Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2009, 03:46 PM

1,507 posts, read 5,907,214 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
ive been living on the mean streets of morganville most of my life. everytimes i try to escape another hurdle is thrown in front of me. my best friend got shanked the other day walking to the grocery store. he had 5 kids and now they have no daddy, just a heroin addicted mother. maybe i will get out one day, or die trying.
You had me laughing so hard that I almost fell off my royal chair!!

{{please stop, can't take it....need to breathe....}}
ohh the New Jersey Sense of Humor. Can't buy it or fake it. You either got it or you don't. You, my friend, Capt. GOT IT !!!

Old 05-12-2009, 04:37 PM

175 posts, read 464,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHomeHappy View Post

ohh the New Jersey Sense of Humor. Can't buy it or fake it. You either got it or you don't. You, my friend, Capt. GOT IT !!!
Have I been the victim of American sense of humour and I dont even know it!!!!!!! Oh boy......

Old 05-12-2009, 04:43 PM

Default You are very naughty hee hee

Quote:
ive been living on the mean streets of morganville most of my life. everytimes i try to escape another hurdle is thrown in front of me. my best friend got shanked the other day walking to the grocery store. he had 5 kids and now they have no daddy, just a heroin addicted mother. maybe i will get out one day, or die trying.

OHHHHHHHH YOU ARE SO NASTY HEE HEE.
I googled Morganville and its flipping rich! Houses cost a packet, its almost all white, not many other immigrants etc. Hmmmmmmmmmmm I can see I need to get sharp to keep up with NJ people......OK got it.

Lesson learned. Do my own research.

I must admit I am sitting at the breakfast table laughing my head off now. And to think you had me so concerned.....hmmm my friend, over here we would call you a ratbag (not very derogatory).

You got me

Old 05-12-2009, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHomeHappy View Post

You are a ratbag Capt. But I am killing myself laughing

Old 05-12-2009, 05:36 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,687,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffire View Post
OHHHHHHHH YOU ARE SO NASTY HEE HEE.
I googled Morganville and its flipping rich! Houses cost a packet, its almost all white, not many other immigrants etc. Hmmmmmmmmmmm I can see I need to get sharp to keep up with NJ people......OK got it.

Lesson learned. Do my own research.

I must admit I am sitting at the breakfast table laughing my head off now. And to think you had me so concerned.....hmmm my friend, over here we would call you a ratbag (not very derogatory).

You got me
yeah, sorry about that. i started feeling guilty because you sounded genuinely concerned. not guilty enough to stop with the silliness though.

Old 05-12-2009, 05:42 PM

Quote:
yeah, sorry about that. i started feeling guilty because you sounded genuinely concerned. not guilty enough to stop with the silliness though.

I was really concerned lol. I had visions of some poor guy living in a really bad place who couldnt escape.... you know, like TV lol.

OH but I have a good sense of humour. Well done!!! I nearly died when I saw the real stats, its like the highest income in the US nearly and houses cost a fortune........sorry to hear you are doing it so tough hee heee.

You made me smile (today).

Old 05-12-2009, 05:44 PM

Quote:

I am guessing you could give me some brilliant info now Captain naughty, to help me in this decision!!!! Nothing I have read (other than your terrible plight) has really put me off. NJ (north i think) sounds like a great place. I have tried to find some you tube videos but still searching for a decent one.

Come on - you owe me?????????

Old 05-12-2009, 06:00 PM

NJ - beaches. Are then any good ones to live near in "Gateway" or do you need to live in "Shore" . What are the two big differences between these regions?
Thanks

Old 05-12-2009, 07:39 PM

199 posts, read 526,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffire View Post
NJ - beaches. Are then any good ones to live near in "Gateway" or do you need to live in "Shore" . What are the two big differences between these regions?
Thanks
The costs you listed on the last page are generally similar. However, property and income taxes are the highest in the country here.

Northern New Jersey has no beaches. You have New York to the east. The Jersey Shore is a long stretch of coastline, and yes, there are many great areas to live and raise a family in. However, you said that you'd like to live close to a city and there is nothing on the Jersey Shore extremely close to NYC. The Gateway region is basically the most urban region of the state, encompassing the counties closest to NYC. Here is where the towns that I listed are located, as well as more urban areas like Newark, Jersey City, and Paterson. The Jersey Shore is completely different. There are some communities with larger year-around populations than others, but in any Jersey Shore community you'll see an increase in population on Summer weekends as tourists from northern NJ, NY, and Philadelphia flood the beaches.

Old 05-12-2009, 08:55 PM

1,106 posts, read 4,897,986 times
Just to clarify our weather (sorry I have to use Fahrenheit) We start to warm up in May. Avg in the 60's. June, July & Aug. are our hot months - generally in the 80's. Sept. things are in the 70-80's so it is still warm. Temps start dropping off in Oct but still not cold. Sweater weather, not coats. In Nov. temps begin to drop into the 40's & 50's. By mid Dec. the weather drops down into the 30's and hovers around freezing. January & February are our coldest month. We don't tend to get a lot of snow and ice. Some years more than others and a Blizzard isn't unheard of. By March the flowers start to break ground. So, no, we don't have 6 months of freezing cold.

The coastal region actually tends to have slightly milder temps so if you don't mind being 60-90 mins. from NYC then you might like living at the shore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey