Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2007, 07:21 AM

110 posts, read 394,209 times

Advertisements

I'm looking to move back to NJ from NC in the fall. That is not a typo

I know its early still, but I would like to know the names of employment agencies in Central/South Jersey. Ideally, I would like permanent employment, but willing to look at temp to perm opportunites. Just trying to get my ducks in a row.

Thanks a bunch guys !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2007, 10:56 AM

Location: Lived Large in Parsippany NJ - Lived Larger in Livingston, NJ -- Now Living Huge in Bethlehem PA
466 posts, read 2,199,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkiegirl16 View Post

I know its early still, but I would like to know the names of employment agencies in Central/South Jersey. Ideally, I would like permanent employment, but willing to look at temp to perm opportunites. Just trying to get my ducks in a row.

Thanks a bunch guys !
========================

What are you really looking for - jobwise...?

Some agencies:

Robert Half
Baker
Officeteam
Brickforce
UNITEMP
Atrium
Accountemps
Manpower
Staffmark
Career Initiatives

Hope it helps...!!!

Old 04-12-2007, 11:13 AM

197 posts, read 798,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkiegirl16 View Post

Thanks a bunch guys !
Why are you moving back to jersey from NC? Did you have false expectations? This is coming from somebody just starting out, can't afford to buy a house, and considering relocating possibly down south in the future? Just tired of the high costs associated with NJ.

Old 04-12-2007, 03:42 PM

110 posts, read 394,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam23 View Post
Why are you moving back to jersey from NC? Did you have false expectations? This is coming from somebody just starting out, can't afford to buy a house, and considering relocating possibly down south in the future? Just tired of the high costs associated with NJ.
I think it varies for each person. I want to start off by saying that NC is as beautiful as people say it is. It has qualities that easily attract people from the northeast. I think the first one is the home prices and lower property taxes. Homes are far less expensive in NC and so are the property taxes. The climate is better in winter (as far as I was able to tell) and overall its really a nice place to be.

When my husband and I came down, it was the "lower cost of living" that attracted us among other things. But, there were things we didn't consider. For example, NC taxes are higher than NJ. My paycheck was smaller when I moved down here. Second, I was due up for a salary increase that was denied because "I make too much for this region". So, after more than a decade in the industry and excellent reviews, no merit increase. Next, is the more personal reasons: living apart from family and friends and those routines that you've come to enjoy.

My best advice to you is to choose wisely. A move as big as this has more facets to it than just "lower cost of living". Make sure its what YOU really want because if you do decide to leave NJ, it will be difficult to return in most cases. There are a lot of people coming down here and I'm sure in most cases, the lifestyle is the reason. Believe me, that is changing quickly with all the transplants coming down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey