Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2009, 07:51 AM

2,179 posts, read 6,717,616 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
OMG Tahiti get real for cripes sake
The only agenda Healy has is for Healy
He is a drunken disgraceful bum

The so called voters who voted "in their self interest" in JC did nothing more then willingly swallow the kool aid
Healy won because Jesus, er, I mean Obama endorsed him Just kidding - I think.

What sickened me to no end was looking at Menendez and Lautenberg standing behind the whiskey king blubber on and slur his words. Were they there to support him or catch him if he falls over from all of the alcohol?

Crime is going up, taxes are going up, the roads look like they belong in Baghdad, and all is well in Healy supporter land.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2009, 07:53 AM

13,404 posts, read 28,729,623 times
Rebroadcast at 10PM Friday..I'll have to catch it because I want to actually HEAR them not just read the BS

GOP candidates Christie, Lonegan clash at first debate - NJ.com

Old 05-13-2009, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DowntownJerseyCity View Post
Healy won because Jesus, er, I mean Obama endorsed him Just kidding - I think.

What sickened me to no end was looking at Menendez and Lautenberg standing behind the whiskey king blubber on and slur his words. Were they there to support him or catch him if he falls over from all of the alcohol?

Crime is going up, taxes are going up, the roads look like they belong in Baghdad, and all is well in Healy supporter land.

Yup as I said willingly drinking the kool aid

Fulop retained as well too didn't he

Don't even get me started on the hero of the Hispanics that crook Menendez.

Old 05-13-2009, 07:59 AM

1,140 posts, read 2,075,318 times
I think people should vote for the best interests of the state (or country) not for their own
personal issues. That's the only way things will improve.

Watched the debate and unfortunately wasn't much impressed with either candidate. Have to say I did like some of the things Lonegan said (i.e.flat tax), but I don't know if he can beat Corzine. With Christie I'm afraid we may end up with another Christine Todd Whitman. Still
have to study up on both of them before making a decision.

Reversing the Abbott decision would be a good start.

I believe the debate will be rerun on Friday at 10 PM.

Old 05-13-2009, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizNJ View Post
I think people should vote for the best interests of the state (or country) not for their own
personal issues. That's the only way things will improve.

Watched the debate and unfortunately wasn't much impressed with either candidate. Have to say I did like some of the things Lonegan said (i.e.flat tax), but I don't know if he can beat Corzine. With Christie I'm afraid we may end up with another Christine Todd Whitman. Still
have to study up on both of them before making a decision.

Reversing the Abbott decision would be a good start.

I believe the debate will be rerun on Friday at 10 PM.
For sure!! I'm all for that

Old 05-13-2009, 08:14 AM

9,375 posts, read 20,801,239 times
Quote:
For sure!! I'm all for that
Reversing the Abbott decision, however, would have to be achieved through the courts. Regardless of who is in the governor's mansion, the 7 robes of Pravda are going to be on that high court forseeably.

A governor, by him or herself, can not undo the amount of damage that has been inflicted via the court system in New Jersey. The focus, unfortunately, is channeled through heads of state, however, the real damage in this country is done by activist judges who legislate and make law from the bench, in effect subverting the electoral will. Mount Laurel was one such example, Abbott v Burke another, and even with regard to elections: remind me of who intervened when that scumbag Bobby Torricelli was going to get his clock cleaned in the general, and systematically overturned the electoral process?

Old 05-13-2009, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
Reversing the Abbott decision, however, would have to be achieved through the courts. Regardless of who is in the governor's mansion, the 7 robes of Pravda are going to be on that high court forseeably.

A governor, by him or herself, can not undo the amount of damage that has been inflicted via the court system in New Jersey. The focus, unfortunately, is channeled through heads of state, however, the real damage in this country is done by activist judges who legislate and make law from the bench, in effect subverting the electoral will. Mount Laurel was one such example, Abbott v Burke another, and even with regard to elections: remind me of who intervened when that scumbag Bobby Torricelli was going to get his clock cleaned in the general, and systematically overturned the electoral process?
Very true....but debates aside who the hell has the brass set to turn this state around??
Read part of the debate and of course they both said they are against gay marriage but agree it should be left up to the voters....I find issues like this deflectors...fluff nonsense to divert us from the really pressing issues at hand

I don't care a fiddlers fart in church if gay marriage is appoved or not..don't make it a nomination issue please

Old 05-13-2009, 08:56 AM

9,375 posts, read 20,801,239 times
Quote:
Very true....but debates aside who the hell has the brass set to turn this state around??
Read part of the debate and of course they both said they are against gay marriage but agree it should be left up to the voters....I find issues like this deflectors...fluff nonsense to divert us from the really pressing issues at hand

I don't care a fiddlers fart in church if gay marriage is appoved or not..don't make it a nomination issue please
And I agree with you on this. I've long referred to issues such as gay marriage as "horse$hit issues" because they are gleaming on the surface, capture the imagination, but really are unimportant to the masses, relative to having 35, 40, 45% of your paycheck confiscated before you even see it, while those who hold and seek higher office are desirous of taking even more from you. "Who gets what" really is, has been, and always will be (and really should be) what should be in the minds of most voters. Politicians want to distract the voting electorate from that core issue, but when elections occur, you'll always see that recurring pattern in the exit polling results. People who earn lots of money want lower taxes, and people who earn little or no money want increased government control to provide security for them, in the form of entitlements.

Old 05-13-2009, 10:20 AM

1,977 posts, read 7,755,928 times
I know nothing of Lonegan yet other than the 2-3 times Ive seen him in the news on unrelated issues and some of the crackpot comments ive heard. I know nothing about Christie yet other than his previous record of cracking down on corruption. Lonegan has a record of running a town at least, Christie is inexperienced in that regard. I am looking forward to seeing the debates on Friday. I missed it last night. Either way Im not voting for Corzine.

I agree with what ElizNJ said, we all need to be voting on what we think is the best thing for our cities/states/country. Not necessarily what is best for us personally. We need to focus on the issues and get things resolved so that we can move on. Who will lead us to that end, I dont know. But the entire system NEEEEEEDs to be revamped before any real change can be made.

R.E.N.O.

Re
Elect
No
One!!!!!!!

Old 05-13-2009, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobRiguez View Post
I know nothing of Lonegan yet other than the 2-3 times Ive seen him in the news on unrelated issues and some of the crackpot comments ive heard. I know nothing about Christie yet other than his previous record of cracking down on corruption. Lonegan has a record of running a town at least, Christie is inexperienced in that regard. I am looking forward to seeing the debates on Friday. I missed it last night. Either way Im not voting for Corzine.

I agree with what ElizNJ said, we all need to be voting on what we think is the best thing for our cities/states/country. Not necessarily what is best for us personally. We need to focus on the issues and get things resolved so that we can move on. Who will lead us to that end, I dont know. But the entire system NEEEEEEDs to be revamped before any real change can be made.

Some very interesting info on how some things should be changed for the betterment of our country. Re Elect No One. Replace Congress before they destroy America
That hits the nail right on the head
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey