Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2009, 10:06 PM

1,453 posts, read 4,930,490 times

Advertisements

If you knew the history of this country you would understand that there have always been multi-racial people. They have been generally classified as Black/African by our government if they are any percent African and by society as a whole as well. The idea that you find that disturbing does not change the fact of its reality or the way it impacts lives today. You mock this and make comments like "white owners fun" like it's a joke. It may just be an experiment but it has nothing to do with bloodlines and inter-race marriages at all. That really convolutes this debate in the sense that is has nothing at all to do with this discussion.

Old 05-16-2009, 10:24 PM

326 posts, read 429,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyntmac View Post
If you knew the history of this country you would understand that there have always been multi-racial people. They have been generally classified as Black/African by our government if they are any percent African and by society as a whole as well. The idea that you find that disturbing does not change the fact of its reality or the way it impacts lives today. You mock this and make comments like "white owners fun" like it's a joke. It may just be an experiment but it has nothing to do with bloodlines and inter-race marriages at all. That really convolutes this debate in the sense that is has nothing at all to do with this discussion.

So this is your explanation? That government classifies them as Black/African?

This is actually beyond disturbing. It is sickening. How do you explain this "experiment" to your kids? We cannot buy candy at this store because it is owned by white man? Is that what you will say?

Again, this "experimenting" people and fox-news media are one and the same. They have no difference except the skin of their color. They have one goal: Carry the sicknesses of the past, poison the next generation. That is all. That is it. Divide and control. Tell the poor black folk "you are a victim, you can do nothing". Tell the poor white folk "they hate you, they are thugs". Make sure they stay divided. Act as if this is how it is supposed to be. Us and them. Our people and their people. Congratulations for being a part of the problem. Good luck to your kids in 21st century.

Old 05-16-2009, 10:38 PM

326 posts, read 429,884 times
Great example of how these "networks" helped the black folks. Article talks about how housing crisis affect mostly black neighborhoods negatively. Here is the link:

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/16/ny...ref=realestate

Here is the relevant part to conversation at hand. I recommend read it five times loud:

"Even many blacks and Latinos who say they sought conventional loans ended up with subprime mortgages from these lenders. One reason, many say, was a mistrust of conventional banks.

“I don’t want to say it’s in the cultural DNA, but a lot of us who are older than 30 have some memory of disappointment or humiliation related to banks,” Mr. Grannum said. “The white guy in the suit with the same income gets a loan and you don’t?”

“So you turn to local brokers, even if they don’t offer the best rates.”

This may help explain an unusual phenomenon: Upper-income black borrowers in the region are more likely to hold subprime mortgages than even blacks with lower incomes, who often benefit from homeownership classes and lending assistance offered by government and nonprofits. "

Old 05-16-2009, 10:45 PM

1,453 posts, read 4,930,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seren77 View Post

This is actually beyond disturbing. It is sickening. How do you explain this "experiment" to your kids? We cannot buy candy at this store because it is owned by white man? Is that what you will say?
Again, this "experimenting" people and fox-news media are one and the same. They have no difference except the skin of their color. They have one goal: Carry the sicknesses of the past, poison the next generation. That is all. That is it. Divide and control. Tell the poor black folk "you are a victim, you can do nothing". Tell the poor white folk "they hate you, they are thugs". Make sure they stay divided. Act as if this is how it is supposed to be. Us and them. Our people and their people. Congratulations for being a part of the problem. Good luck to your kids in 21st century.
You are really twisting this- God knows why. It is an experiment. Fox news is like an arm of the Republican Party at this point. Why bring it up over and over? I know some poeple enjoy it but it has no relevance here.

You don't even understand what "part of the problem" means. Divide and control is not the issue here either. You don't even understand "the sickness" as you call it. You are actually perpetuating it yourself by making ingnorant statements about your country.
A victim would not bother to drive 10 miles out of his way for any reason and you know it. A victim sits back and does nothing at all. You are sterotyping people who partake in this in a very negative way- you don't know them and have a distorted image of them. America is a great place but it was never colorblind. You are living on Mars. One's participation in this does not mean they will campaign against interacial marriage or raise kids to hate. That has no relevance to any of this. Only in your mind.

Old 05-17-2009, 05:40 AM

2,771 posts, read 6,275,798 times
Quote:
Great example of how these "networks" helped the black folks.
Yes, that's exactly my point -- that "the black folks" don't have access to the same kinds of networks as the other "folks".

Old 05-17-2009, 05:53 AM

Quote:
Tell the poor black folk "you are a victim, you can do nothing".
Fostering a culture of entrepreneurship, is far from encouraging a victim mindset, in fact it is precisely the opposite.

It is a private action by a private citizen, in support of other private citizens who take matters into their own hands by running businesses, instead of waiting for someone else to feed them. And instead of waiting for the government to bail out the business, the private citizen voluntarily supports businesses whose survival s/he believes will have a positive impact on his/her community.

There are few if any actions directed to helping these communities that are less victim-oriented than this. Most government policy aimed at "helping", including those which Obama is in favor of, involves some kind of coercion, and fosters a dependency by targeting the weakest.

Old 05-17-2009, 02:53 PM

542 posts, read 1,449,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPBsr View Post
This will def have an impact on white owned businesses in NJ. I don't understand. When I shop, I shop for price, quality and/or convenience. Who cares what the color of the owner is.

Without a doubt, these people are racists and please don't give me what they went through years ago. 2 wrongs don't make a right.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ATLANTA — It's been two months since 2-year-old Cori pulled the gold stud from her left earlobe, and the piercing is threatening to close as her mother, Maggie Anderson, hunts for a replacement.

It's not that the earring was all that rare — but finding the right store has become a quest of Quixotic proportions.

Maggie and John Anderson of Chicago vowed four months ago that for one year, they would try to patronize only black-owned businesses.

The "Empowerment Experiment" is the reason John had to suffer for hours with a stomach ache and Maggie no longer gets that brand-name lather when she washes her hair. A grocery trip is a 14-mile odyssey.

Chicago Family's 'Buy Black' Experiment Becoming a Nationwide Movement - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News - FOXNews.com

this whole black experience stuff has played out in detroit. go ahead and look at what you get. i no longer live in the metro detroit area, but i do recall hearing the commercials stressing that the business was black owned and to shop there because it was black owned. soesn't seem to have helped detroit much.

Old 05-17-2009, 03:00 PM

18 posts, read 44,107 times
Wow I find it funny that people would get upset because someone won't buy from another race. I personally could care less. Wether you agree with the person decision or not it is their decision to make.

I find it funny that anyone would make this decision though. I am all for buying American and I am even for becoming an isolationist country. However within my country I will do business with whomever is making me money. I really do try to buy American but it's incredibly hard to do anymore.

Old 05-17-2009, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by renter8319 View Post
this whole black experience stuff has played out in detroit. go ahead and look at what you get. i no longer live in the metro detroit area, but i do recall hearing the commercials stressing that the business was black owned and to shop there because it was black owned. soesn't seem to have helped detroit much.
Detroit is beyond help

Old 05-17-2009, 03:02 PM

93,342 posts, read 123,972,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripod View Post
I don't have a problem with it and I'm white. I'm also a proponent of affirmative action and I don't know if that supposedly makes me a 'race traitor' in some people's eyes or not. The OP said something about wrongs committed 'in the past' and that doesn't make sense because istitutionalized racizm still exists.
and actually Whites also benefit from things like "affirmative action", publically and privately. People forget that White women are the biggest benefactors of A.A. and forget about the "private" forms of it as well. So, no, you are not a race traitor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: