Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2010, 05:53 PM

88,584 posts, read 84,795,337 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GovMule View Post
After using the station for 3 consecutive days,I can report that the station was not only safe,but very easy to use,and access.
I've used it about five times now, weekdays and weekends. Seemed very safe, and I've always seen Jersey Transit cops at the exit where you leave to walk to the lot. Agree that access was easy, too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2010, 07:27 PM

2,105 posts, read 6,662,922 times
Quote:
never planning the parking for the Secaucus Transfer STation
That was exactly the theory. It was a TRANSFER STATION. The roads into the area cannot handle a high level of traffic and the state didn't come up with a dime to improve them. Parking was planned if the Allied Junction portion were to be built but that idea is dead. The idea was to take the train from the municipality into the Transfer station and continue. Driving to the station totally defeated the idea behind it. It basically was a billion dollar plus failure. That money could have been put into improving the stations in all the localities that need additional parking to become truly useful.

It might be convenient to the housing built nearby but that turned into a failure as sales flopped and they turned into rentals.

But the station is safe and looks nice. Unfortuntly it never solved the problems it was built to solve.

Old 02-04-2010, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rscalzo View Post
That was exactly the theory. It was a TRANSFER STATION. The roads into the area cannot handle a high level of traffic and the state didn't come up with a dime to improve them. Parking was planned if the Allied Junction portion were to be built but that idea is dead. The idea was to take the train from the municipality into the Transfer station and continue. Driving to the station totally defeated the idea behind it. It basically was a billion dollar plus failure. That money could have been put into improving the stations in all the localities that need additional parking to become truly useful.

It might be convenient to the housing built nearby but that turned into a failure as sales flopped and they turned into rentals.

But the station is safe and looks nice. Unfortuntly it never solved the problems it was built to solve.
It's not a failure as a transfer station. Prior to Secaucus being built, the only way to switch over from one line to another was to go to Hoboken or Penn Station. Now ALL the NJ Transit lines can be accessed from one place, and you can, for example, take a train from Ridgewood, switch at Secaucus, and take the North Jersey Coast line to the shore.

Old 02-04-2010, 10:28 PM

7,055 posts, read 19,309,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
It's not a failure as a transfer station. Prior to Secaucus being built, the only way to switch over from one line to another was to go to Hoboken or Penn Station. Now ALL the NJ Transit lines can be accessed from one place, and you can, for example, take a train from Ridgewood, switch at Secaucus, and take the North Jersey Coast line to the shore.
Yep! I used it often back in 2005-06 when I lived in New Brunswick and worked in Morristown, but didn't have a car. Boy that was a long commute!

Old 02-05-2010, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lammius View Post
Yep! I used it often back in 2005-06 when I lived in New Brunswick and worked in Morristown, but didn't have a car. Boy that was a long commute!
Talk about taking the long way home! But at least you had a way to get there.

Old 03-02-2010, 12:54 PM

1 posts, read 2,431 times
Default Parking Fee Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by GovMule View Post
After using the station for 3 consecutive days,I can report that the station was not only safe,but very easy to use,and access.
Hi GovMule. May I ask how much you paid in total for parking at that station while you were in NYC and what the daily 24 hr fee was? Was the 24 hr fee any different on weekends? Was there ample parking available? Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey