Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2011, 10:12 AM

102 posts, read 170,271 times

Advertisements

I agree Dotty. As a north Jersey resident, I thought I would lose my mind - absolutely lose my mind - while I had to live in NC for two years. The pace alone almost killed me and people talked circles around you, never getting to the point or being direct. What might be perceived as rude to some others, I see as direct, honest and productive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2011, 10:23 AM

1,527 posts, read 4,060,189 times
I was never so happy as to come home after working in Dallas. Sure, maybe people are more friendly to your face, but a lot of it is phoney baloney.

Old 02-10-2011, 10:40 AM

7,780 posts, read 21,848,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jxndean View Post
I keep on hearing that people in Jersey can be a little rough around the edges when it comes to their attitudes. I was watching the Real Housewives of NJ and the women on the show seemed like they didn't take much crap from each other...

Is this how a lot of people in NJ act?
I think NJ is an intresting place BTW and would love to visit it one day.

Any input is appreciated.

Thx.
The Jersey attitude generally originated from Northern NJ. Us Southerners are more laid back and you don't that sort of thing down here..

Old 10-01-2011, 03:16 AM

18 posts, read 66,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyc_37 View Post
There is no "Jersey attitude". That's ridiculous. People here talk faster, move faster, etc ... so I suppose people from outside of the Northeast interpret that as an attitude, somehow? That is as ignorant as someone from up here assuming that a slow-speaking Southerner is stupid, just because of the speed of their speech.

If there is a "Jersey attitude", it's NOTHING compared to a Long Island or NYC attitude.

I love how NJ's stereotypes (ALL of them) are centered around the landscape and types of people that one might find in the few square miles closest to NYC. And by love, I mean hate.
people in jersey are everybody's face about everything even things that don't really concern or matter to them, because that's the way they are pushy buttinsky know it alls

Old 10-01-2011, 03:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyA11 View Post
You want to see crazy drivers? Come to Florida.

I lived in NJ for over 54 years, and learned how to drive on Rt 169 in Bayonne -- surrounded by trucks. Jersey drivers are intelligent and polite compared to Floridians. Jersey drivers will see your signal and allow you to change lanes, even waving at you to signal you over (and they actually know what 'alternate feed' means).

Living in Florida, I've learned one thing -- if you want to change lanes, just do it. Signaling that you're changing lanes is like waving a red flag in front of a bull. The driver behind you will speed up to cut you off -- then cut in front of you to get into your lane. It's insane.
i am not knocking down on all jersey people. it is just the ones near pal pk, fort lee, fairview, leonia and hackensack area who are like this. they tend to think that the stop signs and yield signs are there as decorations. on the street where i live, there have been so many accidents by these lead foot freaks who speed through the street like the autobahn, the town actually came out and put a huge speed bump. and the stop sign on this block has already been replaced numerous times, because these hostile freaks have ran into it, and some of them on purpose. especially people that live in palisades park nj really have some serious mental issues behind the wheels.

Old 10-01-2011, 06:07 AM

24,488 posts, read 41,092,262 times
I will chop off your balls, bake it in matzo meal and serve it to your mother at your funeral. I will cut out your tongue, stick it so far up your ass, that you'll be tasting it. I will grind your porky wife's ass into a porkfat sausage and stuff it down your throat. Now, like I was saying... do we have a deal?

That my friend, is the jersey attitude.

Old 10-02-2011, 06:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
do you think you have the jersey attitude?
new jerseyans have this in your face attitude, because a lot of them just don't have anything good going on in their lives so they tried to be control freaks with others, even people they don't know. and this causes a lot of friction and fights over stupid ****.

Old 10-02-2011, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
It's something that people from the NE are known for... NJ, NY, Philly and a few others. You got a problem with that!?
i have lived in both new york and jersey, and north jersey people have too much time on their hand to mind their own beeswax and they always have to be in other people's faces, even over stupid stuff like someone else's music taste, because it differs from theirs.
north nj people needs to get a life, and get real.

Old 10-02-2011, 06:25 AM

Default this is from someone named thinkabit

Think a bit
sorry for bringing this back from the dead but i do have a few things to say. ambroasia, you must be the Korean cop that just yells at everyone thinking you're the boss. Secondly, you must be ashamed of being Korean. Just because you think you're defending them from your fellow co-workers does not give you the right to insult them. And when have you done anything for the Koreans in Pal Park. If you cared so much, you should give free classes about parking. Honestly, have you thought about the how little space there is to park in that town? If parking was free don't you think the problems would go away? Also, Broad Ave is way too narrow! Cars cannot pass when one is trying to park. Pal Park is now just a place to get parking tickets for everyone. When a quarter gave an hour, now it's been dropped to 30 minutes. Where is all that money going to? Shouldn't they make wider streets and big parking lots? You have it easy you lousy useless cop.

BTW, have you driven anywhere else? The Bronx is the worst. There are always illegal u-turns over double yellow lines, double parking, parking in the bus lane, people not giving a signal before turning or switching lanes, etc. You have not seen the worst yet.

You should definitely think about accepting the Koreans for who they are or move out! It's obvious you don't want to be there and no one wants you in Pal Park either. Everyone already knows your a douche, maybe you should be nicer without having such a short temper like all Koreans. You're just a useless Korean that can't help other Koreans. Good luck with life! You're obviously failing at it.

[+] Rate this post positively

Old 10-03-2011, 09:53 AM

2,705 posts, read 8,261,704 times
Is this so-called "Jersey attitude" any different than the "attitude" one would encounter in any other part of the NYC metropolitan area?

I think if anything, one experiences LESS of a nasty attitude in NJ than in other parts of the region.

Have you guys ever been to any of the NYC boroughs? How about Long Island? NJ (especially suburban NJ) is like a friendly fest after visiting some of the aforementioned areas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey