Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2014, 10:26 AM

6 posts, read 10,949 times

Advertisements

we are mostly favoring monroe communities,any one can give me pros and cons of these communities.
Stratford,monroe chase,orchards.which one you would recommend is best option based on commute,price,facilities available
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2014, 07:08 AM

38 posts, read 62,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newbuyerrs1707 View Post
my purchase was @ $649,900 for the woods model and they gave $15K credit that I can use for upgrades with their vendors and they pay the vendors directly..

My friend closed a gold model 10 months before and when I look at that they have added in a lot of upgrades and increased the price...I estimated the upgrade close to $30K...from that perspective I wouldnt say the price is too high...For eg, they are now giving hard wood floors in living and dinning, granite counter tops in both kitchen and all bathrooms, granite mantel for the fire place, corner property markers, automated garage openers, anderson windows and screens...

so $30K upgrade + another $15K for upgrade that he is giving that we can use for upgrades...so the house will have a $45K upgrade given by the builder and overall price quoted at $649K looks ok for me for a 2900 Sq ft house in Monroe in today's market..
seems like $15k incentive is low compared to them raising price by $10k within a week after current phase was released.

Old 01-19-2015, 11:56 AM

38 posts, read 62,973 times
New lots are opened and price up by $15k

Old 01-29-2015, 08:42 AM

2 posts, read 3,765 times
I don't think they are able to sell any

Old 03-22-2015, 08:16 PM

4 posts, read 5,303 times
Default Easement on Property Back Fence(grass area) in Stratford.

There is a Storm Drain easement on the property I recently booked - Not constructed yet.(Location: Back fence line - Grass area)

Is the township responsible for maintaining the easement ? What are the home owners responsibilities ?

Is there any water related issues during rain/snow by having an easement on the property ?

Does it create a water puddle near the easement ?

Does it affect the property resale price ?

Thanks for your help.

Old 03-23-2015, 08:34 PM

289 posts, read 607,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamNJ View Post
There is a Storm Drain easement on the property I recently booked - Not constructed yet.(Location: Back fence line - Grass area)

Is the township responsible for maintaining the easement ? What are the home owners responsibilities ?

Is there any water related issues during rain/snow by having an easement on the property ?

Does it create a water puddle near the easement ?

Does it affect the property resale price ?

Thanks for your help.
(I am not an expert on the subject, the information I present below are based on my research when I was buying my home. I could be wrong.)

All the rainwater from the roads in a development goes to a detention basin. The builders run storm drain pipes along the roads and the back of property to carry water to the detention basin. These are usually 2 feet wide pipes that are buries about 4 to 6 feet down.

It is the responsibility of the home owner to maintain the easement above the storm drain (mainly cut the grass). For most part these drains are harmless, especially for a new construction. There is a chance that the drain pipe might get damaged and water might pool in the area, but the chances of this happening are very low. If this happens in the first few years, the developer should fix it, if it happens after the developer had handed over the property to the township, then the town should fix it.

One consequence of the easement is that you will not be allowed to put a fence or any other structure (like a shed) above the easement. If you plan to install a fence, you will have to do it inside your backyard, at the place the easement ends.

Given a choice, I would avoid a property with the easement, but if I had no choice, I would not worry too much about it. My current home has a storm drain easement on one side. The house was built 15 yrs back (though I have owned it for only last 2 yrs), these have been no issues in the last 15 yrs.

Last edited by 4NJseasons; 03-23-2015 at 08:35 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 02-04-2017, 09:07 PM

5 posts, read 4,346 times
Has anyone recently moved to Stratford community? How is the whole experience? Is it still same as before like this thread mentioned? What is the price they are offering for Montgomery model?

Appreciate any information.

Thanks,

Old 05-08-2017, 11:43 AM

13 posts, read 14,320 times
Now they are selling for 710 to 755, what do you say now?

Old 05-08-2017, 01:11 PM

11,337 posts, read 16,691,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopu View Post
Now they are selling for 710 to 755, what do you say now?
Fools and their money.

I new housing bubble that just started and will burst.

Old 05-13-2017, 07:09 PM

1 posts, read 690 times
I currently live in Staten Island and was curious about the schools in Monroe? Also is it a predominantly Indian area?

Last edited by Nyguy629; 05-13-2017 at 07:10 PM.. Reason: Spelling
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey