Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2009, 09:00 PM

1,369 posts, read 4,638,966 times

Advertisements

Oh man!!!!!!!!!! Why on this earth does this topic come up time and time again when we have all voted NO a bazillion times! Sheesh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

Shanny
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2009, 09:07 PM

6,319 posts, read 10,345,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusIS250 View Post
North Jersey-anything above the Raritan (Driscoll) Bridge
Central Jersey-Anything below it to Beachwood
South Jersey- Lacey and below.

I grew up in Toms River and now live in North Jersey and absolutely hate how people up here call Toms River South Jersey. It is Central Jersey dammit!!
A lot of people would consider Lacey Central Jersey as well...

Old 05-04-2009, 09:55 PM

1,106 posts, read 4,898,592 times
Just curious because I'm not about to check it out, but on average, how many new posts are added on a daily basis? I have very limited view time but it only takes me about 5 minutes to check out what's new. Is it really that big of an issue?

I live in Toms River, work in Elizabeth, was raised in South Orange, went to school at Rutgers NB. I personally like it the way it is. OK that's my 2 cents. I can't seem to fall asleep tonight.

Old 05-05-2009, 05:43 AM

24 posts, read 76,139 times
Okay, here goes. I checked some websites concerning North and South Jersey. Many said, as have some here, that there's the NYC connection (North) and then the Philly connection (South) - this is based on what TV stations they get and what sports teams the majority follow.
Monmouth Univ. says that Bergen, Essex, Hudson, Morris, Passac, Sussex, Union and Warren are North; Hunterdon, Mercer, Middlesex, Monmouth and Somerset are Central and the remaining, Atlantic, Burlington, Camden, Cape May, Cumberland, Gloucester, Ocean and Salem are South.
Now, I live in South Jersey and I would have called the Central counties North. However, if we divide the forum into 2, which I feel would be enough, what is important is what they would consider themselves if they had to be considered North or South for this forum or when they post they could pick whichever they feel would get the most response. Any input from Central county residents?

Old 05-07-2009, 10:05 AM

792 posts, read 3,137,768 times
We could even do it this way.
1. No. NJ Jersey (aka NY metro)
2. sub-forum of #1 - Gold Coast (Edge-Wee-Hob-JC)***
3. Jersey (all rest minus 1&2)

Or something similar or along these lines.

***note - I am itching to sort out and cluster the yuppies into their own circle.

Old 05-07-2009, 10:12 AM

1,453 posts, read 4,930,490 times
Voting No. Just as before. No need for it.
People new to those areas can address their questions to people who live in those areas specifically.

Old 05-07-2009, 10:52 AM

1,482 posts, read 3,126,522 times
Skipping....

I don't know if this forum can do it, but there is a way to make it so that you can either select a general subforum, or a more specific one.

Example, you tag "New Jersey" and you do not get a sub forum with more sub forums off of it, yuo get ALL the posts from ALL the subforums in it with tags after their titles.

Example:

Hitting "New York" would give you no sub-forum selection (maybe just a filter tab) and every topic would be somethnig like:

Best Burger (Buffalo area)
Commuters SUCK! (New York City)
Rail Service (Albany Area)

Etc etc.

Here's an example:

Motherboards & Memory - Tom's Hardware Forums

Forgive the techie site. Look around and realize you can select a specific subforum from the main page or that page to filter out all the other posts, or you can read all of them.

SO if you want to deliberately post something for South Jersey, you can do it, but anyone who does not want to go through 7 subforums (6?) when they are interested in NY won't have to.....

Old 05-07-2009, 02:06 PM

122 posts, read 479,729 times
Agree, one forum for our state.

Old 05-07-2009, 04:59 PM

501 posts, read 1,429,749 times
>.> I'm neutral. I like the current set-up, although, we do have a lot of people. I see some people's posts end up not being answered and get moved into the second page.

*sighs* *grabs popcorn and watches, from afar, this on-going debate*

Old 05-08-2009, 09:37 AM

7,780 posts, read 21,880,174 times
wholeheartedly agree! We *need* a North and South forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by soon2sc View Post
Does anyone else feel there should be a North Jersey forum and a separate South Jersey forum? Many states have more than one forum. Frequently someone has questions about which areas would be good to move to, or some similar question, and obviously, those of us who live in South Jersey know nothing , with exceptions of course, about North Jersey areas and vice versa. Or someone will ask about businesses in the area and the same holds true. Just a suggestion and I'm somewhat surprised it isn't already the case.

I'd love to hear other opinions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey