Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2009, 12:25 AM

11 posts, read 39,694 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone,

I am moving to a new apartment and I'm looking to furnish it. Does anyone know of furniture stores that sell nice quality furniture at reasonable prices? I'm looking for bedroom, living room, and dining room sets with an overall price of no more than $5,000.

I will not own a car when I move so the stores need to be accessible by public transportation.

I would also like the delivery of the furniture to be within a a week of the time that is bought.

Thanks in advance for all you assistance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2009, 06:39 AM

1,495 posts, read 5,045,275 times
I;ve bought from Manito furniture in west new york NJ. Three years ago I bought a dining set, mattress set, bookshelf, desk, futon, dresser for about 2.5k. YOu can take the light rail to hoboken and then to the 48st stop in union city and walk from there because i think it's on 53rd or 52nd street. They deliver fast because they usually have a lot in stock.

If someone could possible get you to river road in the Target strip mall area there is a big furniture store going out of business with low prices.

Old 06-21-2009, 09:00 AM

5,251 posts, read 13,810,922 times
look on craigslist.. North Jersey, Furniture, Jersey City " " < type of furniture

Old 06-21-2009, 10:49 AM

2,771 posts, read 6,274,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desibuff View Post
Hi everyone,

I am moving to a new apartment and I'm looking to furnish it. Does anyone know of furniture stores that sell nice quality furniture at reasonable prices? I'm looking for bedroom, living room, and dining room sets with an overall price of no more than $5,000.

I will not own a car when I move so the stores need to be accessible by public transportation.

I would also like the delivery of the furniture to be within a a week of the time that is bought.

Thanks in advance for all you assistance.
There are a bunch of places around Journal Square that sell low cost furniture. These places are generally pretty good about scheduling very timely deliveries if you're local.

Alternatively, for some reasonably priced design furniture, try Jensen Lewis or West Elm in Chelsea. Both of these places will deliver to Jersey City.

Old 06-21-2009, 05:58 PM

831 posts, read 2,437,038 times
See if you have a value city furniture around you, they have great deals and nice furniture. They also do business as American Signature. I've gotten some great things from them, they even have a clearance section.

Old 06-22-2009, 06:36 AM

239 posts, read 1,140,993 times
go to Ikea in Elizabeth. Furniture is good quality for great prices. For an extra charge they will deliver.

Old 06-22-2009, 04:35 PM

7 posts, read 22,677 times
Ikea has some cheap stuff. You can buy a wholebedroom bedroom set for $600.

Old 06-24-2009, 08:44 PM

11 posts, read 39,694 times
Thank you all so much for your responses. I have it all written down for when I go next week. =D

Old 06-24-2009, 09:41 PM

5,340 posts, read 13,949,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven1976 View Post
I;ve bought from Manito furniture in west new york NJ. Three years ago I bought a dining set, mattress set, bookshelf, desk, futon, dresser for about 2.5k. YOu can take the light rail to hoboken and then to the 48st stop in union city and walk from there because i think it's on 53rd or 52nd street. They deliver fast because they usually have a lot in stock.

If someone could possible get you to river road in the Target strip mall area there is a big furniture store going out of business with low prices.
OMG Manito is a legend! Growing up in JC/UC this EVERYONE went to Manito.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey