Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2009, 08:52 AM

9 posts, read 24,949 times

Advertisements

Hi, we've been searching for a house in Paramus and we hope somebody can give us an honest opinion about the commute to George Washington Bridge station by bus. Where are the bus stops in Paramus and what do you do when it's not whithin walking distance. Are there any parking lots close to bus stops? Our real estate agent told us many people just park at the mall parking lot. Is that true? My concern is when you park there at 6 am when the mall is still closed, do you get towed away or get a ticket? How long does it usually take to get GWB station during rush hour, is there a bus lane on the highway or does it get stuck in traffic? Thanks for any info.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2009, 09:34 AM

35 posts, read 228,803 times
There is a park and ride in the GS plaza that takes you to the GWB...check NJ Transit for routes and express times....no issues with parking. Depending on where you are in paramus, you can also try the park and ride on the GS parkway exit 165.

Old 06-08-2009, 09:43 AM

5,772 posts, read 16,584,927 times
I don't know any of the detials myself but suggest you start with the NJ Transit website then also, and I don't like to promote the racists at Google, but Google Maps has bus and train stations and directions by mass transit online too.

Old 06-08-2009, 01:44 PM

229 posts, read 923,415 times
there are several bus lines from there. My ex drives to teh Vince Lombardi service area then busses in and it is about 35 minutes to 23rd st and Madison.

Old 06-08-2009, 01:45 PM

279 posts, read 1,348,054 times
The Park and Rides in Paramus will take you to the Port Authority in Midtown Manhattan, not the GW bus station. If you need to get to the GW bus station, then you will need to go onto the nj transit website to see which buses go there and you will most probably need to transfer buses.

Old 06-10-2009, 06:13 PM

2 posts, read 3,513 times
My husband uses the buses at the Garden State Parkway to get into work. You would be able to find houses in the Paramus location near that area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey