Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2009, 12:16 PM

3,238 posts, read 8,769,821 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phish Head View Post
I mostly listen for traffic and weather. Although I agree with Dennis Malloy on almost every topic.
I've been out of Jersey for a while, is Judy still with Dennis? They were really great together. They could have taken that show on the road.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2009, 12:34 PM

538 posts, read 2,451,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by colleeng47 View Post
I've been out of Jersey for a while, is Judy still with Dennis? They were really great together. They could have taken that show on the road.
No, Judy is gone. Now there is Michele Pilenza, and I'm not as crazy about their show as when Judy was there. Dennis is still Dennis though, very funny and informative.

Old 07-08-2009, 12:47 PM

3,859 posts, read 9,944,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phish Head View Post
No, Judy is gone. Now there is Michele Pilenza, and I'm not as crazy about their show as when Judy was there.
How come? Personality-wise she's the same man-hating shrew Judy was-do you miss Judy's shrill nasal "nails-on-a-chalkboard" voice?

Old 07-08-2009, 02:14 PM

2,210 posts, read 7,011,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Michigan Man View Post
Being a taxpayer advocate is "right wing"?
Taxpayer advocates is the label, right wing is the mantra. They openly support whoever is the most right wing candidate, both in NJ and national elections. It's boring and predictable and designed to get people calling in. That's fine. If people want to get riled up as "entertainment" and it gets advertisers in (the ultimate goal of the station) that is their business.

I like my information to feel truly educational though, without the agenda.

Old 07-08-2009, 02:41 PM

1,057 posts, read 1,909,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyB View Post
Taxpayer advocates is the label, right wing is the mantra. They openly support whoever is the most right wing candidate, both in NJ and national elections.
Maybe it's because the "right wing" candidate supports lower taxes.

Old 07-08-2009, 03:43 PM

20,238 posts, read 19,803,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Michigan Man View Post
Being a taxpayer advocate is "right wing"?
In some circles is actually is. I don't recall 101.5 being friendly to the Whitman administration at all.

Back to the point, I've always liked Scott's statehouse coverage and commentary. We can't get it anywhere else from the traditional electronic media.

Like others, I want NJ news and issues discussed, not NY's or Philly's, and 101.5 fills the order.

Of course if you're a supporter or beneficiary the Machine politics, their cronies and NJ's public worker's unions I could see where you'd prefer them to be taken off of the air.

Old 07-08-2009, 04:09 PM

636 posts, read 1,420,636 times
Quote:
Taxpayer advocates is the label, right wing is the mantra. They openly support whoever is the most right wing candidate, both in NJ and national elections. It's boring and predictable and designed to get people calling in. That's fine. If people want to get riled up as "entertainment" and it gets advertisers in (the ultimate goal of the station) that is their business.

I like my information to feel truly educational though, without the agenda.
If NJ's agenda wasn't to bend over the taxpayers, Gearhart wouldn't need to do his show. Exposing corruption is a good thing.

Old 07-08-2009, 07:11 PM

1,915 posts, read 3,478,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeradoDan View Post
Maybe it's because the "right wing" candidate supports lower taxes.
And who in their right mind doesn't?

Old 07-08-2009, 07:30 PM

11,299 posts, read 16,595,904 times
Quote:
101.5 has headed downhill for years the more right wing they have become. Eric Scott has to have guests on because he is so boring and lacking in personality or insight it is impossible to listen to him for more than 5 minutes without becoming drowsy. Not very safe for the drive to work.

The Philly stations are actually outshining NY stations recently I noticed and for weather and traffic 98.3 is fairly innocuous and plays music. Far less annoying.
Yep, guess you're right considering it's rated as one of the top listened to radio stations in America.

Old 07-08-2009, 08:23 PM

87 posts, read 351,012 times
I usually listen to Jim for a little while in the morning, but I am actually very much enjoying Eric's interviews. He's a solid journalist and from what I've heard during his interviews, he's not afraid to ask tough questions. But he does so in a way that comes off respectful.

As an aside, I do not think Eric would do a full-time show because he is on the news side and does not do commentary (at least I have never heard him do so). Doing that would compromise his ability to do those interviews.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey