Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who will you vote for Governor
Jon Corzine 20 27.03%
Chris Christie 44 59.46%
other 4 5.41%
not sure 6 8.11%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2009, 03:16 PM

7,577 posts, read 22,553,512 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudCapMarine View Post
Is he running as an Independent?
Democrat but he sure does sound like an independent... he's not a huge fan of Corzine. He's not a great speaker either..shame as some of what he says sounds good!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2009, 08:21 AM

322 posts, read 1,191,336 times
I find it amazing that anyone with a half of a brain could vote for Corslime after he and his corrupt Democratic buddies have run this state into the ground with their taxing and spending. Unless you're a state worker, welfare recipient or illegal alien, you have no business voting for the Dems. Because those are the only people they represent. While the Republicans in this state also leave a lot to be desired, they aren't half as bad as the Dems who are more corrupt than any organized crime family ever was.

Old 06-05-2009, 08:43 AM

4,152 posts, read 5,015,510 times
you're laying alot at his feet, undeservedly.

it is our municipal & county leaders who have failed us.

could the state gov't/governor have done better at curtailing the local yokels ? sure.

but thinking back to the Whitman (high auto insurance, running up bond debt) and Kean (remember, he raised the sales tax from 5% to 6%) administrations, you're obviously forgetting that the Rep's in NJ hardly have a sterling record...

Old 06-05-2009, 09:58 AM

5,969 posts, read 9,507,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JG183 View Post
but thinking back to the Whitman (high auto insurance, running up bond debt) and Kean (remember, he raised the sales tax from 5% to 6%) administrations, you're obviously forgetting that the Rep's in NJ hardly have a sterling record...
Exactly, a strong independant may be the solution. Republicans have been no better in the past. Maybe Corzine will surprise us and actually put NJ on the right path if he gets re-elected. But lets see how it plays out and how the campaigns are run.

Old 06-05-2009, 09:59 AM

531 posts, read 2,145,586 times
It cracks me up how the NJ GOP's entire campaign so far seems to be based on calling Corzine, Corslime.

Old 06-05-2009, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by syncmaster View Post
It cracks me up how the NJ GOP's entire campaign so far seems to be based on calling Corzine, Corslime.
indeed -- kinda like when John Kerry ran against W in '04 : Kerry's main message seemed to be "I'm not Bush!"

Old 06-05-2009, 06:43 PM

199 posts, read 524,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by syncmaster View Post
It cracks me up how Corzine claims Christie is out of touch with most New Jerseyans, while talking about abortion and George Bush. Irony at its finest.

Old 06-05-2009, 07:18 PM

636 posts, read 1,420,260 times
ANYONE who votes for Corzine is out of their mind or not paying attention.

Old 06-05-2009, 09:36 PM

Corzine is hampered by a crippled economy and the need to make massive cuts in the budget to keep state taxpayers from being overwhelmed.

Yet many of the problems NJ taxpayers face today might have been less severe had the general public agreed to tax toilet paper back in 1990 when then-Governor Jim Florio suggested it.

The toilet paper tax revolt was part of a statewide misinformation campaign waged by the Republicans to take back the statehouse and the state legislature in the early '90s.

Florio was driven out of office because state Republicans sold the public on the concept that taxpayers didn't have to pay for many of the services the state provided.

Christie Whitman successfully beat Florio, and over the next 7 years balanced the budget by raiding the state's unemployment funds, and by not keeping up with mandated pension payments.

Democratic Governor's since Whitman have been struggling not only to fix the problems voters would not allow Florio to fix, but also to fix the problems Whitman's creative accounting created.

The question voters in November will have to decide is : can Corzine fix these problems, or will the state turn to Chris Christie -- who has been endorsed by Whitman...

Old 06-05-2009, 09:51 PM

322 posts, read 1,191,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JG183 View Post
you're laying alot at his feet, undeservedly.

it is our municipal & county leaders who have failed us.

could the state gov't/governor have done better at curtailing the local yokels ? sure.

I'm certainly no fan of witless Whitman either. The woman was a horrible governor. The problem with voting for Corzine is you're just going to get more of the same. He's provided no leadership and failed at all of his previous campaign promises. I'm still waiting for my property taxes to go down. I know it'll be a cold day in hell before they ever do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey