Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 08:13 PM

1,057 posts, read 1,919,316 times

Advertisements

He's putting his money where his mouth is (literally). Sounds good to me.

Go Rush!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2009, 09:15 PM

786 posts, read 2,664,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
rush limbaugh is an american hero
In what reality is that fat blowhard in any way shape or form, a "hero"?

Old 04-22-2009, 11:06 PM

1,093 posts, read 3,424,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalim2008 View Post
Exactly, he's only a hero to the person in the mirror....OMG

Old 04-22-2009, 11:11 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
nope not that --- perscription drugs are really hard on refills there.

Old 04-23-2009, 02:26 AM

2 posts, read 2,601 times
Default Rush Limbaugh leaves NY? Best news since Bush left DC!

The only thing Limbaugh is good for is separating the US with hateful speech and slanted facts. If he wanted smaller government he should have tried to get it when Bush was in power with all the Republicans running the show!
The Republican congress was in power for many more years than the Democrats so don't make it seem like it's all the Dems fault.

We got unnecessary big spending and lots more Uncle Sam under Bush's watch, and Limbaugh did nothing to try to stop it. Limbaugh does have "power" but he wields it for naught! Hate is not productive.

I am a true conservative, less government, less spending, more privacy! But overseeing our banks and large institutions keeps the cheaters from thriving!
Let's remember that the Bush Administration tried reinventing education with a failed federal program called "No Child Left Behind," and created the largest federal program with regards to health-care with a prescription drug plan that has not been successful AND spent billions of our dollars killing our soldiers and 100,000 others on a war that is a total fiasco. That mess has cost us spiritually as well as financially.

Bush removed over 500 FBI agents used for overseeing the Federal Banking system and put them on National Security watch, but never replaced them and then guess what happened to the banks?

Limbaugh, like all his supporters, should not throw stones just yet!

I, on the other hand, want this country to succeed, unlike Limbaugh, and I could care less if it is a Republican or Democrat at the helm.

I applaud all who have served, but when a man has hurt this nation more than helped it, he and his kind need to GO!

List Bush's successes. Here in the US. What got better under Bush?

I wish Limbaugh was leaving NY like Bush left Washington because he was out of a job!
Forget the antics and let's get down to the facts.
Be honest about what the Bush Administration did to this country. We need a new hero, as unlikely as it seems, if he were honest instead of partisan, it could be Mr. Limbaugh!

Old 04-23-2009, 07:59 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,705,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalim2008 View Post
in my reality he is a hero because he stands up for conservative values. small government, low taxes, individual freedom, gun ownership, right to life, etc. im sure obama has plans to round up all conservatives and kill them (with his civil defense force (gestapo) that will be as well funded as the military) but people like rush help protect us real americans.

Old 04-23-2009, 08:03 AM

512 posts, read 1,755,252 times
The point here is that Paterson is taxing unfairly. People are leaving NY as a result. Be they liberal or conservative, when you are penalized for creating wealth, you can only take so much before you tell the government bye-bye.

Old 04-23-2009, 08:04 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,705,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metaljaybird View Post
The point here is that Paterson is taxing unfairly. People are leaving NY as a result. Be they liberal or conservative, when you are penalized for creating wealth, you can only take so much before you tell the government bye-bye.
do people realize how much of the city's tax revenue is dependent on these rich people that they are trying to suck dry? in nyc you lose enough of the rich people, the place will be turned to crap in no time.

Old 04-23-2009, 08:07 AM

505 posts, read 1,762,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metaljaybird View Post
Presicely, instead of looking it as simply "Rush is leaving" instead try looking at it as "a wealthy New York citizen is leaving."

Rush Limbaugh is one man and of little concern to the tax base of NYC.

However, if his move is a harbinger of things to come as a member of the upper class, I think most if not all of you would bite your tongues as to wishing him/them farewell.

Old 04-23-2009, 08:11 AM

512 posts, read 1,755,252 times
I love how everyone targets the rich. I would like to challenge them to name one employer that hired them that was poor. You just don't get poor people to hire you for work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey