Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2009, 07:37 PM

64 posts, read 288,985 times

Advertisements

Has anyone had problems or delays getting their refund. Mailed mine out mid March and still have not received my check. Called the automated phone number and it say take 6-8 weeks to process, and no information will be available until it is processed. So when I put my info in they are saying no record of the return. Which means it has not be processed. Should I be concerned? Wanted to see if anyone else is in the same boat. I was on the slow boat finding out that we are not getting Homestead rebates this year. Did I miss something else? Does anyone know how to get in touch with the Division of Tax and talk to a real person? Thanks for any input given.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2009, 09:59 AM

82 posts, read 209,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nancys1108 View Post
Has anyone had problems or delays getting their refund. Mailed mine out mid March and still have not received my check. Called the automated phone number and it say take 6-8 weeks to process, and no information will be available until it is processed. So when I put my info in they are saying no record of the return. Which means it has not be processed. Should I be concerned? Wanted to see if anyone else is in the same boat. I was on the slow boat finding out that we are not getting Homestead rebates this year. Did I miss something else? Does anyone know how to get in touch with the Division of Tax and talk to a real person? Thanks for any input given.
I got the refund quickly on my personal return but not on a partnership return I filed. I was getting concerned too.

Old 06-13-2009, 11:52 AM

1 posts, read 9,069 times
I've filed mine on Feb 28th and till today I have not yet received my refund. I've emailed them on May 11 and on June 9 I got a reply back that they need a copy of my return.... still waiting..

Old 06-13-2009, 05:21 PM

3,814 posts, read 11,951,258 times
Filed my personal return on April 13 and received the refund in less than one month. You really have to talk to a live person there to get your refunds after this long a delay. One reason it's been tough has been the tax amnesty period that NJ announced. Delinquent returns from past years have really swamped the agents with more processing than they expected. But get in the queue as soon as possible to follow up on your 2008 return!

Old 06-13-2009, 05:27 PM

11,292 posts, read 16,575,322 times
Maybe it's time to increase your State dependents. This way you'll owe them.

Otherwise the way the State is headed you might not get your refund.

Old 06-13-2009, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diorgirl View Post
Filed my personal return on April 13 and received the refund in less than one month. You really have to talk to a live person there to get your refunds after this long a delay. One reason it's been tough has been the tax amnesty period that NJ announced. Delinquent returns from past years have really swamped the agents with more processing than they expected. But get in the queue as soon as possible to follow up on your 2008 return!
Did you file e file or paper?

Old 06-13-2009, 09:08 PM

3,814 posts, read 11,951,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nancys1108 View Post
Did you file e file or paper?
Filed electronically.

Old 06-13-2009, 10:30 PM

18 posts, read 70,316 times
Paper returns take longer then those efiled.
Longer wait if refund is greater than $5,000.

Old 06-13-2009, 11:18 PM

228 posts, read 506,311 times
I filed by mail on April 15 and got mine back about a week ago. Then again I don't owe property tax or anything of the sort so I guess I got mine faster.

Old 06-14-2009, 06:54 AM

I did call and finally got to talk to someone. She said not to worry that they were so far behind that they were still processing Jan/Feb returns. (Paper)
Ask her if I had to resubmit or anything and she told me know, that if I had to do anything they would let me know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey