Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2009, 05:23 AM

636 posts, read 1,423,939 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002 View Post
Must not have been if those kids went running to tell the authorities so quickly
You mean to the bank
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2009, 05:34 AM

9,324 posts, read 16,665,015 times
I find it offensive that the TV media thinks everyone in the US wants to watch each moment of MJ funeral. Many of us are not interested!
How many soldiers were killed today in Afghanistan? What were their names?

Maybe more of us need to start emailing the media and complain. There are no more real journalists in the USA.

Old 07-08-2009, 06:03 AM

4,287 posts, read 10,768,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkCity0416 View Post
MJ is the reason why artist such as Usher, Beyonce, Ricky Martin, Aventura, Alicia Keys, Jennifer Hudson, etc, are on MTV.

His music spanned 45 years and 5 diffrent decades.

He united people of all races, ages, religions, cultural backgrounds, etc.

To millions of fans, MJ wasn't a "Freak Show", but a man who was truely blessed with a talent like no other.

MJ was the biggest Pop-Star on Earth. We just lost the 20th Century version of Mozart, Beethoven, or Bach. A musical genius and prodegy.

It will be tough for me to explain to other generations, what MJ ment to millions of people, especially minorities.

As it was stated in the Memorial:

He is simply the greatest entertainer who ever lived." - Berry Gordy

why is it every time a black person dies, they automatically were some super significant person who advanced race relations to new heights.... He was a singer with many personal problems... thats it.

Don't try to make him out to be any more.

Old 07-08-2009, 06:28 AM

636 posts, read 1,423,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantRutgersfan View Post

why is it every time a black person dies, they automatically were some super significant person who advanced race relations to new heights.... He was a singer with many personal problems... thats it.

Don't try to make him out to be any more.
He didn't unite different races?

Old 07-08-2009, 07:45 AM

9,375 posts, read 20,801,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Michigan Man View Post
Maybe he was a predator, but we don't know for sure
Hold a sec. There is a sworn affadavit here that is so graphic, I don't see how there isn't at least some authenticity to it.

Michael Jackson's Other Legacy - June 25, 2009

Even if a quarter of this is true, it is incredibly disturbing.

Old 07-08-2009, 07:48 AM

1,482 posts, read 3,126,522 times
He was a pop icon.

In that relm, he beat Blondie, Cindi Lauper, MC Hammer and all teh other important people of that era. (rolleyes).

As for him "spanning" 45 years, many of us who were not big fans felt he burnt out around the time of Bad (when you are spoofed by Weird Al, you have reached the top... ) he was starting his long spiral into freakish denial and tried desperately to erase his own identity.

He did not want to be himself, although he loved the attension he got for it. A self destructive dichotomy.

So while I cannot deny his tallent, I can also point to artists, whether I like them or not, that outshine him in many ways. Prince comes to mind (yes, I hate the guy, but I cannot deny his tallent). Madonna's marketing and career management is beyond comparison for a relatively average looking and generic sounding individual (go back to her roots, she was one of the only ones to make it out of the 80's and still pack them in on NEW stuff).

But I think this thread is more about the media circus and the apparent lack of reason by the general public, not about Michael in and of himself.

The networks have found this stuff earns more money than actual news. Why else would we have "hollywood extra" "TMZ" and all this other schmutz on prime time?

It makes money.

Old 07-08-2009, 08:25 AM

2,705 posts, read 8,272,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
Hold a sec. There is a sworn affadavit here that is so graphic, I don't see how there isn't at least some authenticity to it.

Michael Jackson's Other Legacy - June 25, 2009

Even if a quarter of this is true, it is incredibly disturbing.
It's all very, very disturbing. Even if he just slept in the same bed with young boys, that is disturbing enough. Especially with how creepy he looks.

I don't understand the relationship this kid and his sister and mother had with MJ. What the heck kind of weird relationship was that? I'm dumbfounded.

I think MJ is a freak. How can anyone NOT agree that he is very, very weird

Old 07-08-2009, 08:27 AM

2,705 posts, read 8,272,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkCity0416 View Post
MJ is the reason why artist such as Usher, Beyonce, Ricky Martin, Aventura, Alicia Keys, Jennifer Hudson, etc, are on MTV.
That's a good thing?? All of the artists you mention record pre-fabricated crap.

Old 07-08-2009, 08:44 AM

16 posts, read 68,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgt04 View Post
I agree...ridiculous how overblown this has become. Whatever happened to him being brought up on pedophile charges? Maybe or maybe he wasn't a pedophile but you have to admit, something was not right with him there with what he did with little kids.

Yet no one remembers this? It feels like we're glorifying a pedophile.
I have to respond to this. Ever heard of innocent until proven guilty or is it the other way around

He went to trial and was acquitted do you remember?

Just last week the first kid who accused these allegations said that his father put him up to it and it wasn't true. He was NEVER touched by MJ. Talk about a money scam Of course this isn't all over the news because the media wants you to remember they want.

I have kids and there is no way in hell I would settle out of court if someone really touched them.
So this leads to my next point the guy was misunderstood and a little cooky.. but what do you expect when your whole life is dedicated to the service of others?? If anyone is crazy it's his father for not allowing some normalcy to their childhoods.

It's clear you don't respect the man's music and what he's done for it. But that's ok

Old 07-08-2009, 08:45 AM

21,274 posts, read 6,348,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantRutgersfan View Post
Fox, ABC, CBS, NBC, all of em.

Am I the only one who could care less about Jacko? This guy was regarded as a freak and pedo for the last 20 years.

I think its a bit much that every single tv station is airing this garbage.
You'd swear he was a head of state somewhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey