U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2009, 03:09 PM

3 posts, read 21,089 times

Advertisements

Hi,
I plan to move from Woodbridge to Springfield, NJ mainly coz my son is ready to start Kindergarten in Sep09.I am thinking of enrolling him into Edward Walton school in Springfield. My son is November born and all schools in woodbridge have a cut off date of oct 31 for Kindergarten admissions. But Springfield, it is Nov 30th.
I have lived in Woodbridge for over 2 years and want to know if this is a good move.

1) Woodbridge compared to Springfield.- place to live, education etc..

2) Any comments on Edward Walton School?

Thanks for all the help.....
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2009, 08:59 PM

587 posts, read 2,074,453 times
The district as a whole is ranked in the 30's so it appears they are better than most.
What part of springfield are you looking to move to? The area around Edward Walton school is very quiet. The famous Baltusrol golf course is right in front of the school.

Old 05-27-2009, 03:12 PM

101 posts, read 430,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAIR View Post
Hi,
I plan to move from Woodbridge to Springfield, NJ mainly coz my son is ready to start Kindergarten in Sep09.I am thinking of enrolling him into Edward Walton school in Springfield. My son is November born and all schools in woodbridge have a cut off date of oct 31 for Kindergarten admissions. But Springfield, it is Nov 30th.
I have lived in Woodbridge for over 2 years and want to know if this is a good move.

1) Woodbridge compared to Springfield.- place to live, education etc..

2) Any comments on Edward Walton School?

Thanks for all the help.....
I'm in Springfield and love my town. I think it is a good move but don't know enough about Woodbridge to compare. The parents I spoke to really like Walton, my son just turned 4 in Feb. so he'll start pre-k in september. We just went to the orientation and the teachers at least for pre-k were great!

Since I've been into the playgrounds, I can share what I know there- They just built a new playground in Walton for the littler kids, and the other playground is really nice too. There is some renovatoin on the Chisholm playground by the Y, so we are looking forward to that. here's a link to playgrounds in Springfield, but they wil need to be updated soon...

Your complete guide to NJ Playgrounds » Springfield

Old 05-28-2009, 09:51 AM

Thanks NJPLAY. i have been around springfiled a couple of time and like it too...glad to know that there are good reviews about Edward Walton school too. thnaks for the link too.

Old 05-28-2009, 09:52 AM

Thanks MUMRA. I am looking at areas close to the school...so mountain ave and surrounding areas in springfield.

Old 05-28-2009, 10:39 PM

587 posts, read 2,074,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAIR View Post
Thanks MUMRA. I am looking at areas close to the school...so mountain ave and surrounding areas in springfield.
My brother-in-law's step aunt lives on ashwood rd and it's a great area. With easy access to I78 & Rt 24, minutes to GSP it's Union County's best kept secret. Good luck to you.

Old 06-03-2009, 01:55 PM

7 posts, read 36,568 times
I live in Springfield and its a very safe and clean place. I strongly recommend it to you. Try "Summit Hill Apts" in springfield. Its a little expensive but worth it.

Old 06-03-2009, 02:02 PM

835 posts, read 1,074,413 times
Woodbridge is to over crowded with hoodlums and immigrants (metropark) Springfield is nice, they just opened up a Super Target and Super Home Deport. Great Success!

Old 06-04-2009, 05:09 AM

131 posts, read 572,821 times
I live in Union right on the border of Springfield and i go to and through SPringfield a lot and you will LOVE IT, there is no bad section of Springfield so no matter where you move in you will like it. Whole town is nice, quiet and very safe and all the major stores, supermarkets, and shopping centers in Union you will have everything right next to you. Good choice.

Old 06-04-2009, 05:11 AM

131 posts, read 572,821 times
That Target and Super Home Depot is actually in Union's Vauxhall section not Springfield. Union has 2 Home Depots and 2 Targets and 2 Best Buys and all of them are pretty busy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey