Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2009, 10:39 AM

5,616 posts, read 15,513,457 times

Advertisements

let him post what he wants, hey you post the negitive , he posts the positive. This way it all balances out!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2009, 10:43 AM

636 posts, read 1,423,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevemorse View Post
let him post what he wants, hey you post the negitive , he posts the positive. This way it all balances out!
His stories aren't even positive. Not only does he not read the article, he doesn't even read the entire TITLE. Read the second half of each title, it's like he's trying to fail on purpose. Too easy.

Retail sales rise 0.5%, but it's mostly higher prices

Foreclosures in May fall from April, rise from year ago

Initial jobless claims fall; ongoing claims set record

Old 06-18-2009, 11:02 AM

1,340 posts, read 3,696,702 times
Do you see me creating a new thread everyday like this troll? NO....
It just makes more sense to post these links into an exisiting thread. Thats all.
Post all you want but no need to create endless threads of this debate.

Old 06-18-2009, 11:53 AM

4,177 posts, read 5,055,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatasNJ View Post
Do you see me creating a new thread everyday like this troll? NO....
It just makes more sense to post these links into an exisiting thread. Thats all.
Post all you want but no need to create endless threads of this debate.
I initially thought posters like Lusitan, halfoffpeak, and the other super-bears were trolls.

but regardles of how much I disagreed with them, I never called them trolls.

funny how you don't criticize any threads that match your position.

as for why I don't put "substantiating" info behind the links -- I used to do this, but the peanut gallery on here would always find some obscure caveat which would then be blown up & spun to the point of totally confusing the casual reader.

Old 06-18-2009, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevemorse View Post
thank you

more good news on this rainy day --

"The risk of inflation is still out there, but it's not immediate by any means," said Peter Cardillo, chief market economist at Avalon Partners in New York. "Some of the fears we saw along those lines recently were really exaggerated."

MarketWatch.com Story

Leading indicators up, over 6 months, for first time in 2 years; 7 of the 10 indicators improved in May: delivery times, the interest-rate spread, stock prices, money supply, consumer expectations, building permits, and capital-goods orders. 3 fell: Factory work hours, initial jobless claims, and consumer-goods orders....in a separate report today, the Philly Fed index rose to -2.2 in June, from -22.6 in May. New orders and shipments improved, indicating the best business conditions in the Philadelphia region since September.

The Conference Board Leading Economic Indexâ„¢ (LEI) for the U.S. Improves Again

Old 06-18-2009, 12:07 PM

231 posts, read 587,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JG183 View Post
I initially thought posters like Lusitan, halfoffpeak, and the other super-bears were trolls.

but regardles of how much I disagreed with them, I never called them trolls.

funny how you don't criticize any threads that match your position.

as for why I don't put "substantiating" info behind the links -- I used to do this, but the peanut gallery on here would always find some obscure caveat which would then be blown up & spun to the point of totally confusing the casual reader.
JG, you're a glass half full type of guy... nothing wrong with that. If I were you, here's something I'd say that would be less likely to be picked apart:

Quote:
Post Link...
Initial Jobless claims fall; ongoing claims set record

Your thoughts: Both new jobless claims and ongoing claims appear to have peaked or be close peaking. This could be evidence that we are currently at a bottom in terms of unemployment and have nowhere to go but up. If this trend continues, weekly new claims should continue to fall and continuing claims will follow suit.
It might also be helpful to acknowledge some of the other pertinent factors such as those who aren't eligible for unemployment, who are now "self-employed", and under employed. Show that you understand the different facets of a topic or admit that you don't. That's ok too!

The above would be a thoughful post that reflects optimism and would not be trashed by myself and others as baseless, blind faith. Put some thought into your posts and they will be respected by others in the group.

Last edited by goonsquad; 06-18-2009 at 12:07 PM.. Reason: Fixed some punctuation

Old 06-18-2009, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goonsquad View Post
Put some thought into your posts and they will be respected by others in the group.
like I've said -- I tried that tact, to no avail.

I may return to posting as you suggest, but for now I'll just put enough effort in (to get people thinking) and y'all can fill in the blanks

i.e. I don't want to push the car anymore, I'll just steer

Old 06-19-2009, 04:05 AM

79 posts, read 127,530 times
Problem is that all you manage to do is post links that, when objectively analyzed, directly contradict your position.

Old 06-22-2009, 12:52 PM

Home sales probably increased in May, economists are forecasting. Sales of existing homes probably rose about 4%, to a seasonally adjusted annual rate of 4.85 million, according to a survey of economists. It would be the best sales pace since October. The data will be released on Tuesday (June 23).

Meanwhile, sales of new homes probably rose about 2% in May, to a seasonally adjusted annual rate of 360,000, which would support the idea that sales bottomed at 329,000 in January, about 75% below the peak reached in the summer of 2005. The data will be released Wednesday (June 24).

Higher home sales have been the holy grail of economic bulls for about 4 years now. Higher sales would be a bullish sign, if they weren't being distorted by the government's massive intervention in the housing markets.

The Fed has driven interest rates down to nearly zero in an effort to revive the housing market. Meanwhile, the Congress handed every new homebuyer an $8,000 check and has ordered the Federal Housing Administration, Fannie Mae, and Freddie Mac to write more mortgages.

With those incentives, it's no surprise that about half the home sales are going to first-time buyers, a segment that's usually only about 20% of the market. Another large proportion is being sold to real estate investors who are snapping up foreclosures (to rent out, or to flip).

MarketWatch.com Story

Old 06-22-2009, 01:04 PM

1,340 posts, read 3,696,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JG183 View Post
Home sales probably increased in May, economists are forecasting. Sales of existing homes probably rose about 4%, to a seasonally adjusted annual rate of 4.85 million, according to a survey of economists. It would be the best sales pace since October. The data will be released on Tuesday (June 23).

Meanwhile, sales of new homes probably rose about 2% in May, to a seasonally adjusted annual rate of 360,000, which would support the idea that sales bottomed at 329,000 in January, about 75% below the peak reached in the summer of 2005. The data will be released Wednesday (June 24).

Higher home sales have been the holy grail of economic bulls for about 4 years now. Higher sales would be a bullish sign, if they weren't being distorted by the government's massive intervention in the housing markets.

The Fed has driven interest rates down to nearly zero in an effort to revive the housing market. Meanwhile, the Congress handed every new homebuyer an $8,000 check and has ordered the Federal Housing Administration, Fannie Mae, and Freddie Mac to write more mortgages.

With those incentives, it's no surprise that about half the home sales are going to first-time buyers, a segment that's usually only about 20% of the market. Another large proportion is being sold to real estate investors who are snapping up foreclosures (to rent out, or to flip).

MarketWatch.com Story
And yet you still call that "recovery!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey