Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2009, 06:01 PM

256 posts, read 841,856 times

Advertisements

Is there a bus line from Paterson that drops those folks off at that strip mall?

The help there is utterly incompetent, the people are scummy, expired food sits on the shelf and rots, unsupervised kids running all over the place, and i waited probably 25 minutes to get checked out.

I have never had as bad of a shopping experience as this one. The Shop Rite across the street on the other side of 46 is completely different and pretty nice, and the employees are great. Makes me think that the people at Pathmark have to be getting bussed in or something.

Old 06-01-2009, 06:45 PM

1,983 posts, read 7,517,682 times
Dude, Pathmark sucks. Shoprite or bust in NJ.

Old 06-01-2009, 07:05 PM

1,014 posts, read 2,888,340 times
Its Woodland Park now.

Old 06-01-2009, 07:15 PM

531 posts, read 2,150,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoorestownResident View Post
Dude, Pathmark sucks. Shoprite or bust in NJ.
Not all Pathmarks suck, although many do.

Personally, I prefer Wegman's.

Old 06-01-2009, 07:40 PM

625 posts, read 3,635,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingo99 View Post
Is there a bus line from Paterson that drops those folks off at that strip mall?

The help there is utterly incompetent, the people are scummy, expired food sits on the shelf and rots, unsupervised kids running all over the place, and i waited probably 25 minutes to get checked out.

I have never had as bad of a shopping experience as this one. The Shop Rite across the street on the other side of 46 is completely different and pretty nice, and the employees are great. Makes me think that the people at Pathmark have to be getting bussed in or something.
Why do you assume those "scummy people with unruly children" are from Paterson? Trash lives in all cities and sometimes they even travel to different towns to drop their trash off. And actually there is a bus that you can catch from Rosa Parks Boulevard in Paterson (one of the worse, crime ridden blocks in the city might I had) that will drop you off directly in front of the Shop Rite you are talking about. It may be the same bus that drops them off at Pathmark as well. I know this because I picked up my girlfriend from there and she lives on the Blvd. So what makes you believe the great employees from that nice Shop Rite are not from Paterson?

Old 06-01-2009, 07:54 PM

989 posts, read 1,877,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by syncmaster View Post
Not all Pathmarks suck, although many do.

Personally, I prefer Wegman's.

Pathmark used to be a great place to food shop. What happened?

Old 06-01-2009, 08:12 PM

1,369 posts, read 4,638,681 times
I used to love Pathmark when I lived in Jersey in the 90s...Fast forward 12 years and the one in Cherry Hill is horrible.

I like Shop-Rite or Genuardis...oh Wegman's too.

Shanny

Old 06-01-2009, 08:14 PM

256 posts, read 841,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neekah18 View Post
Why do you assume those "scummy people with unruly children" are from Paterson? Trash lives in all cities and sometimes they even travel to different towns to drop their trash off. And actually there is a bus that you can catch from Rosa Parks Boulevard in Paterson (one of the worse, crime ridden blocks in the city might I had) that will drop you off directly in front of the Shop Rite you are talking about. It may be the same bus that drops them off at Pathmark as well. I know this because I picked up my girlfriend from there and she lives on the Blvd. So what makes you believe the great employees from that nice Shop Rite are not from Paterson?
there are some significant "ethnic differences" between the shoppers and employees of Pathmark and Shoprite... you live somewhere and you can tell who fits in and who does not...

Old 06-01-2009, 09:03 PM

531 posts, read 2,150,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by izannimda View Post
Pathmark used to be a great place to food shop. What happened?
Not all Pathmarks suck, like I said. The one on Stelton Road (in South Plainfield) is pretty good. The one near me is in Middlesex Borough, it used to suck five years ago but is much better now.

Old 06-01-2009, 09:03 PM

625 posts, read 3,635,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingo99 View Post
there are some significant "ethnic differences" between the shoppers and employees of Pathmark and Shoprite... you live somewhere and you can tell who fits in and who does not...

Are you kidding me? I've been in that Shop Rite, theShop Rite in Fairlawn, the Pathmark in West Paterson, and the Pathmark in Elmwood Park. People of all ethnicities work and shop there. Are you saying if minorities shop and work there it has to low class and trashy? Really get off your high horse you had a bad shopping experience that particular day take it for what it is. I have had bad shopping experiences at most supermarkets especially when I'm at the register looking at grocery bill skyrocket or when I realize between the 1st and 5th of the month that I need groceries and I have to schlep into a crowded store with individuals who have 2-3 kids trailing behind them, 2 stacked carts of food, and a pocket full of WIC checks and a food stamp card. And those type of people come in all ethnicities and shades.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey