Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2009, 12:26 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,659,398 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjahedge View Post
You want to be close to the beach (NJ) AND be a quick commute to BROOKLYN?

Not.

Trust me, I have looked.

Quickest way to Brooklyn might be a 3 part commute:

Get to Hoboken
Take PATH to WTC
Take subway to Brooklyn

OR, you can find some train/bus lines in some towns like Montclair (Montclare?) and try your luck with that.

Your best bet would probably be, sadly, going to NYS. Commuting with Metro North to Grand Central and taking the subway from there down to Brooklyn.
public transportation isnt an option for me. it is so labor class. i drive. company pays for my ezpass so the $20.10 a day i pay in tolls doesnt bother me at all. id love for them to raise the tolls so it could clear up traffic a bit more.

Old 06-04-2009, 12:31 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,629,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paperaffection View Post
LOL

I think Homdel is a good fit for you Marlboro too. What about Belle Mead or Princeton or West Windsor?

Too many minorities for him to feel comfortable.

At least that is my hope.

Old 06-04-2009, 12:51 PM

531 posts, read 2,149,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
when i went to marlboro high school there were 33 blacks in the school. i remember one of them threatened to grabs my nuts and squeeze them on the lunch line.
Let me guess, you tried to teabag him?

Old 06-04-2009, 12:52 PM

136 posts, read 722,848 times
Quote:
public transportation isnt an option for me. it is so labor class. i drive. company pays for my ezpass so the $20.10 a day i pay in tolls doesnt bother me at all. id love for them to raise the tolls so it could clear up traffic a bit more.

May we ask what line of work you're in?

Old 06-04-2009, 01:02 PM

3,219 posts, read 6,578,159 times
Quote:
i am not totally new to new jersey but i dont know much outside my bubble of a world so id like some input.

anyway, i am 28 and live with my wife who married me for my money and she isnt working. she is doing lunches with the ladies while i work like a slave for the man. ok, back to the subject at hand.
Here's my input:
Forget about a budget for a house!!! Read on.

No offense but, IMO you should get the heck OUT of your marriage NOWWWWWW and cut your losses now before you purchase something that'll be hers eventually while you still pay for it! She sounds like a freeloader and will bilk you for every last dime and blood in the end especially if you get her pregnant a few times. She's probably talking to her lunch friends about the whole strategy. Believe me I speak to MANY Men that were in the same situation as you to not heed my advice and get shafted later by the Kangaroo fem-biased courts. Take this seriously friend!

Old 06-04-2009, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by syncmaster View Post
Let me guess, you tried to teabag him?
i just walked to the back of the line. i didnt say a word to him. i was caught off guard by the threat. looking back i should have knocked him out cold and possibly teabagged him.

Old 06-04-2009, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thosepeskyfacts View Post
May we ask what line of work you're in?
i am a cashier for the mta subway system in nyc. i make 250k plus family health coverage and a huge pension. i dont have a high school degree and i barely speak english. when people come up to me to buy metro cards i am usually too busy reading the newspaper to help them.

Old 06-04-2009, 01:14 PM

Quote:
i just walked to the back of the line. i didnt say a word to him.
You weren't dressed in white bedsheets, were you?

Old 06-04-2009, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njguy View Post
Here's my input:
Forget about a budget for a house!!! Read on.

No offense but, IMO you should get the heck OUT of your marriage NOWWWWWW and cut your losses now before you purchase something that'll be hers eventually while you still pay for it! She sounds like a freeloader and will bilk you for every last dime and blood in the end especially if you get her pregnant a few times. She's probably talking to her lunch friends about the whole strategy. Believe me I speak to MANY Men that were in the same situation as you to not heed my advice and get shafted later by the Kangaroo fem-biased courts. Take this seriously friend!
i appreciate the advice but i was joking around there. every choice my wife has made with regard to work has been with my input. the ladies she goes to lunch with is my mother and her friends so its probably not best to discuss these strategies with them. we are very happily married and there is no way she would have a better quality of life without me.

Old 06-04-2009, 01:17 PM

Quote:
i appreciate the advice but i was joking around there. every choice my wife has made with regard to work has been with my input. the ladies she goes to lunch with is my mother and her friends so its probably not best to discuss these strategies with them. we are very happily married and there is no way she would have a better quality of life without me.
Do you let her hang out with you at the cash booth?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey