Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2009, 07:17 AM

129 posts, read 205,426 times

Advertisements

Hey tahiti, instead of trying to twist things around, isn't it time you started dealing with valid criticism?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2009, 07:46 AM

12,283 posts, read 35,594,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzytish View Post
Hey tahiti, instead of trying to twist things around, isn't it time you started dealing with valid criticism?
i will when i see valid criticism! it's deliciously ironic when someone with an attitude claims a vast majority of the state has said attitude.

read this post of mine: //www.city-data.com/forum/9791972-post77.html

*that's* where I'm coming from.

Old 09-04-2009, 08:20 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,491,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angerinthenation View Post
I like how you try to zero in on me when you should be zeroing in on yourself. You are not the person that you THINK you are.

It really pissed me off to see you and somebody else trying to pass off my statements for ebonics and being a race imitator, like what is a race imitator.
im exactly the person i think that i am. im awesome.

you, on the other hand, are an angry little curmudgeon. if you arent using ebonics then why cant you speak proper english? is english your second language? i never called you a race imitator.

like tahiti said, you get what you give. it is no surprise to me that people treat you without respect.

Old 09-04-2009, 12:35 PM

129 posts, read 205,426 times
Still don't want to deal with reality, huh tahiti? Hostility and one-upmanship seem to be your calling card which makes me suspect you have a superiority complex.

You may need serious help.

Old 09-04-2009, 12:39 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,491,712 times
Quote:
Still don't want to deal with reality, huh tahiti? Hostility and one-upmanship seem to be your calling card which makes me suspect you have a superiority complex.

you surprised that "angerinthenation" isnt a people person? look at the name. he is an angry little person that thinks everyone is out to get him. its just a very immature attitude and not uncommon to hate the place where you are living. its the "grass is greener" mentality that so many people have. it was common when i went to marlboro high school. the idiot kids had no appreciation for the town they lived in. "people in nyc are so great, people in nj are jerks." please. we also have to consider that anger also lives in a sewer (irvington) so that doesnt help things either.

Old 09-04-2009, 12:47 PM

1,308 posts, read 4,608,659 times
Quote:

Did you read the terms of service? No personal attacks

Old 09-04-2009, 12:50 PM

12,283 posts, read 35,594,261 times
Quote:

Here's the reality: there are a'holes EVERYWHERE. people who use broad brush strokes to define an entire state of people need to LOOK IN THE MIRROR to see why *they* seem to be the ones attracting the a'holes.

now, address my assertion instead of deflecting, K?

and finally, check the history of your 15 or so posts and tell me who has the superiority complex and attitude! You come on this board like a bat out of hell and wonder why you get the reception you do.

Old 09-04-2009, 02:08 PM

593 posts, read 1,655,887 times
Quote:
Anger, you hit the nail on the head. There is nastiness in Jersey that you don't get in NYC. I have found many people in northern NJ to have an arrogant, superior attitude, even when I'm nice to them!

Oh by the way, I did not grow up in New Jersey, so I've had the experience of seeing how people treat others in different states. Generally speaking, New Jerseyans have a long way to go as far in regards to courtesy and tolerance. And the politics and organization of this state is horrendous.....and nobody seems to want to change anything.

If you get a chance, read "The Soprano State" - google it and read the review on amazon.com. Those two New Jersey reporters had the guts to tell it like it is. If you had more people like that in NJ, then maybe things would turn around.
Exactly, they think that I'm making this stuff up. We can't tell them this kind of stuff though but you always see these people around with the whole "I love Jersey because we got the best beaches, we're the best people, we're straightforward and all this other bull" sounding really really arrogant. I don't know how they confused being straightforward for acting rude and fresh. I guess it's because they're upset that they're not from New York or Pennsylvania. I don't know.

Old 09-04-2009, 02:12 PM

1,542 posts, read 6,019,848 times
Quote:
There is nastiness in Jersey that you don't get in NYC.
you have GOT to be kidding me.

this may have been the funniest - and the dumbest - comment in this entire thread.

Old 09-04-2009, 02:22 PM

593 posts, read 1,655,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbergen View Post
you have GOT to be kidding me.

this may have been the funniest - and the dumbest - comment in this entire thread.

Funny, you must have spent all your life in New Jersey. We're not saying NYC doesn't have *******s but Jersey is FULL of them though.

And another thing too... can any of you please explain why there's tons of people that talk about the Jersey attitude if it's supposed to be a myth? You know... people talk about it offline. People talk about it in here. There's been tv shows based off of it. You know, there has to be some truth in it if even residents of the state actually acknowledge it by calling it "being straightforward" even though it's NOT that. Being straightforward does NOT mean being rude. Giving somebody the middle finger is NOT being straightforward.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey