Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2009, 12:07 PM

593 posts, read 1,660,399 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
LOL. No. That guy makes me look like a frail midget. That's why I'm trying to go to the gym nowadays.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2009, 08:27 PM

6,351 posts, read 9,975,747 times
" A society that will give away essential freedom for temporary security shall not have, and probably does not deserve, either"- Benjamin Franklin

High Taxes, strict gun laws, laws against tinting your car windows, pumping your own gas, crazy town ordinances in every town ( I heard of a few towns in Jersey where people were limited to the amount of pets they could have, including Gold Fish in a tank ) etc.

I especially am against the crazy gun laws they have in Jersey. Sorry, but you might feel perfectly comfortable disarmed and passively waiting and hoping that Big Brother (i.e., the police) will come and save you, but I for one like the idea of being able to defend myself. I mean, I have never so much as run a red light, and yet, in Jersey, it is impossible for me to be able to carry a small pistol legally. I work in a restaurant and get out late...sorry, but I am uncomfortable with over a hundred dollars in tips in my pocket and having to walk to my car at one in the morning unarmed.

But in Jersey, only the criminals (the mob, the Bloods, etc) can have guns and us law-abiding citizens are just the way the scum want us: disarmed and just about helpless.

And spare me, SPARE ME all that "but people being allowed to carry a registered firearm will cause crime to increase" crap! What state is it easiest to carry a hand gun in? Vermont! What state has the lowest amount of gun violence? You guessed it, Vermont.

Thankfully, I will be moving soon to Seattle. Good news on the self defense front from the Emerald City: The Seattle Times: Local News: State's concealed-weapons law among nation's most relaxed

My question to all you "well, guns kill people so they should be banned!" folks (aside from it being against the second amendment*) is this: in Belgium, a man went on a stabbing spree and killed two pre-school kids and one adult and wounded others...so, should we outlaw kitchen knives too?
BBC NEWS | Europe | Infants stabbed at Belgian creche

* When ever I mention the second Amendment, some anti-freedom zombie comes up and says "well, the second Amendment only applies to Muskets because that's what was around back then" Well, if that's the case, then the first Amendment, with it's "freedom of the Press" only applies to a hand-cranked printing press, because that's what was around back then, and not movies, the Internet, or crappy CDs of Fall Out Boy.

Old 06-02-2009, 06:31 PM

636 posts, read 1,423,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
" a society that will give away essential freedom for temporary security shall not have, and probably does not deserve, either"- benjamin franklin

high taxes, strict gun laws, laws against tinting your car windows, pumping your own gas, crazy town ordinances in every town ( i heard of a few towns in jersey where people were limited to the amount of pets they could have, including gold fish in a tank ) etc.

I especially am against the crazy gun laws they have in jersey. Sorry, but you might feel perfectly comfortable disarmed and passively waiting and hoping that big brother (i.e., the police) will come and save you, but i for one like the idea of being able to defend myself. I mean, i have never so much as run a red light, and yet, in jersey, it is impossible for me to be able to carry a small pistol legally. I work in a restaurant and get out late...sorry, but i am uncomfortable with over a hundred dollars in tips in my pocket and having to walk to my car at one in the morning unarmed.

But in jersey, only the criminals (the mob, the bloods, etc) can have guns and us law-abiding citizens are just the way the scum want us: Disarmed and just about helpless.

And spare me, spare me all that "but people being allowed to carry a registered firearm will cause crime to increase" crap! What state is it easiest to carry a hand gun in? Vermont! What state has the lowest amount of gun violence? You guessed it, vermont.

Thankfully, i will be moving soon to seattle. Good news on the self defense front from the emerald city: the seattle times: Local news: State's concealed-weapons law among nation's most relaxed

my question to all you "well, guns kill people so they should be banned!" folks (aside from it being against the second amendment*) is this: In belgium, a man went on a stabbing spree and killed two pre-school kids and one adult and wounded others...so, should we outlaw kitchen knives too?
bbc news | europe | infants stabbed at belgian creche

* when ever i mention the second amendment, some anti-freedom zombie comes up and says "well, the second amendment only applies to muskets because that's what was around back then" well, if that's the case, then the first amendment, with it's "freedom of the press" only applies to a hand-cranked printing press, because that's what was around back then, and not movies, the internet, or crappy cds of fall out boy.
+1776

Old 06-02-2009, 06:39 PM

5,251 posts, read 13,809,153 times
I could of guessed it too.

Old 06-03-2009, 01:42 PM

538 posts, read 2,457,496 times
I have to say, I live in rural NW NJ and people are armed to the teeth here.

There has never been so much as a break-in in this area, according to a long time cop, for at least 20 years. I never fear for my life here, and everyone has a gun here.

Yet, people in Washington, DC and Chicago can't own guns at all. Not exactly the safest cities.

For being 1776, our forefathers sure had some pretty good ideas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey