Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2009, 05:39 PM

3,223 posts, read 9,626,348 times

Advertisements

YouTube - ALERT: SWINE FLU FASCISM - IF YOUR KID AIN'T VACCINATED - THEY'RE KICKED OUT OF SCHOOL!

I didn't post the above video to youtube, it just happends to be posted by a terrorist or what ever u want to call them.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/04/ny...lunj.html?_r=1
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2009, 05:57 PM

3,269 posts, read 9,931,627 times
This is not new. It was mandated last year for last year's flu season. And it's the regular flu shot not the h1n1 shot (so far).

Old 09-29-2009, 08:59 PM

32,915 posts, read 36,310,068 times
Is it required every year now, or does the state decide year by year? If this is the second year in which NJ has made a flu shot mandatory for school children, does that mean it will be, is required for school attendance indefinitely, forever?

Old 09-29-2009, 09:44 PM

2,734 posts, read 4,148,306 times
Vaccinations are needed every year because the particular strain of flu that might develop is different each year.

Flu is a very serious disease. Many people do not take it seriously enough. It can develop into pneumonia. Flu is responsible for the deaths of thousands throughout the world each year.

Children and the elderly are especially susceptible to the ravages of the flu. Even though I do not fall into either of those categories, I'm one of those people who easily catches flu from other people. Therefore, I take my flu shot every year.

This is vital. Get your shot! Have all your family members get shots! And if you have the chance, get the "swine" flu shots, also!

Old 09-29-2009, 10:18 PM

3,223 posts, read 9,626,348 times
No it's the h1n1 and it's required, otherwise the children can't attend school. It's for children from 6-months old up to pre-K I think. Required is the key word, otherwise they can't attend. The government is probably testing reaction of parents to see if enough would allow it. Ideally all school age children will take them. In NC, children are being quarantined, I don't think it's necessary.

Why is a big pandemic being predicted for such a typical flu? I wouldn't trust these new vaccines, kids are getting sick, one girl died.

Old 09-29-2009, 10:27 PM

2,734 posts, read 4,148,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanu86 View Post
No it's the h1n1 and it's required, otherwise the children can't attend school. It's for children from 6-months old up to pre-K I think. Required is the key word, otherwise they can't attend. The government is probably testing reaction of parents to see if enough would allow it. Ideally all school age children will take them. In NC, children are being quarantined, I don't think it's necessary.

Why is a big pandemic being predicted for such a typical flu? I wouldn't trust these new vaccines, kids are getting sick, one girl died.
Don't the schools still require other vaccations also, like measles, polio, etc.? I know they did when I went to school. I don't see anything wrong with it.

Old 09-29-2009, 10:40 PM

2,865 posts, read 9,363,536 times
It doesn't sound like a bad thing to me. Some parents send their kids sick to school, and that's everywhere.

Diane G

Old 09-29-2009, 10:48 PM

1,057 posts, read 1,917,443 times
Never had the flu, never had a shot, never gonna change unless I have a reason.

Old 09-30-2009, 04:46 AM

3,269 posts, read 9,931,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanu86 View Post

It is NOT the HINI. Please show me where it says that it is.

Old 09-30-2009, 05:35 AM

238 posts, read 728,855 times
I don't think people have any problems with vaccines per se. However, it is the excessive amount of shots that a child or a person receives throughout their lifetime that is really getting out of hand. Case in point, the FDA has recommended the approval of Gardasil for males between the ages 9 to 26 to prevent genital warts. Another example is the Hepatitis B given to newborns. If you believe that this particular vaccine is necessary then I have a bridge that I would love to sell to you. Of course, just as any other vaccine it starts as a recommendation and progressively ends up as a mandatory innoculation. I have received five shots in my life time. My health or the health of people my age in my country, are nowhere near as fragile as the average American or todays youth anywhere in the world. Children nowadays receive up to 35 shots in their immunization schedule by the time theyr reach age four or five. That is crazy. How about gearing towards teaching people a better diet to strengthen their immune system? That, for one, would help tremendously. But I guess pharmaceuticals companies won't see any profits or will go out of business.

P.S. I forgot to mention, people should fight off these mandatory vaccine for more than one reason. Not to mention, these vaccines like the H1N1 and Influenza have thimerosal and have not been properly tested.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: