Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2009, 04:04 PM

1,014 posts, read 2,888,340 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan View Post
Please don't feel you need to explain yourself to "Mr. DailyJournalist" and a few others on here. Our Journalist friend (actually not a journalist) lived in Florida for awhile and couldn't make it. Actually we don't know what he does as he refuses to fill out his profile or supply a picture. He returned to live in Collingswood......a blue collar town at best neighboring Camden, one of the most run down, crime ridden, dangerous, ghetto cities on the east coast but has the imagination to think hes found paradice on earth. My youngest daughter moved to Ocala last year and I visit frequently with plans to move to Florida myself to be closer to them. Most that complain on here about those moving to Florida are bitter people that would be unhappy no matter where they lived. Then there are those that live here only because they don't have the know how to support themselves without the jobs they could never leave behind here. Many are jealous and wish they could leave but can't so they bash those that speak negatively about New Jersey only wishing they could find a way to get out of this tax ridden state. All the while they find ways and excuses to justify why they continue to live in the most heavily taxed state in the US even though they continue to post threads on here complaining about the high cost of living and insane taxes. The very thought of someone being able to leave this drain your wallet state behind while they are left here too to continue paying through the nose frustrates them into bashing those who do leave.......they rationalize to themselves that they are paying this heavy tax burden because they are in a "metro" area that offers culture.........Philly being the metro area and the aging, run down, fire hazard theaters in center city being the "culture"........what a laugh. New Jersey is sinking in debt and tax burden and even a smart rat knows when to leave a sinking ship.....what does that say for those that climb aboard a sinking ship and think they've found paradice ?? Perhaps we'll meet someday in Ocala at the Braziliar Steakhouse, Ipanema, or Harrys in the downtown historic section of town while these fools are still shoveling the snow from their driveways to get to the metro "culture" or working a second job to pay their skyrockting property taxes, state tax and state income taxes.....or maybe just be able to save up enough to be able to pay the fee to sit on the beach at the Jersey shore.
The bolded parts show that you just don't understand what it is that is so different about living here (or, at least a place like here) versus most of america. I don't know anything about ocala, but good luck.

Old 04-28-2009, 04:47 PM

1,288 posts, read 2,893,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gradstudent77 View Post
The materialism is what makes me ill. In my opinion,, you are making a well-thought out move and I wish you luck.
Thank you.

In our case, it's not materialism, but wanting to have more than we've had for so many years -- and being able to afford it in another part of the country the way we would never be able to have it here in NJ. TO be able to give our parrots a room of their own rather than having them in the same room as the computer (which isn't good for the computer -- not with the feather dust our types of parrots produce). To be able to have friends stay over and sleep in a guest room -- instead of on the couch. To be able to have the kind of garden we've only been able to dream about up until now.

Old 04-28-2009, 04:55 PM

2,510 posts, read 3,976,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gradstudent77 View Post
The bolded parts show that you just don't understand what it is that is so different about living here (or, at least a place like here) versus most of america. I don't know anything about ocala, but good luck.
Sure do......its the strangeling tax burden thats so different from all other 50 states......your relatively young......wait awhile till you get tired of carrying that burden that grows heavier every day with the additional taxes they keep heaping on......your among the next group of suckers to have their wallets emptied by the ever scheming politicians in this state.....unless as a group you all stand up and say NO MORE !!! Eventually you'll see the light too !!!

Old 04-28-2009, 07:33 PM

5,969 posts, read 9,561,897 times
Quote:
Please don't feel you need to explain yourself to "Mr. DailyJournalist" and a few others on here. Our Journalist friend (actually not a journalist) lived in Florida for awhile and couldn't make it. Actually we don't know what he does as he refuses to fill out his profile or supply a picture. He returned to live in Collingswood......a blue collar town at best neighboring Camden, one of the most run down, crime ridden, dangerous, ghetto cities on the east coast but has the imagination to think hes found paradice on earth. My youngest daughter moved to Ocala last year and I visit frequently with plans to move to Florida myself to be closer to them. Most that complain on here about those moving to Florida are bitter people that would be unhappy no matter where they lived. Then there are those that live here only because they don't have the know how to support themselves without the jobs they could never leave behind here. Many are jealous and wish they could leave but can't so they bash those that speak negatively about New Jersey only wishing they could find a way to get out of this tax ridden state. All the while they find ways and excuses to justify why they continue to live in the most heavily taxed state in the US even though they continue to post threads on here complaining about the high cost of living and insane taxes. The very thought of someone being able to leave this drain your wallet state behind while they are left here too to continue paying through the nose frustrates them into bashing those who do leave.......they rationalize to themselves that they are paying this heavy tax burden because they are in a "metro" area that offers culture.........Philly being the metro area and the aging, run down, fire hazard theaters in center city being the "culture"........what a laugh. New Jersey is sinking in debt and tax burden and even a smart rat knows when to leave a sinking ship.....what does that say for those that climb aboard a sinking ship and think they've found paradice ?? Perhaps we'll meet someday in Ocala at the Braziliar Steakhouse, Ipanema, or Harrys in the downtown historic section of town while these fools are still shoveling the snow from their driveways to get to the metro "culture" or working a second job to pay their skyrockting property taxes, state tax and state income taxes.....or maybe just be able to save up enough to be able to pay the fee to sit on the beach at the Jersey shore.
Here you go again with your lies. You are officially considered a stalker.If Collingswood is such a ghetto then why is there far less crime in Collingswood than there is in Ocala. Ocala wishes it had a downtown like Collingswood. And I will be happy to shovel snow instead of scooping out water out of a flooded Ocala home.

BTW, you pushed your daughter to Ocala. Do you really want her to move again. She got away from you once.

You are very lonely. I hope someone can help you.

Old 04-28-2009, 08:18 PM

2,510 posts, read 3,976,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DailyJournalist View Post
Here you go again with your lies. You are officially considered a stalker.If Collingswood is such a ghetto then why is there far less crime in Collingswood than there is in Ocala. Ocala wishes it had a downtown like Collingswood. And I will be happy to shovel snow instead of scooping out water out of a flooded Ocala home.
Hard to do when they have no basements ?

BTW, you pushed your daughter to Ocala. Do you really want her to move again. She got away from you once.

You are very lonely. I hope someone can help you.
So......aside from being head stock boy at WalMart your a therapist too ???

Old 04-29-2009, 03:40 AM

1,288 posts, read 2,893,094 times
Quote:
Please don't feel you need to explain yourself to "Mr. DailyJournalist" and a few others on here.
Believe me, I don't think I need to explain myself. But when people try to make me look like an idiot for the choices I've made and am are about to make, I won't let that stand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey