most often in states like NJ which have very restrictive laws regarding armed citizens.
I wonder why?
Such home invasions are VERY rare out here in the "Wild West".
Could it be due to the fact that many homes have guns?
According to some folks, absolutely not, that has nothing to do with it!
Yeah, right!
Do I have guns in my house? Are they loaded? If I am out in the woods, will I have a pistol in my pocket?
Those questions are answered on a strict "need to know" basis. I'm very sorry, but YOU have not demonstrated any "need to know" at all. Do I lock my doors? You are welcome to try them and see.
This is Montana. Open carry is legal. Outside the city limits, no concealed carry permit is needed.
Send us a few of your NJ street hoods. If they act repectful, they will get along fine. Lots of people from the East have come out here and settled in quite well. (I came from PA) If they do something stupidly illegal, we'll send them back to you in a pine box!
Paranoid? Not at all. Simply realistic, that's all!
Here in NJ its because the state is so dense Hench why most other states that have are our neighbors, same with fireworks.....i don't think people care that much. Maybe Transplants , crime is going down across much off the region anyway or stabilizing. why did you bump a 1 year old thread?

Old 05-11-2010, 02:45 PM

201 posts, read 619,402 times
He did so cause in Cypress Hill's immortal words "You got to check yourself before you wreck yourself"

Old 05-12-2010, 04:07 AM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,385,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobRiguez View Post

Id rather be in jail for killing someone who is trying to harm my family than live with the fact that they were harmed because of NJs idiodic gun laws.
Could you please explain? It is my understanding that every NJ citizen, who has no criminal record and is of sound mind can get a permit to purchase a hand gun for in home protection. It is also my understanding that you can even purchase one gun per month if you so desire.Do you mean that idiots are not allowed to purchase guns?

Old 05-12-2010, 04:59 PM

1,977 posts, read 7,754,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
Could you please explain? It is my understanding that every NJ citizen, who has no criminal record and is of sound mind can get a permit to purchase a hand gun for in home protection. It is also my understanding that you can even purchase one gun per month if you so desire.Do you mean that idiots are not allowed to purchase guns?
Woah, this is old.....

I was not talking about Owning a gun, I was referring to Using a gun.

NJ has very a restrictive castle doctrine. As a mentally stabile upstanding citizen, you cannot use deadly force against ANYONE unless you reasonably fear for your own life or the life of someone else. If there is any possibility that retreating or giving up an item would remove that threat, you must first do so or you (the upstanding mentally stabile citizen) is breaking the law.

Even tho I know the rules, if someone comes into my house with a weapon and does not surrender or leave on their own the moment I make my presence and intentions known, I will shoot to kill first and deal with any consequenses after the fact. I will not take a chance with my family's safety.

Last edited by RobRiguez; 05-12-2010 at 05:09 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey