Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2009, 06:50 PM

5,969 posts, read 9,561,897 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan View Post
So........your perspective is that its Ok to charge taxpayers to sit on a beach that they already pay taxes to the state to maintain ? Thats double taxing ? Whats the limit here.....tripple taxing, quadrupple taxing ? At what point to you feel your being taken advantage of and stand up and say I've had enough or do you just keep swallowing what the politicians throw at you ?
You sir are a

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2009, 06:57 PM

1,340 posts, read 3,697,830 times
Quote:
So........your perspective is that its Ok to charge taxpayers to sit on a beach that they already pay taxes to the state to maintain ? Thats double taxing ? Whats the limit here.....tripple taxing, quadrupple taxing ? At what point to you feel your being taken advantage of and stand up and say I've had enough or do you just keep swallowing what the politicians throw at you ? Where is the line in the sand between crying and having a realistic gripe ?
I by NO MEANS agree with the beach tag fees. But I am not sitting here complaining that it costs $100 to take the family down to the beach. (which is where the line was clearly crossed from a realistic gripe and crying)

NJ is not perfect and I bet I agree with 90% of your gripes about this state. High property taxes, toll roads, beach tags, etc... There is clearly drawbacks and if I was struggling to get by I may consider a move to a nearby state like DE or PA. But those states may solve a few of the problems NJ has but ends up creating new ones you never thought of or knew existed.

But overall I think NJ offers a lot of great things that make it a place I like to live for now. Maybe in a few years I will start to change my mind but I don't see that happening anytime soon.

And I am CLEARLY not in the top 5% of anything in this state. I just live within my means and decided to not waste money having children.

Old 06-09-2009, 07:06 PM

2,510 posts, read 3,976,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatasNJ View Post
I by NO MEANS agree with the beach tag fees. But I am not sitting here complaining that it costs $100 to take the family down to the beach.
And thats exactly why the politicians keep piling on the fees and taxes. Silence is concent......they sit in their back rooms and laugh at how gullible and stupid we are......why should they even attempt to change if we allow ourselves to keep being lead to the slaughter without protest.

Old 06-09-2009, 07:08 PM

Quote:
I just live within my means and decided to not waste money having children.
Children are a waste of money ???????

Old 06-09-2009, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DailyJournalist View Post
You sir are a
As long as you call me Sir I have no complaints. I'm glad you have come to recognize that.

Old 06-09-2009, 07:10 PM

Quote:
And thats exactly why the politicians keep piling on the fees and taxes. Silence is concent......they sit in their back rooms and laugh at how gullible and stupid we are......why should they even attempt to change if we allow ourselves to keep being lead to the slaughter without protest.
I am sure your many posts complaining will tell those dirty crooks.

Sadly every state has their hands in your pocket no matter what you do. They just each pick a different pocket but they all get their money.

Protest properly I am all for it. Personally I have better things to do with my time...

Old 06-09-2009, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Protest properly I am all for it. Personally I have better things to do with my time...
Like......pay your taxes ???

Old 06-09-2009, 07:12 PM

5,969 posts, read 9,561,897 times
Quote:
What you must understand is that some of us have lived in other states and know first hand that NJ is not as bad as you make it sound. Other states have much worse problems. Many of us enjoy it here and can make a good life for our families, so Im happy.

Old 06-09-2009, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Children are a waste of money ???????
I think so since I would rather have my time, money, hobbies, & life. No brainer there my friend. I have all day and night to argue on web forums, go out anytime to eat at the many fine italian restaurants, spend time with my wife, or spend money on vacations & hobbies with no remorse or regret. No diapers to change, no kid to worry about, no teenager to punish, no college to pay for, no worries at all on that front.

Old 06-09-2009, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Like......pay your taxes ???
I pay someone to do that for me as well. hahaha.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey