Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2009, 11:20 PM

5,340 posts, read 13,929,479 times

Advertisements

Dude....the conspiracy theories here are making my head spin.

TRUTH be told.... it's not like we should run and scream at this point. Not by far. BUT to act like it's a complete joke is just fooling yourself too. So keep an eye out - as someone mentioned keep an eye on the CDC or the WHO's sites... this has the potential to be something very bad, or it has the potential to move on. Let's hope it is the later ....

NJkate, I'd switch plans personally. Here's my thoughts. The strain in Mexico, at least for now, seems to be stronger. Second, incubation is 24-48 hours. Theoretically, if infected early in your trip, you will need to seek medical attention in MEXICO not the US. I just don't know that I'd want to leave my health up to Cabo General Hospital at a time like this (or any other...I've been to Cabo and I LOVED IT, but I don't think I'd seek medical treatment there. Just my 2 cents.

Last edited by EEEPNJ; 04-27-2009 at 11:50 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2009, 08:06 AM

13,382 posts, read 28,648,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH1970 View Post
Out of all the people who traveled in and out of Mexico over the past few days, all of the people who are there now, the ratio of sick to healthy weighs pretty heavily in favor of the healthy.

Personally I'd go.
My husband and I are going based on that logic
Now my DIL is freaked so her and my son won't what is burning me up right now is I can only cancel them where I booked in order for the travel insurance to be valid..I have been on hold since 7:15AM and it's now 10:06
Unbelievable

Old 04-28-2009, 08:15 AM

5,273 posts, read 7,336,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
My husband and I are going based on that logic
Now my DIL is freaked so her and my son won't what is burning me up right now is I can only cancel them where I booked in order for the travel insurance to be valid..I have been on hold since 7:15AM and it's now 10:06
Unbelievable
omg! Kate!!!!!!3 hr. hold???? wth!!!

I hear Princess Cruise lines is not doing anything about refunding anyone for their cruiseline...Marriott Hotels are suppposedly refunding people's reservations in Mexico..........

I went once to Mexico!!!!!!!!about 10 years ago. Got sick there *on a good day* and will NEVER go back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I ate the ice cubes!!

Old 04-28-2009, 08:24 AM

13,382 posts, read 28,648,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
omg! Kate!!!!!!3 hr. hold???? wth!!!:shocked:

I hear Princess Cruise lines is not doing anything about refunding anyone for their cruiseline...Marriott Hotels are suppposedly refunding people's reservations in Mexico..........

I went once to Mexico!!!!!!!!about 10 years ago. Got sick there *on a good day* and will NEVER go back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I ate the ice cubes!!

Yup I keep getting a recording how my call is important to them and one their agants will be with me shortly GRRRRRRRRR I'm sure they are flooded but you would think they would have all hands on deck for the next few days

Old 04-28-2009, 08:30 AM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,555 posts, read 10,367,997 times
Experts Say Panic Over Swine Flu Is Premature - Forbes.com (http://www.forbes.com/feeds/hscout/2009/04/28/hscout626500.html - broken link)

Old 04-28-2009, 09:34 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,558,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angerinthenation View Post
It wouldn't surprise me if this is another ploy brought about by the government to do something about the border between Mexico and America. The whole drug war scare tactics los zetas gang thing didn't work. Now it's the pig flu
the fact that there arent guys with guns on the border with orders to shoot i think is criminal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey