Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2009, 07:46 PM

24 posts, read 77,720 times

Advertisements

I found a GREAT home in Metuchen. It's for a good price and in great condition.

My ONLY concern is the area. It is on Prospect street which seems on the outer area of the desired 3/4 mile of the station but it's still within 3/4 mile of it.

I guess I'm a little weary because of the area. It's nice and quiet but there are less trees and it's just on the other side of the tracks. We're right around 300k so we are limited on what we can find but nice homes are out there for that price.

If anyone can give me info, please do. i think it's right on the border of Edison?

Much thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2009, 09:20 PM

336 posts, read 1,296,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRSO View Post
I found a GREAT home in Metuchen. It's for a good price and in great condition.

My ONLY concern is the area. It is on Prospect street which seems on the outer area of the desired 3/4 mile of the station but it's still within 3/4 mile of it.

I guess I'm a little weary because of the area. It's nice and quiet but there are less trees and it's just on the other side of the tracks. We're right around 300k so we are limited on what we can find but nice homes are out there for that price.

If anyone can give me info, please do. i think it's right on the border of Edison?

Much thanks.

All of Metuchen borders Edison. I love Metuchen and if I could I would live there.

Old 05-29-2009, 11:53 PM

3,223 posts, read 9,629,876 times
It doesn't take an expert to like a home, u said it's quiet and good condition so enjoy the summer

Old 05-30-2009, 02:13 PM

3,650 posts, read 9,502,785 times
I would stick with Metuchen - the schools are better than Edison - any part of Metuchen is better than Edison

Old 05-31-2009, 05:17 PM

1,552 posts, read 4,633,632 times
I don't think there is any magical 3/4 mile desireability rule in Metuchen. The whole town is so small, it's hard to really say that there are any parts you need to be worried about. I think the entire town is safe. As long as you're in Metuchen (and therefore Metuchen school district) it's really just a matter of how well the house and location fit your needs.

That said, something selling for 300K in Metuchen today will likely be selling for 250K in a year or two; and something selling for close to 400K now will be close to 300K. So if this doesn't fit your needs and you've got some time, there's no rush. You may find more options down the road.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: