Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2009, 09:10 AM

250 posts, read 563,241 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingo99 View Post
I am not on a high horse...

Yea some minority's go to the shop-rite in West Paterson. And some work there. So what. They also act like regular people, and seem like good employees. probably because they live in the area, and arent bussed in from Paterson where people dont know how to act.
Stop beating about the bush and let your racist self be known. You seem to have problem with minorities withing malls. Quit it now and be realistic. There are so many malls you can pick and choose. Drive your freaking car anywhere you want for food. What do you mean by bussed? Thats racist!!

Old 06-07-2009, 12:39 AM

390 posts, read 1,510,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcjh20 View Post
I like Wegman's a lot. You would think everything would be insultingly overpriced, but they have some good deals there too. Wish there was one somewhere around the Jersey shore.
There is a Wegman's in Ocean Twp/Wanamassa. I know it's far from you but if you're ever in the area, stop in and enjoy it. It's quite nice.

Old 06-07-2009, 05:21 AM

4,897 posts, read 18,493,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neekah18 View Post
Why do you assume those "scummy people with unruly children" are from Paterson? Trash lives in all cities and sometimes they even travel to different towns to drop their trash off. And actually there is a bus that you can catch from Rosa Parks Boulevard in Paterson (one of the worse, crime ridden blocks in the city might I had) that will drop you off directly in front of the Shop Rite you are talking about. It may be the same bus that drops them off at Pathmark as well. I know this because I picked up my girlfriend from there and she lives on the Blvd. So what makes you believe the great employees from that nice Shop Rite are not from Paterson?
actually the great people from shoprite are all students from PV, former students from PV or parents of students from PV.....lol

Old 06-07-2009, 05:29 AM

9,324 posts, read 16,667,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingo99 View Post
The help there is utterly incompetent, the people are scummy, expired food sits on the shelf and rots, unsupervised kids running all over the place, and i waited probably 25 minutes to get checked out.
If the help is incompetent and the food is expired, you should be complaining to the manager and/or corporate office.

Old 06-09-2009, 08:58 PM

2 posts, read 5,376 times
The Pathmark in Fair Lawn New Jersey is excellent the prices are very good a general laid back atmosphere and alot of gorgeous women what more can you ask for? I would surely want to shop there than in a stuffy white area

Old 08-29-2009, 08:44 PM

123 posts, read 568,443 times
umm...fair lawn is a white area hahaha.

And Shop Rite is by far the best of the regular grocery stores, although I find the A&P in Washington Twp (Bergen) to be quite nice...always clean...and my mom always goes there if certain things are on sale. We hate stop and shop. And I've only been to a Pathmark once and hated that place too.

Old 08-30-2009, 01:12 AM

1,638 posts, read 3,639,437 times
I go to the ShopRite in West Caldwell for the most part, but another decent quality grocery store is the Foodtown. I'm not sure how widespread these are and I've never really seen them outside of this area of NJ, but there's one in Cedar Grove and one in Caldwell, both of which I think are underrated (although the Cedar Grove branch is larger, brighter, has more of a selection, etc.)

Old 08-30-2009, 12:06 PM

1,471 posts, read 3,462,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Collegeguy12 View Post
umm...fair lawn is a white area hahaha.

And Shop Rite is by far the best of the regular grocery stores, although I find the A&P in Washington Twp (Bergen) to be quite nice...always clean...and my mom always goes there if certain things are on sale. We hate stop and shop. And I've only been to a Pathmark once and hated that place too.

The Fair Lawn Pathmark and Shop-Rite are actually quite diverse in terms of clientele, as both stores tend to draw large crowds from nearby Paterson.

I HATE both of those stores. The people there, both the Fair Lawn people and the Paterson people, are mean, nasty, and rude. Both stores are always out of items. There's never enough help, especially at night at the Pathmark. And the crowds can get rough, especially at night at the Pathmark.

When I want to go to Shop-Rite, I either go to the one in Rochelle Park or the one in Ramsey (it's a trip, but it's SO much better than the Fair Lawn store). The Rochelle Park customers are also pretty diverse, but they seem to be more civilized than the Fair Lawn crowd. The store is much better managed as well. The Ramsey Shop-Rite is owned by the same family that owns the Fair Lawn store, and yet, the Ramsey store is so much better managed.

I also like the A&P in Midland Park. The yuppies can get annoying there (as well as in the Shop-Rite in Ramsey), but I can deal with them better than a person telling their two-year-old kid to "Shut the f--k up before I beat the snot out of you in front of everyone" and then doing it. The Washington Township A&P is OK, but last time I went there, they had yet to update the store like they have most of the others. Sometimes I hit the Saddle Brook A&P, but the people there can be pretty surly as well.

I don't know how Foodtown stays in business, but I'm glad they do, because the Foodtown in North Haledon is BEAUTIFUL since they completed their remodel. Their deli is terrific. They have a trained chef in charge of the deli, and he makes some incredible stuff. (For those of you who watched Real Housewives of NJ, do you remember when the housewives went shopping in the yuppie supermarket? It was the North Haledon Foodtown.)

But Fairway has become my favorite. Great food, great sale prices, lots of obscure (yet delicious) gourmet items. And the crowd is TRULY diverse. People of all races, ethnicities and socioeconomic levels shopping together in harmony. That's the way it should be everywhere.

Old 11-25-2009, 11:37 PM

129 posts, read 380,723 times
Well, I for one, will only shop in all-white stores, because there is never any rudeness; everyone is so sweet and friendly. Not to mention the children are so well-behaved. Hmmm. Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever encountered a rude white person, or a white person whose children were off the wall.

Old 11-25-2009, 11:45 PM

38 posts, read 61,477 times
ever since wegmans came to town i can count the times i have been to shoprite pathmark or acme on one hand
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey