Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2009, 06:53 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,693,520 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnfrisco View Post
Is Insulin the easy way out for the diabetic? I am not going to argue--most will never understand.

I lived most of my life not feeling alive. I know--see Psychiatrists, do this do that, take Cognitive Therapy. I did all that to no benefit. Then I experimented and felt alive for the first time in my life. Now I know what is to experience happiness and joy, but people judge, "that is not natural."
oh come on, insulin for a diabetic is totally different.

im glad oxycontin makes you feel alive. i dont really care what people put in their bodies. i think its better to be able to be happy without drugs but i will just judge and not really care.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2009, 07:26 PM

593 posts, read 1,660,770 times
That's what happens when you're in a state that doesn't have much to do in it. You have to be forced to deal with your demons and as you can see, some people deal with their demons the wrong way. I am one of them. I was handling my little problems that I developed due to boredom and certain things going on in certain ways that had me going around therapists that would tell me the same thing. I was like this close to going on meds due to psychologists trying to put ideas in my head when something in me was telling me that they were just making business and didn't give a... about how I was feeling so I had to cut them off completely and handle it in other ways. I was already messing with some drugs here and there too until I decided to break out of it and do something with myself. It was a little phase, I guess but I'm good now. Sad thing is, I'm bored living like this right now and I miss the same things that were actually bringing me down and messing my head up.

To me though, I think that a lot of people getting sick in the head has to do with where they're at especially in America. America probably has the highest population of mentally ill.

Old 06-03-2009, 07:26 PM

1,079 posts, read 2,501,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
.....those girls were lucky either way, im the man.

HAHAHAH!!!!! and for that comment alone, you ARE the man!!!

Old 06-03-2009, 08:44 PM

4,180 posts, read 5,061,593 times
crutches come in many different forms, some more socially acceptable than others...

anti-depressants
religion
gardening
alcohol
jogging
marijuana
yoga

Old 06-03-2009, 09:30 PM

302 posts, read 2,231,552 times
Well, drugs can really make a difference in a person's life. My wife is an alcoholic and suffers from severe depression. My son is bipolar and my daughter has anxiety from trying too hard to achieve. We keep the the pharmacy in business. Thank God for teacher's benefits; we pay only $1 per prescription.

Old 06-03-2009, 10:27 PM

256 posts, read 841,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JG183 View Post
crutches come in many different forms, some more socially acceptable than others...

anti-depressants
religion
gardening
alcohol
jogging
marijuana
yoga
these are more like hobbys or enjoyable activitys then crutches...

Old 06-03-2009, 10:29 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,413,299 times
im not but 1/2 of people think i am, the other 1/2 wish i were.

Old 06-04-2009, 06:06 AM

7,577 posts, read 22,606,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JG183 View Post

anti-depressants
religion
gardening
alcohol
jogging
marijuana
yoga
Gardening while drinking alcohol usually leads to crutches

Old 06-04-2009, 07:11 AM

1,977 posts, read 7,755,358 times
My only crutch is food. All others are done recreationally. Im not sure why people try to hide what they do unless they feel ashamed on some level. George Carlin (RIP) had it right when he said its the Pussification of America that is harming this country. Tons of whiney crybabies who think life isnt fair and they cant get over it. Everyone needs to play nice, everyone needs to get along, everyone needs to spread the wealth. Its all related because its an outlook on life that is starting to (or maybe already has) become the majority in this country. We all have to learn to live with each other but we DONT have to be nice. We DONT have to play fair. It all starts with the children and we have coddled and protected them from so much for so long that an entire generation has no idea what coping skills are. You protect a child from getting killed by running in the street, you dont protect then from getting a scraped knee or splinter. There are little things in life we NEED to go through, to experience pain and suffering and heartbreak because they teach us that, over time, things WILL be better. Pain WILL heal. It builds confidence and emotional stability. Without these trials and tribulations you get soft crybaby sheeple that do whetever they can to simply not feel the pain instead of having the strength and wherewithall to keep their head up and fight through the situation and come through the other side an even better person. Yes, there are some people that will never be able to do that due to phsycological issues but I simply cannot beleive (will not accept) that these people are becomming a majority.

/rant_over

Old 06-04-2009, 09:12 AM

13,404 posts, read 28,726,919 times
Hey whatever gets you through the night
After a wretched day at work then I80 traffic I thank goodness for the nectar of the gods....a nice Merlot or Cabernet
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: