Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2009, 01:03 PM

138 posts, read 610,567 times

Advertisements

I will be moving next month, within Rahway. I searched the forum and came up with these recommended moving companies:

University Van Lines
Atlas Metro Movers
Able Metro Movers
Two Men & a Truck
Liberty Van Lines

Can anyone elaborate on these? Praise or complaints?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2009, 06:57 AM

13 posts, read 49,213 times
I haven't used any of those movers, but I would highly recommend checking any mover out on the NJ BBB website first - New Jersey Consumer and Business Reviews, Reports, Ratings, Complaints and Accredited Business Listi - New Jersey BBB. You can look them up individually or just do a search on movers and scroll through the list to find the ones you listed. You may even find other companies to consider. I once interviewed a mover that I got a queasy felling about, even though they were dressed great, had a glossy brochure, answered the phone promptly. etc. After looking them up on the BBB I discovered they had like three dozen complaints against them in the last three years which was off the charts. Anyway, I ended up with another mover that I checked out on the BBB website and they worked great. Good luck!

Old 06-12-2009, 07:05 AM

7,577 posts, read 22,607,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majesty318 View Post
I will be moving next month, within Rahway. I searched the forum and came up with these recommended moving companies:

University Van Lines
Atlas Metro Movers
Able Metro Movers
Two Men & a Truck
Liberty Van Lines

Thanks!
I typically try to avoid "A" names... they tend to be the busiest as they are typically listed 1st in the phone book and most people are too lazy to look down the line to the B's, C's, etc.
All moving companies have their reps..mostly bad. Definately look for a recommendation from someone who actually used a company and has good things to say about them. Also, make sure that they are INSURED! fully insured for damage, loss, etc. and read the contract carefully!

Old 06-12-2009, 07:17 AM

3,269 posts, read 9,935,547 times
Quote:

University Van Lines
Atlas Metro Movers
Able Metro Movers
Two Men & a Truck
Liberty Van Lines

Thanks!
Best place for research is Moving: How to avoid Moving Company Scams and go to "the super list" and then NJ.

Old 06-12-2009, 07:24 AM

531 posts, read 2,899,302 times
You'll find everything you need to know on the Movingscam web site linked to above. I can tell you that I used All Brunswick 3 years ago and my experience was awesome.

Old 06-12-2009, 08:21 AM

138 posts, read 610,567 times
Thanks, all - I saw posts about the Movingscam website, but I couldn't figure out how to use it! University Van Lines is listed as an outstanding performer, and they are in Rahway, so I will probably go with them. Appreciate the advice!

Old 06-12-2009, 09:02 AM

19 posts, read 139,858 times
Go with a local company.

Palmieri Movers - 732-356-2454, based in Bridgewater.

I've used them and referred them twice, flawless projects and very affordable.

Good luck

Old 09-07-2011, 11:32 PM

1 posts, read 2,231 times
Quote:

University Van Lines
Atlas Metro Movers
Able Metro Movers
Two Men & a Truck
Liberty Van Lines

Thanks!

Those guys are pretty high, if your trying to save money check out these guys [url=http://www.south-jersey-movers.com]Practical Movers, Moving Company, Relocation Services, local moving company, long distance moving company[/url] or call Practical Movers - (856) 882-8155
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: