Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2009, 01:29 AM

3 posts, read 6,323 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone,

I'm a recent college grad looking to buy my first condo or townhouse. Geographically, I'm trying to find something between Fort Lee (where my family/gf lives) and Parsippany (where I work). Therefore, the condo should be close to route 80, or route 4, or anything else that will get me to Parsippany. As I'm a young guy, I've been trying to find towns that could give me at least a little bit of hipness (restaurants, bars, people roughly my age). It can even be an up-and-coming town. The only towns that come up in my searches are Hoboken, Jersey City, and Morristown. As I said, Hoboken/JC is far from my work, and not really that close to Fort Lee. Morristown is too far from Fort Lee as well. Plus, the prices in these towns are definitely out of my budget.

Are there any towns that I am missing? Am I asking for too much? If anyone could suggest some towns/condo developments, I would greatly appreciate it!

More Details

Budget: Up to 250k (maybe a little higher, but not much)
Commute: I currently commute from Fort Lee, which is 30 miles away from work. I don't want my commute to get any longer.
Bedrooms: 1
Type: Condo or townhouse
Construction: I'm looking for newer construction. If not, it must at least look pretty new (nice kitchen, bath).
Amenities: Parking spot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2009, 09:05 AM

55 posts, read 197,465 times
There are plenty of places available in Parsippany itself for $250k and under. They are not newer construction. They maybe renovated inside though. Just get out and look. It is the best way to see what is available.

Old 05-24-2009, 12:51 PM

3 posts, read 6,323 times
Thanks for your suggestions. However, I've looked into Parsippany, and from what I've seen, it's primarily a family town. From the year that I've already spent working there, I haven't found anything at all to do, and I don't know of any people my age that live there.

Any other suggestions/ideas?

Old 05-24-2009, 01:15 PM

777 posts, read 2,379,255 times
Hackensack could work. There are definitely 1 BR condos in that price range in good condition, easy access to highways, the hipness thing be a question. There are bars, clubs, and restaurants in the area. I have been showing my client some condos in Hackensack, PM me if you want some more specifics as far as developments.

Old 05-26-2009, 09:48 AM

55 posts, read 197,465 times
Check in to Morris Township and Morris Plains they have a real easy commute to Parsippany and Morristown for the night life you may be looking for and also have easy access to the major highways to get you to Fort Lee. They are no farther away than Parsippany. May also want to consider some places farther east like Clifton. Other possibilities maybe in between the 2 are the Fairfild and Wayne area

Old 05-26-2009, 10:31 AM

256 posts, read 841,615 times
How about West Paterson or Little Falls? Theres not much to do in those towns, but you have pretty good bar areas in Clifton, Montclair, and Passaic which are all about 10 minutes away.

Old 05-26-2009, 11:04 AM

3,269 posts, read 9,932,105 times
How about Nutley?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey