U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2009, 04:12 PM

256 posts, read 781,484 times

Advertisements

The attack ads are all over TV....

I watched the Yankees game today and I saw Corzine ads attacking Christie at least 5 times. And now I am watching a movie on TNT and the same thing is occurring...

Isnt it a little early for this?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2009, 04:29 PM

3,777 posts, read 4,176,029 times
the story needs to be told about Christie, he's had a nice honeymoon so far

Old 06-14-2009, 07:47 PM

119 posts, read 441,396 times
Even if all the attack ads are true (which I wouldn't have a clue, as I know nothing about Chris Christie) wouldn't even a dead chimp run NJ better than Corzine at this point?

Old 06-14-2009, 08:15 PM

10,426 posts, read 47,145,496 times
Are you suggesting that the best man will not win but rather the man with the most money wins?

Nawwwww.....can't be. Not in America anyway.

Right now I think Kim Jong could beat Corslime

Old 06-14-2009, 09:10 PM

19,270 posts, read 13,884,234 times
Default how can Christe win against $$$$$? easy

Gullible and shortsided voters are easily duped by all the publicity money can buy.

Money spent should be irrelevant when held up against facts.

Problem is all the average guy knows is what is in the biased broadcast and print media. That is the only information source we have. Unless the voter has a 'pewter' and the time to research state records he will go with what Charlie down at the Gulf station told him.

'Slight of tongue' claims and counterclaims are all true categorically when defended in legalese.

When have you not heard of a negative claim against an opponent where the candidate voted no on a bill to saved speckled puppies. The rest of the story is that the bill included a hunting season on bald eagles in NJ. That 'rest of the story' ommission is despicable!

Case in point, a law is passed that prevents elected officials from holding more than one office. Wording on the bill reads, "...applies only to newly elected officials".

Corzines camp has a press release which claims a huge victory for ethics reform. The wording implies all dual office holding is now illegal and subject to heavy fines and punishment. They neglect to mention it only applies to 'NEWLY' elected officials and that according to one news article 17 dual office holders are still in business as they were 'grandfathered in by the new ethics law and 2 more dual office holders were added after the bill was passed for a total of 19 dual office holders. Included in the press release were testimonial statement from Jon's side of the aisle. Anyone reading that press release will be mislead as to what actually had been accomplished.

Read their statements carefully and you can see the measured words and calculated sentences used to categorically praise the passage of the bill. Slime balls one and all. Find similar examples on both sides of the aisle. Voter beware!

Old 06-15-2009, 12:38 AM

17,602 posts, read 17,121,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingo99 View Post
The attack ads are all over TV....

I.....today and I saw Corzine ads attacking Christie at least 5 times. And now I am watching a movie on TNT and the same thing is occurring...
When will Corzine's ads spell out the specifics on, uh, Corzine?

Maybe he'll promise to keep the promises of the last gubernatorial campaign.

And this time he'll mean it!!!!!

Old 06-15-2009, 04:12 AM

5,617 posts, read 14,582,777 times
honestly he cant, I would be suprised if he does not win.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey