Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2009, 06:33 PM

1 posts, read 1,278 times

Advertisements

I know a town that would be perfect for you:
* Nice houses on the 600-700k range
* Convenient commute to Brooklyn and Jersey Shore
* Close to the Parkway
* 97.60 % white

The only thing is I'm not sure if the neighbors would be happy if you moved there, unless you don't mind what the neighbors think ... but they are very particular who moves there ... so I don't it would be a good fit for you and family...

Good luck,
LN

Old 06-04-2009, 08:10 PM

2,771 posts, read 6,275,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by syncmaster View Post
Not that unusual if he's an ibanker.
I doubt that he is though. He works in Brooklyn, and he learned most of what he knows about the subprime crisis from listening to Rush Limbaugh.

Old 06-04-2009, 09:35 PM

392 posts, read 842,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
oh im not sure if its clear, i am not middle class. im upper middle, so not looking for a blue collar area. i am snobby and look down on everybody. my top consideration now is holmdel. i wouldnt mind morganville, marlboro, manalapan, freehold but those places are a little worse on the commute than my current situation.
Holmdel is your best bet, but with "only $600k" to spend in Holmdel, you will be in a "poor" development and could not fullfill your snobbish desires.

My advice, increase the budget by 200k now or wait one more year as prices freefall with continued rising mortgage rates and unemployment.

Old 06-05-2009, 07:33 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,693,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyNarnia View Post
I know a town that would be perfect for you:
* Nice houses on the 600-700k range
* Convenient commute to Brooklyn and Jersey Shore
* Close to the Parkway
* 97.60 % white

The only thing is I'm not sure if the neighbors would be happy if you moved there, unless you don't mind what the neighbors think ... but they are very particular who moves there ... so I don't it would be a good fit for you and family...

Good luck,
LN
that place sounds awesome! im sure the neighbors will love me. i promise to shower with the blinds open!

Old 06-05-2009, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmonger View Post
Holmdel is your best bet, but with "only $600k" to spend in Holmdel, you will be in a "poor" development and could not fullfill your snobbish desires.

My advice, increase the budget by 200k now or wait one more year as prices freefall with continued rising mortgage rates and unemployment.
in addition to limiting my desire to give the corrupt government my tax money, i also do not want that large of a house. i want a very nice house that looks good and wont have maintenance issues, but not overly large. once you get over 700k in holmdel you are looking at 3,000+ square feet (i actually see 4,000+ square feet homes listed for under 700k there). then i have my wife needing a cleaning lady, complaining that the dog is pooping in other rooms, paying to keep the house 65 degrees all year long, having rooms i never set foot in, etc. even though i am very sophisticated and super chic i dont need to throw it in everyone's faces with a gigantic house.

Old 06-05-2009, 09:10 AM

1,482 posts, read 3,126,280 times
Quote:
public transportation isnt an option for me. it is so labor class. i drive. company pays for my ezpass so the $20.10 a day i pay in tolls doesnt bother me at all. id love for them to raise the tolls so it could clear up traffic a bit more.
Your feigned pomposity lacks any real resonance in the land of humor.

Suffice to say, even your magical car will find it tought going THROUGH Manhattan at Rush Hour. Unless you plan on coming in with the delivery crew (6-7 am) you will find delays at all crossings that would be convenient to your commute.

The only one that seems to bear less is the Holland, but you would have to skirt around the FDR to take the Brooklyn, Manhattan or Williamsburg bridges (or, Mr. Moneybags, you could also take the BBT).

Suffice to say you are asking for too much in your request to be feasable.

When cars fly, get back to me.

Old 06-05-2009, 09:13 AM

1,482 posts, read 3,126,280 times
Quote:
i guess because i responded to your "what line of work are you in" question with a joke. it makes sense for you to get that feeling i suppose. i am not unemployed but i dont have any desire to give you any additional detail about my line of work. sorry for the inconvenience.

It isn't inconvenient, it is just hostile.

No need to give your life's story here, but when you make unreasonable requests and mock those trying to genuinely help you are trolling.

Keep it up.

Old 06-05-2009, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjahedge View Post
Your feigned pomposity lacks any real resonance in the land of humor.

Suffice to say, even your magical car will find it tought going THROUGH Manhattan at Rush Hour. Unless you plan on coming in with the delivery crew (6-7 am) you will find delays at all crossings that would be convenient to your commute.

The only one that seems to bear less is the Holland, but you would have to skirt around the FDR to take the Brooklyn, Manhattan or Williamsburg bridges (or, Mr. Moneybags, you could also take the BBT).

Suffice to say you are asking for too much in your request to be feasable.

When cars fly, get back to me.
i dont drive through manhattan. you may not have much experience coming from central new jersey. i take either the goethels or outerbridge to staten island then the verazano into brooklyn.

Old 06-05-2009, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjahedge View Post
It isn't inconvenient, it is just hostile.

No need to give your life's story here, but when you make unreasonable requests and mock those trying to genuinely help you are trolling.

Keep it up.
you are being ridiculous. the line of work that i am in isnt pertinent to this discussion. if you wish to give me a hard time please make more sense when you do so.

Old 06-05-2009, 09:23 AM

20 posts, read 63,591 times
My brother and his wife live in Brooklyn and she works in Hoboken. says it's total hell on some days getting back and forth to work. If I were you I'd try to find a home close to work but that's just me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey