Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2009, 01:27 AM

1,453 posts, read 4,930,490 times

Advertisements

I saw the ads and it is really gross but they are not mainstream people. Does the show suggest that their income is not from legal sources? I won't know because I would not be interested enough to watch. That fact alone would make them a poor rep from any city or state. There are many more of those people in NY and they are using the NJ silhouette on the commercial for this- like it is state sanctioned or something. Good God.
Within that particular ethnicity these people are certainly an anomaly. I mean who in their right mind would marry their cousin?

Oh and by the way- they are the true meaning of the word "subculture". These people represent that 100%. I debated someone here last year about the meaning of that term and tried to make them understand that they and their friends love of Coldplay and Abercrombie does not a subculture make. These people represent in a big way for the subculture tag.
Thanks Bravo. Nice work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2009, 06:21 PM

35 posts, read 176,588 times
I went to Ramapo HS in Franklin Lakes & I was from a different town. I hated HS because it was beyond superficial. The show made my stomach turn & reminded me why those were the worst 4 years of my life.

Old 05-16-2009, 08:43 PM

4,181 posts, read 5,062,478 times
according to Patti Stanger "Millionaire Matchmaker", New Jersey is a good place to meet successful men (stated on the Tyra Banks Show)

Old 05-16-2009, 10:33 PM

1,915 posts, read 3,486,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyntmac View Post
I saw the ads and it is really gross but they are not mainstream people.
That's the entire point of the Housewives franchise...it's not about the "millionaire next door" (who you have no clue is sitting on a pot of money b/c he's got a 25 year old car in his driveway and cuts his own grass) nor is it about your next door neighbors who are on gov't assistance.

Some people ARE just that stupid enough to put their lives out there for ridicule, etc.

Quote:
Does the show suggest that their income is not from legal sources?
After the Soprano's, would any Jersey family making moola hand over fist not have the suggestion that they don't? Especially with an Italian twist? If these chicks were Greek...it wouldn't be an issue. Banquet halls are a killer to own and unless they're skanky beyond belief, there is always some party going on. Great place to make money. And BIG money.

Quote:
I won't know because I would not be interested enough to watch. That fact alone would make them a poor rep from any city or state. There are many more of those people in NY and they are using the NJ silhouette on the commercial for this- like it is state sanctioned or something. Good God.
Within that particular ethnicity these people are certainly an anomaly. I mean who in their right mind would marry their cousin?
Then don't comment...why speak of what you are clueless about? Watch a show.

quote]Oh and by the way- they are the true meaning of the word "subculture". These people represent that 100%. I debated someone here last year about the meaning of that term and tried to make them understand that they and their friends love of Coldplay and Abercrombie does not a subculture make. These people represent in a big way for the subculture tag.
Thanks Bravo. Nice work.[/quote]

Still not sure what you mean if you don't watch the shows?

It's a stupid show. I don't know why so many people get their panties all wadded up when dumbasses with money open their lives up?

I guess "having money to burn" is a subculture? Not everyone is broke or living paycheck to paycheck. Not everyone is on the verge of losing their house. When you work 24/7, and make a good buck and you earn what you reap you are entitled to spend it however you want to. Not everyone who does make big $$, in NJ, is in the mob. If you chose to save or spend, live high or low...up to you. You earned it. Right?

Let's not forget that the RICH in NJ pretty much pay upwards of 90% of the taxes in NJ. You don't have to like them or their lifestyles, but you need to get the fact that without them..........

Old 05-18-2009, 06:15 AM
rtt

302 posts, read 812,847 times
These people are an embarrassment. First the Sopranos, now this. Not everyone in NJ wears t-shirts with "YO!" on them, living in McMansions. Well, its entertainment, I guess.

Old 05-18-2009, 06:47 AM

13,404 posts, read 28,729,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtt View Post
These people are an embarrassment. First the Sopranos, now this. Not everyone in NJ wears t-shirts with "YO!" on them, living in McMansions. Well, its entertainment, I guess.
I agree!!! They may be housewives of NJ but not REAL housewives...

They had enough collagen injections in their lips to make some plastic surgeon rich....fake boobs and tanning booth tans..all fake

I hope the rest of the country doesn't think this is how females in NJ look and act

Old 05-18-2009, 02:45 PM

1,289 posts, read 6,098,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtt View Post
Agree with you 100%!

Old 06-04-2009, 09:36 AM

231 posts, read 587,349 times
I just wanted to chime in and give my 2c.

I watched it a couple weeks ago because I knew it would be a train wreck and it was. I was horrified that people like those actually exist. Now I see in the news that one of the women was a "coke *****" and a couple others are related by family to the Gambinos. I have to admit I'm intrigued...both intrigued and horrified.

Old 06-04-2009, 07:51 PM

2,009 posts, read 3,781,176 times
I'm from North Jersey and i don't know any women like this. They don't impress me.

Old 06-04-2009, 07:58 PM

1,507 posts, read 5,907,805 times
Question another show?

I had to look....ok I just stomached 3 minutes of the show & I did not vomit ..yet.
There is a blonde woman that looks like another blonde woman that was on the show Platinum Weddings. Could this be another show jumper craving another 15 minutes of fame? Oh I'm probably wrong b/c after a while they all look the same.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey