U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2009, 01:57 PM

30 posts, read 158,952 times

Advertisements

I have been researching quite a lot on woodbridge and edison areas but it's really hard to find a rental community that everyone agrees to be good in all aspects such as cleaniness, security, amenities, etc.
Most of the communities seem to be old, infested with roaches, etc. Can anyone suggest a good rental community in woodbridge or edison area where I may rent a 2BR apartment or a townhouse?
I am looking to rent something under $1850 and my main needs will be security, nice area for walks with my wife and kid. Also, I work in NYC so it will be great to have a shuttle service to train stations or if someone can advice on the parking at metropark, edison, etc stations.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
I need to move from my current apartment in jersey city in the next 2-3 weeks!!

I came across Barrons Gate apartments in woodbridge (2BR for $1400) and it appears to be nice....hope you have something to say about this as well.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2009, 03:51 PM

1,289 posts, read 5,781,608 times
Are you dead set on a rental complex? You also have the option to rent from a private landlord in a community. Might get more for your money there.

Old 06-24-2009, 04:15 PM

1,977 posts, read 7,266,067 times
Try Millbrook apts near middlesex County College. Its basically right across from the college. I lived there 4 years and loved it. (try and get the Sunrise side not Millbrook, Sunrise is a little more condo-ish). Its not "luxury" in any way but it was always clean and we never had any bugs. The rental office was always good to deal with and when I had trouble paying rent once they allowed me to catch up a few months later. Each 'section' has its own laundry room (again not luxury, but adequate). Nice big clean pool, always enough parking. the ONLY reason we left was we bought a house.

Google maps Link
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sour...=UTF8&t=h&z=18

Old 06-24-2009, 06:39 PM

46 posts, read 64,995 times
Barron's gate is excellent. My cousin lives there. I believe that they have a website that has video tours of the interiors. google their name, you should find it. very nice.

Old 06-25-2009, 08:03 AM

30 posts, read 158,952 times
I am not struck for just a rental community but it's a bit easier I am open to renting from a landlord as well. Thanks for your comments and I will check the communities you have mentioned and in case there is something that comes to your mind..do let me know.

Thanks again.

Old 06-27-2009, 11:35 AM

1,289 posts, read 5,781,608 times
That is good because renting from a Landlord allows you to open up your options. Just to give you an idea of what you get for your money, feel free to click this link for rentals curently on the market in Edison:

Edison Rentals
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey