Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2009, 04:31 PM

3,223 posts, read 9,629,141 times

Advertisements

I say such a city would have an irregular history, population, landscape or general atmosphere where someone is able to connect with themself.

And what makes that place special?

Asbury Park because it's like a ghost that passed away decades ago but still maintains a stronge presense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2009, 03:18 PM

229 posts, read 923,415 times
Cape May, for all its history and ghosts

Old 05-28-2009, 04:26 PM

1,548 posts, read 4,315,078 times
Default Eagle Rock Reservation

I've mentioned before that I am mesmerized at Eagle Rock Reservation in West Orange. On a clear day, I can notice the curvature of the earth while panning the skyline of New York City from north to south. Check it out sometime!

Old 05-28-2009, 08:11 PM

531 posts, read 2,149,972 times
This website is mystically mesmerizing.

Old 05-29-2009, 10:58 AM

I once took a midnight ride from chesterfield to englishtown because that's a big wilderness I never explored and man was it scary, dark county roads with fog and random old houses along the road spaced out which makes u wonder what type of people live in them, farmers I guess. The roads were winding with little lights in the distance and an occasional truck on the road like a haunted hay ride. My destination was Englishtown, then I turned back, had a hard time finding my way back.

Old 05-29-2009, 11:35 AM

387 posts, read 1,429,650 times
The view from Washington Rock in Green Brook.

Old 05-29-2009, 05:37 PM

32,932 posts, read 36,341,370 times
The Pine Barrens...Devil in the woods, the Blue Hole, the White Stag...ghost towns.

Mist rises off of the swamp, sun drops behind the trees...feel an urgency to get back to the paved road...time to leave. Miles of sand roads crisscross the endless forest; the road's too narrow to turn around, which way do I go? Sugar sand, flooded or dead end roads may lie ahead, which way to go? The sun sinks lower in the sky. I bump along the rutted road, hear the screech of branches dragging the paint off of my car (It was a bad idea to come out alone) ...Piney Stripes! I hear something in the distance - above the sound of the engine, tires on sand, tree frogs, calling birds - what? Eyes wide, heart beating fast, I stop and listen...

Old 05-29-2009, 08:35 PM

132 posts, read 410,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackedInPrinceton View Post
The view from Washington Rock in Green Brook.

Agreed. Washington Rock Park view in Green Brook where George Washington saw the British movements from 60 miles out

Old 05-30-2009, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
The Pine Barrens...Devil in the woods, the Blue Hole, the White Stag...ghost towns.

Mist rises off of the swamp, sun drops behind the trees...feel an urgency to get back to the paved road...time to leave. Miles of sand roads crisscross the endless forest; the road's too narrow to turn around, which way do I go? Sugar sand, flooded or dead end roads may lie ahead, which way to go? The sun sinks lower in the sky. I bump along the rutted road, hear the screech of branches dragging the paint off of my car (It was a bad idea to come out alone) ...Piney Stripes! I hear something in the distance - above the sound of the engine, tires on sand, tree frogs, calling birds - what? Eyes wide, heart beating fast, I stop and listen...
...................... I love you ..................
or how about hiking on pink trail lost after miles from a detour when the sun sets. what are piney stripes?

Old 05-30-2009, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUALL View Post
Agreed. Washington Rock Park view in Green Brook where George Washington saw the British movements from 60 miles out
I'd have to go there, 60 miles out?? how is that possible? U mean Km? There must have been 10,000s of red uniforms or tons of smoke.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey