Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2009, 12:40 PM

13,404 posts, read 28,723,726 times

Advertisements

[quote=Ms.Charlotte;9209775]LOL, I actually thought of putting Mr.Softee down too. I'm going to show my age and ask if anyone remembers the Snoopy Cones??

And NYC is not allowed on the list! [/QUOTE]

Sorry, I just couldn't think of a Nj steak house I tried & liked..hubbie used to take me to I think the name was Steve's in East Rutherford if we were going to Meadowlands but I wasn't impressed not impressed with Arthurs either..all though not a steak house The Quiet Man in Dover makes a good steak
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2009, 01:29 PM

6,183 posts, read 6,073,491 times
Burgers I vote for 5 Guys in South Orange

Old 06-09-2009, 04:36 PM

2,865 posts, read 9,365,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002 View Post
Burgers I vote for 5 Guys in South Orange
That's a Chain, you can get that anywhere. We have about 3 close by.

Diane G

Old 06-09-2009, 05:46 PM

1,471 posts, read 3,460,465 times
OK, here are my choices:

1.Bagels-Saddle River Road Hot Bagels, Fair Lawn

2.Mexican-Hacienda, Paterson (Honorable mention: El Norte in Lodi)

3.Pizza-Sore spot for me, as the best pizza in Bergen County, Bricks, is no more. Turvino's in Glen Rock is probably my favorite right now.

4.Steakhouse-River Palm, Mahwah/River Edge/Fair Lawn

5.Ice Cream- Applegate Farms, Montclair & a few other locations

6.Chinese- Chengdu 1, Cedar Grove

7.Seafood- Oceano's, Fair Lawn (Seafood Gourmet in Maywood also has a good tiny restaurant in their seafood store, and they're a lot cheaper than Oceano's).

8.Deli/Sub Shop- Hmm. Have to subdivide this one. Jewish Deli - Kosher Nosh, Glen Rock (Honorable mention for Petak's in Fair Lawn.) Italian Deli- Italian Riviera in Waldwick (Honorable Mention for La Strada in Midland Park)

9.Bakery-Have to subdivide again. Quality, where $$$ is not an object? Patisserie St. Michel in Teaneck. Best Bang for the Buck? Belmont Bakery in North Haledon. Many of the items in the new Fairway Market in Paramus have impressed me as well.

10.Burgers-Tough one. Can't think of any non-chains that have an incredible burger in this area. I like Five Guys' burgers.

Old 06-09-2009, 07:04 PM

1,574 posts, read 4,754,940 times
Patisserie St. Michel! I couldn't think of the name. It is an awesome bakery. They made my wedding cake..yum!

Old 06-10-2009, 09:10 AM

6,183 posts, read 6,073,491 times
I lost my self-respect at the Chicken and Rib Crib in Hawthorne

Old 06-10-2009, 09:31 AM

88,564 posts, read 84,755,078 times
I'll second the "honorable mention" for La Strada in Midland Park. Their No. 1 Italian sub is wonderful--good bread.

Old 06-10-2009, 10:04 AM

467 posts, read 1,489,001 times
Ok, here's my take...If you like steak and lobster or other fish....You have to try El Cid in Paramus,
It's right on Paramus Road....Fabulous lobster, it's a Spanish Restaurant, been there for ever..trust me
you will love it...It's very crowded on the weekends....Bakery....Love Carlo's in Hoboken, Giancarelli's
in Bloomfield...Calandra's in Fairfield or the new "Italian Village" in Caldwell on Bloomfield Ave. Pizza:
Just about any pizza parlour (not the chain ones, ie., Domino's Pizza hut, etc.) usually good. Deli's
Italian: Andrea's salumeria, Central Ave. Jersey City, near Manhattan Ave. Calandra's Italian Village has
good Italian food and pizza too......

Old 06-10-2009, 11:09 AM

4,085 posts, read 8,786,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Charlotte View Post
I've seen lots of threads on the "best" pizza, mexican, etc. so I thought it would be fun (and helpful) to have a thread dedicated to food.

Please give your faves and the town the restaurant is located in!

1.Bagels - Bagel Buffet, Secaucus; Paramus Hot Bagels, Rt. 17, Paramus (their Vegetable bagel is an amazing thing)

2.Mexican - Baja Fresh, East Rutherford

3.Pizza - Pizza Town, Rt 46 Elmwood Park (right after exiting the GSP southbound off ramp); Giovanni's, Hoboken; Grimaldi's, Hoboken (orig. is in Brooklyn); Denino's, Aberdeen (orig. is in Staten Island); Park Pizza, Park Ridge; Kinchley's, Ramsey; and from the past, Marcy's, Park Ridge, RIP.

4.Steakhouse - The Park Steakhouse, Park Ridge; Arthur's, Hoboken/Emerson (but their steaks aren't that great, just big portions and prices are reasonable; burgers are awesome); Ruth's Chris, Weehawken

5.Ice Cream - Thomas Sweets, New Brunswick; Dairy Queen, Emerson; haven't been there yet, but I have heard and read about and seen on TV all about Jersey Freeze in Freehold, so I'm sure that's one of the best, and I'll be going soon

6.Chinese - Golden Dynasty, Hillsdale

7.Seafood - Lobster Shanty, Point Pleasant; Chart House, Weehawken

8.Deli/Sub Shop - M&P Biancamano, Hoboken; Harold's Jewish Deli, Edison, Parsippany; any Wawa, anywhere, for their hoagies; Quick Checks are OK for subs also; Jersey Mike's, anywhere; Casa Del Sol, Hillsdale (but it's overpriced, I think)

9.Bakery - I'm not a big bakery person - B&W in Hackensack is a good one, also we have an excellent cake shop in Park Ridge called Le Petit Gateau; Calandra's in Fairfield is good also.

10.Burgers - White Manna, Hackensack; White Manna, Jersey City; White Rose, Highland Park; Grease Trucks, New Brunswick; Houston's, Hackensack (or any other location)

Last edited by BergenCountyJohnny; 06-10-2009 at 11:23 AM..

Old 06-10-2009, 11:27 AM

1,574 posts, read 4,754,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BergenCountyJohnny View Post

10.Burgers - White Manna, Hackensack; White Manna, Jersey City; White Rose, Highland Park; Grease Trucks, New Brunswick; Houston's, Hackensack (or any other location)
You know, I grew up 10 minutes from White Manna and have never eaten there! I guess I'll have to make the trip one day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey